ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger targeted for ABC comedy Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th April 2006 09:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Mick Jagger targeted for ABC comedy

Thu Apr 20, 2006
Television News
By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Mick Jagger is in negotiations to appear in an untitled ABC comedy pilot about a group of blue-collar guys in New York who decide to rob a celebrity. The Rolling Stones frontman would play the target.

Originally, the project was shopped around with the cheeky title "I Want to Rob Jeff Goldblum," but Goldblum, who has his own pilot at NBC, was never attached. After the script was picked up to pilot in December, the show's creators, Rob Burnett and Jon Beckerman, zeroed in on Jagger as the celebrity at the center of the show.

Jagger would appear in only a few scenes, and his name is not expected to be in the title of the project, sources said. But he is crucial to the plot line as the target of the planned robbery and is mentioned numerous times in the scenes that already have been filmed. DVDs with the taped pilot sans Jagger's scenes already have started floating around. If the pilot is picked up to series, Jagger would continue to appear as the plot to rob him develops.

With the deal for the Burnett/Beckerman project, Jagger is poised to join another British rock star, Elton John, in the ABC comedy fold this season. John executive produces the pilot "Him and Us."

The Rolling Stones wrapped the spring leg of their world tour in New Zealand on Tuesday, and will begin the European leg in Barcelona on May 27.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

20th April 2006 09:24 AM
Break The Spell With that kind of plot, I wonder how long a show like that could last. After the celebrity is robbed and the blue collar guys are busted, where do you go from there? Unless it turns into a prison "comedy".
20th April 2006 09:30 AM
luxury1 well, that show "prison break" sure has the nation's attention, and those bozo inmates have yet to break out--I was wondering the same thing--what the hell happens when they finally get free?

A NY-based show, you say??
20th April 2006 09:34 AM
Break The Spell Maybe that's how the plot will keep extending, like the guys never get caught and go on the run, the way Prison Break keeps on going by the guys having yet to break out.
20th April 2006 09:49 AM
gimmekeef It would be better with Keith...him bashin the robbers over the head with his guitar ala Hampton 81 !
20th April 2006 10:23 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
well, that show "prison break" sure has the nation's attention, and those bozo inmates have yet to break out--I was wondering the same thing--what the hell happens when they finally get free?

Haha, hilarious. I though the same thing. I initially though "PB" was like a miniseries in a few parts, and once they break out- finito. THen i hear "next season" and they are still in prison, lol.
20th April 2006 11:06 AM
jb tHIS CONFIRMS THE END IS NEAR..............REVOLTING.
20th April 2006 11:20 AM
Saint Sway PATHETIC!!!! does Mick even have a brain?? Why would he agree to do this????

you know this show is going to be a collossal embarrasment. A total punchline.

take a look at ABC's top "comedy's"...
According To Jim
Americas Funniest Home Videos
Freddie
George Lopez
Hope & Faith
Rodney
Sons & Daughter
What About Brian

and now.... I Want To Rob Mick Jagger

brilliant!
20th April 2006 11:32 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
PATHETIC!!!! does Mick even have a brain?? Why would he agree to do this????

you know this show is going to be a collossal embarrasment. A total punchline.

take a look at ABC's top "comedy's"...
According To Jim
Americas Funniest Home Videos
Freddie
George Lopez
Hope & Faith
Rodney
Sons & Daughter
What About Brian

and now.... I Want To Rob Mick Jagger

brilliant!

That is a poor list indeed, I can honestly say I don't watch any of those. It sounds like Jagger hasn't agreed to do this as of yet so there's still hope.
20th April 2006 12:38 PM
glencar Is "Prison Break" any good? I saw the star of that show was in "The Human Stain" & he was surprisingly good.
20th April 2006 12:49 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is "Prison Break" any good? I saw the star of that show was in "The Human Stain" & he was surprisingly good.

I like it, but its kinda like "24" in that you got to watch from the beginning to know whats going on.
20th April 2006 12:53 PM
jb House is the best dram ever...........I try to mold myself after him.
20th April 2006 12:58 PM
Lavendar I like Micks [juxtpa] Hey whata is there to lose? Everyone needs to Laugh and Drool.
20th April 2006 12:59 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
jb wrote:
House is the best dram ever...........I try to mold myself after him.

