ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wellington Westpac Stadium,18th April 2006 - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th April 2006 07:44 AM
Jeep From RS.com :

JJ Flash
You Got Me Rocking
She's So Cold
Oh No Not You Again
It's Only Rock And Roll
Angie
Gimmie Shelter
Midnight Rambler
Tumblin' Dice
--------------
This Place Is Empty
Happy

Miss You
Rough Justice
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Woman

Sympathy
Paint It Black
Brown Sugar
Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction
18th April 2006 07:48 AM
Jeep

[Edited by Jeep]
18th April 2006 08:00 AM
corgi37 Why the fuck did Sydney have to get Night time?

BTW, 1 week ago, the show was going for 1 hour. Man, time bloody flies.
18th April 2006 09:16 AM
Daethgod yer but great memories hey !

u got dat bottle

18th April 2006 09:23 AM
Break The Spell Shelter, Rambler and Tumbling Dice all in a row, nice!! I wonder if Keith will play a different song, he's been content with TPIE and Happy lately.
18th April 2006 09:27 AM
Jumacfly Thanks Jeep, great work as usual!
je suis fier de toi !!
18th April 2006 09:28 AM
Paranoid_Android
Miss You
Rough Justice
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Woman

GREAT B stage set!!!
18th April 2006 10:26 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Why the fuck did Sydney have to get Night time?

BTW, 1 week ago, the show was going for 1 hour. Man, time bloody flies.

I am sorry my heiness!!! YIu did deserve Mr.GS...but you must, zI repeat, must, come to the states in the fall...I will meet you at almost any east cost venue and treat you like the King you are..don't brin g SIA as well!!!!!!!!!
18th April 2006 10:46 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Shelter, Rambler and Tumbling Dice all in a row, nice!! I wonder if Keith will play a different song, he's been content with TPIE and Happy lately.

Sadly, these songs have been played on the following tours:

NOthing special...been there done that.

It is a sad state of affairs when Miss You, Honkey Tonk, Start Me Up and Rough Justice get us excited.

Humiliating effort!!!
18th April 2006 11:07 AM
Saint Sway Pug,

you're recent posts display a new found enlightenment and wisdom about the current state of the band that others have still been cluelessly unable to grasp.

I am almost slightly impressed. JB has taught you well.
18th April 2006 11:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Pug,

you're recent posts display a new found enlightenment and wisdom about the current state of the band that others have still been cluelessly unable to grasp.

I am almost slightly impressed. JB has taught you well.

Sadly, I find myself agreeing with some of your recent posts...perhaps we should consider a cease fire. Or as Joey has made famous....I sense a thawing.
18th April 2006 11:34 AM
marko I usually donīt care about set lists,but this time,its really a bored fuck-.They dont even bother to find a new
opening song.Theres plenty to choose from.
I think they only play songs,what keef&ronnie can play.
It would take forever from Keith to remember other songs.
18th April 2006 11:37 AM
Saint Sway yes. I do sense a thawing.

my efforts need to now be focused on others (Night Time fans, glitter shirt fans, Bang lickers, war horse devotees...)
18th April 2006 11:38 AM
six mayers Great set list!! but I prefer Start Me Up on the main stage....

cheers
18th April 2006 11:57 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Similar set to Mexico, just change She's so Cold for Rain Fall Down and Paint it Black for Get off my cloud
18th April 2006 11:59 AM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Similar set to Mexico, just change She's so Cold for Rain Fall Down and Paint it Black for Get off my cloud

Thankfully, Chicago, Boston, NYC, LA, and miami are not treated like this!
18th April 2006 12:13 PM
Saint Sway there is a horrible trend developing where fans either get MR & GS at the same show or neither of them.

Its now either MR & GS or bust. Thats a mighty tough crap shoot when you consider the alternative is usually Night Time & RFD.
18th April 2006 12:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
there is a horrible trend developing where fans either get MR & GS at the same show or neither of them.

Its now either MR & GS or bust. Thats a mighty tough crap shoot when you consider the alternative is usually Night Time & RFD.

It is old and tired....both of those songs have been performed for years...WHO CARES if they do Gimme Shelter...we have all seen it for years and those who have not can listen to the several releases of it on official live albums!
18th April 2006 01:51 PM
gimmekeef Well with 5 weeks off I'm sure they'll shake it up for Europe...perhaps Rambler and RFD?.....lol...Hopefully they swap out 4-5 and add in Street Fightin Man/Monkey Man as they new warhorse additions or they will be no reason for European boots!
18th April 2006 02:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Well with 5 weeks off I'm sure they'll shake it up for Europe...perhaps Rambler and RFD?.....lol...Hopefully they swap out 4-5 and add in Street Fightin Man/Monkey Man as they new warhorse additions or they will be no reason for European boots!

