ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stoneleighs In Dallas Texas Return to archive
19th April 2006 09:54 AM
costpenn Hello All,
I'm the Bill guy in a new Stones tribute band "The Stoneleighs"(already seriously thinking about a name change)based in the DFW area We are - like "Rocks Off" only in it for the music - mostly. We're playing this Saturday at the Lakewood Bar & Grill at approx. 10:00 PM. We hope to meet some local Rocks Off members and maybe get some more information on any other local Stones enthusiasts groups in the area. Check out the website at The Stoneleighs.com
19th April 2006 10:24 AM
Gazza theres a few Rocksoffers in that area. Thanks for posting and good luck with the gig
19th April 2006 11:27 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
costpenn wrote:
Hello All,
I'm the Bill guy in a new Stones tribute band "The Stoneleighs"(already seriously thinking about a name change)based in the DFW area We are - like "Rocks Off" only in it for the music - mostly. We're playing this Saturday at the Lakewood Bar & Grill at approx. 10:00 PM. We hope to meet some local Rocks Off members and maybe get some more information on any other local Stones enthusiasts groups in the area. Check out the website at The Stoneleighs.com

I always like to check out Stones tribute bands. What songs do you guys all do? Do you have a Chuck Leavell guy in your band that gets you guys to mix things up?? :}
20th April 2006 09:15 AM
costpenn Thanks for replying. We do the usual suspects in the sets, plus selected later ones such as Saint Of Me, Anybody Seen My Baby, etc,. One of my favorites is When The Whip Comes Down - I'd like us to do the whole Some Girls Album in order at some point. We have a Bobby Keys guy for Sax where appropriate, percussion, and "Keysboards" Again, we have a pretty good website for the group at thestoneleighs.com that lists other upcoming events. Also, are there any local Stones fan groups in North Texas?

Thanks
[Edited by costpenn]
20th April 2006 09:27 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
costpenn wrote:
Thanks for replying. We do the usual suspects in the sets, plus selected later ones such as Saint Of Me, Anybody Seen My Baby, etc,

Thanks
[Edited by costpenn]

When you play the post-Steel Wheels material, do the other band members make you change from Bill to Darryl?? :}
25th April 2006 05:45 PM
costpenn Daryl and Bill - one grooves and the other swings.
Had a great show on Saturday, and hitting the road for a gig in Austin this weekend. Hate to keep asking, but does anyone know of any local or regional Stones groups here in Texas and how could I reach them? We'd like to deluge everyone with mucho unnecessary info about the group and our schedule. Seriously, I enjoy playing more in front of real Stones fans instead of those who say "who wrote that" when we do something like "Dead Flowers" And by the way, "Far Away Eyes" only works in Ft. Worth - we're much too sophisticated here in Dallas for that hillbilly jig
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)