I once had a doctor like him, only he made way more mistakes.
20th April 2006 01:01 PM
gimmekeef The only thing ABC had was MNF...Then Housewives...but their so called comedies are lame.
20th April 2006 01:05 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The only thing ABC had was MNF...Then Housewives...but their so called comedies are lame.

I also like Grey's Anatomy. But yes, their comedies are weak.
20th April 2006 01:06 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
House is the best dram ever...........I try to mold myself after him.

Dr. House is the Mick Jagger of internal medicine just like you are the Mick Jagger of tort law & I am the Mick Jagger of ATC!
20th April 2006 01:10 PM
glencar I saw "Bones" last night. It wouldn't be a bad show except the lead actress has a rather wooden way of reading her lines.
20th April 2006 01:13 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
glencar wrote:
I saw "Bones" last night. It wouldn't be a bad show except the lead actress has a rather wooden way of reading her lines.

She also has a very unpleasant-looking jaw. Bones indeed.
20th April 2006 01:16 PM
glencar Maybe it's all that tension from having to "act"!
20th April 2006 03:42 PM
Sir Stonesalot I only got one word to say about this....

GAK!
20th April 2006 09:50 PM
Soldatti It will be funny to see.
20th April 2006 11:29 PM
gorda
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Mick Jagger targeted for ABC comedy

Thu Apr 20, 2006
Television News
By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Mick Jagger is in negotiations to appear in an untitled ABC comedy pilot about a group of blue-collar guys in New York who decide to rob a celebrity. The Rolling Stones frontman would play the target.

Originally, the project was shopped around with the cheeky title "I Want to Rob Jeff Goldblum," but Goldblum, who has his own pilot at NBC, was never attached. After the script was picked up to pilot in December, the show's creators, Rob Burnett and Jon Beckerman, zeroed in on Jagger as the celebrity at the center of the show.

Jagger would appear in only a few scenes, and his name is not expected to be in the title of the project, sources said. But he is crucial to the plot line as the target of the planned robbery and is mentioned numerous times in the scenes that already have been filmed. DVDs with the taped pilot sans Jagger's scenes already have started floating around. If the pilot is picked up to series, Jagger would continue to appear as the plot to rob him develops.

With the deal for the Burnett/Beckerman project, Jagger is poised to join another British rock star, Elton John, in the ABC comedy fold this season. John executive produces the pilot "Him and Us."

The Rolling Stones wrapped the spring leg of their world tour in New Zealand on Tuesday, and will begin the European leg in Barcelona on May 27.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

What a stupid show! But, then again, I do watch anything with Micky in it! So, I guess I'll be watching!

P.S. I have a better plot for a sitcom! What if a group of "gorditas kidnap Micky and make him their love slave! I'll be the starring "gordita". Of course, each episode, he would try to escape!
21st April 2006 12:50 AM
glencar Gordita $1.69 at Taco Smell!
21st April 2006 12:54 AM
pdog Taco Bell gives me anal leakage!
21st April 2006 01:12 AM
glencar Ew!
21st April 2006 06:56 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
pdog wrote:
Taco Bell gives me anal leakage!

For some reason, the fake Mexican food like da Bell has worse effect on me than the authentic stuff. Hate to know what their "secret" ingredients are...
21st April 2006 09:42 AM
Ihavelotsajam There are worse things he could do than do a show that takes the piss out of him. Like make another really bad solo album (as opposed to another really good one-- I don't konw how many of those are left in him).
21st April 2006 01:20 PM
Bitch Whatever MICK is involved in, I'll watch it. It doesnt sound like this could be a top rated show, but it's worth a try, just to catch a glimpse of MICK counting all his MONEY!!! Who on earth has more money than MICK??? Not many, I would guess he makes a nice target. Imagine his collections of clothes, jewels, artwork, cars, homes, and everything he must have in abundance. MICK might not even be able to keep track of it all himself! He could be robbed and never know it, like an employee stealing silver salt and pepper shakers, lol, or a butler stealing his girlfriend behind the pantry door, lol.
21st April 2006 01:40 PM
gimmekeef Whats next?

"My Name Is Keith"....or
"Survivor Stones"...or
"Desperate Guitar Players"..or
"Late Night With Keith Richards" (shit I'd watch that!)
"Everybody Loves Charlie"
"CSI:Stones"
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)