I hear they may make the drastic move and play Start Me Up AFTER IORR!!!!!!! There is also a chance that they will Encore with Brown Sugar instead of Satisfaction and some more shows!!!!!!! Also: they will begin to YGMR third in the set on some shows!!!!!
18th April 2006 02:37 PM
Saint Sway the Stones have the deepest and greatest song catalog of ANY band!
And they refuse to dip into it!

its like having 500 bottle vintage wine cellar and drinking from the same jug bottle every night
18th April 2006 04:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hold your horses babies... your wild horses... Europe won't be neither Omaha'ed nor humiliated
18th April 2006 07:28 PM
glencar NZ, I feel bad for you. You simply must go to Europe!
18th April 2006 07:32 PM
masoudi What a night, my voice is still in pieces. IMO a better concert than Auckland for a few reasons. The first was that the stage wasn't quite as high as auckland and us front rowers were able to see the whole band the entire time. In Auckland the stage was too high and you only saw the boys when they came to the front of the stage and I never saw Charlie all night except for his final bow and when he was on the big screen.

There were a few different songs and it was great to hear shes so cold. Midnight Rambler was again the highlight for me and it was another outstanding version.

Another reason was I was able to sneak up to the B stage as well and get front for that. Was so cool to see them in that setting close up.

After giving away my pick at Auckland (another story) I got one of Ronnies at Wellington which was very very cool as well as the set list they threw at the end.

The sound was great, they were all having a great time as always and to me they tried to give it their all for the final date of this leg.

My next show is stockholm which is only a few months away. I enjoyed this show more than the sydney Licks arena shows (Enmore still No 1) and the guitars were loud and Ronnie seemed to play more solos this tour than the last. that is what my hazy memory tells me anyway.

Great to hear gimme shelter which wasnt played in auckland.

Once again we are the luckiest fans, they still rock, they still love it and we get to enjoy seeing them again and again and again.

Cheers, Brendon Pearson

18th April 2006 07:42 PM
masoudi Guys why complain about the set list. They hadnt played Wellington for 40 years 99% of the audience are there for those songs and most of them have never heard the stones live.

Unless it is an arena or I wish a theatre then of course those are the natural songs for them. The average punter only knows the 40 Licks songs. Why do people think they have to play a set list for them when of course it is for the other 99% they have to cater.

Man I have heard the obvious hits heaps of times Live and i would never complain because it could all stop tomorrow or be my last show so i try and soak up every second.

If you play to 30,000 + then the majority have to be the obvious songs, if you play to 2000 then variety can happen.

18th April 2006 07:55 PM
Soldatti Time for Europe now, let's wait for some changes.
18th April 2006 09:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
masoudi wrote:
Once again we are the luckiest fans, they still rock, they still love it and we get to enjoy seeing them again and again and again.

Cheers, Brendon Pearson

You said it all!
18th April 2006 10:32 PM
glencar
quote:
masoudi wrote:
Guys why complain about the set list. They hadnt played Wellington for 40 years 99% of the audience are there for those songs and most of them have never heard the stones live.

Unless it is an arena or I wish a theatre then of course those are the natural songs for them. The average punter only knows the 40 Licks songs. Why do people think they have to play a set list for them when of course it is for the other 99% they have to cater.

Man I have heard the obvious hits heaps of times Live and i would never complain because it could all stop tomorrow or be my last show so i try and soak up every second.

If you play to 30,000 + then the majority have to be the obvious songs, if you play to 2000 then variety can happen.

Brendon, I hope you realize that most of us are joking. It's one thing for them to do a set like that in a city that they play every 3 years but if it's been 40 years, then that set list is fine. It's nice to see that you enjoyed it!
18th April 2006 10:44 PM
corgi37 SFM has had its day. I didnt mind it as an opener on LICKS, but i never want to hear it again. Or WIld Horses. Or GS for that matter. Or WOAF.
19th April 2006 04:53 AM
Jeep Short report from NZ Herald :

Stones give a mighty big bang for Wellington's bucks
19.04.06 1.00pm
By Heather Tyler

The last time Mick Jagger played the capital was in 1966, he told the crowd of 35,000 at the Westpac Stadium in Wellington.

"I think there's been a bit of a gap," he said.

After the opening pyrotechnics, the diminutive Rolling Stones front man came out onto the stage dressed in hot pink and black, and it was obvious he had been worth waiting for, even before he opened his famous mouth.

The 62-year-old pranced and swaggered like a teenager, wowing fans with all the old Rolling Stones' favourites.

This show was the last of one leg of the Stones' A Bigger Bang world tour. The first New Zealand gig was played in Auckland last week.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)