ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Melbourne Rod Laver Arena - 13th april 2006 - Set List, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
13th April 2006 08:41 PM
LadyJane Outstanding work, my Sister.

Simply the BEST!!!!

LJ.
13th April 2006 08:59 PM
gypsy The Rolling Stones - Melbourne, Australia - April 13, 2006:

13th April 2006 09:00 PM
PartyDoll MEG WOW!! Thanks Gypsy!-Which one to make my screensaver?!!

Sounds like a great show and a good setlist. Thanks for the reviews. Glad you got your Rocks Off, Daethgod!!
13th April 2006 09:01 PM
gypsy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Outstanding work, my Sister.

Simply the BEST!!!!

LJ.

Thank you, my Sister!

I'm going to send you a link in a few minutes to a file with loads more pics from last night's show.

~G
13th April 2006 09:40 PM
corgi37 Yeah, bummer i wasnt there. The money's gotta stop somewhere. Just couldnt afford it. I was happy with what i saw. Looks like a awesome show. Glad all who were there enjoyed it.

I'll hold my water bottle and that will soothe my sadness.
13th April 2006 09:49 PM
Mottrush
Just starting to come back to reality this morning!!

This was the best Stones show I've ever seen!! I thought Sydney was brilliant but this beat that hands down.

Unbelievable set list, just incredible!!

Wish I was going to New Zealand.

Cheers,

Mottrush

13th April 2006 10:42 PM
gypsy A few more from Melbourne, Australia - April 13, 2006:

14th April 2006 12:32 AM
Casey_WGDJ Awesome show, but my section (Upper, 37) basically SUCKED. I was the ONLY person standing, and I was told three times to sit down by people there. In one amazingly petty, vindictive case, this idiot who told me to sit down went and stood in front of this lovely lady next to me because she thought we were together. The lady next to me was so nice that when I was standing up, grooving to "Get Off My Cloud," she got up too, trying to support me.

I was on the aisle and in the front row, and I was often leaning against the rail so I wouldn't really be in anyone's way. Despite that, I was told several times that I was "ruining the show for everyone." *I* was ruining it for everyone?! I was trying to show this great band that they were entertaining me!

Whenever I'd go down to the front part below my section, I'd be there for one song and be told to go back to my seat, even when I said everyone was telling me to sit down. Finally, when that last woman came up and stood in front of the lady next to me, security made the gesture to say "Come here." I thought "I'm getting kicked out" but, to my shock, he said, "Would you like to go to the floor?" When we got down there, I shook his hand and said "Thank you -- you have made my night!"

I spent the last 5 or so songs at the back of the floor and had the time of my life! Everyone on the floor was WAY into it! Awesome!

It was a great show, but my night was kinda ruined because I was basically told I couldn't have a good time. One of the security guys said, "Wait till they play Start Me Up and stuff -- then everyone will stand." Screw that -- I was just as into Sway as I was into Start Me Up! Pretty typical Melbourne crowd -- the floor was into it, and so were the lower seated sections, but the rest of the place was dead.

What's funny is I had sold one of my tickets below cost. I wish I'd kept it. That section appeared to be having a GREAT time, LOL! Oh well!

It was my first Stones concert; I hope it won't be my last because it rawked!
14th April 2006 02:15 AM
gypsy The Rolling Stones in Melbourne, Australia - April 13, 2006:

14th April 2006 02:58 AM
glencar Wow, Ronnie looks HAMMERED in that one shot. Nice job as per usual Gypsy!
14th April 2006 07:20 AM
corgi37 Well, my footy team won.
14th April 2006 07:45 AM
RSRTG Definately the loudest Stones show I've been to. Unfortunately my only gripe about the 2 aussie shows was that they never played Midnight Rambler but in saying that, You cant always get what you want but I got a 'Ronnie' guitar pick!
Worried about you, She's so cold and Sway were my highlights along with the cat next to me getting slammed in the face by one of Charlie's drum sticks at the end.
At both concerts I had unbelievable seats, my worries were put to bed and last night in Melbourne was the closest Ive ever been to the boys.
They all seemed to enjoy the Australian crowds and we certainly enjoyed them!
I wanna see them again and again and again....etc
14th April 2006 08:14 AM
Daethgod im hearing ya dude

depression is setting in

its just after 10 pm here and teh B Stage would be moving back to the main stage about now .....

fark i love this band

14th April 2006 08:47 AM
RSRTG Yeah, i know about that feeling Daeth but I actually have an overwhelming feeling of being satisfied and being happy that I actually got to see them...twice in 1 week and as u know, not that long ago it was all a bit shakey as to whether they would get here at all.......i still wanna see them again.
Surprised at how many people we spoke to who were 1st timers at a stones gig.
How were the seats in Sydney? Did they live up to all ur expectations?
We were really happy with ours after initially thinking they would be crap....even more impressed that the Novotel was about a 5 min walk to the stadium too.
14th April 2006 10:28 AM
moy these great pix by Ros O'Gorman

14th April 2006 01:25 PM
jb People really like the pictures..but don't they alwasy look the same ? I may be in the minority, but they bore the shit out of me(no offense meant to the great contributors)....
[Edited by jb]
14th April 2006 01:35 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
People really like the pictures..but don't they alwasy look the same ? I may be in the minority, but they bore the shit out of me(no offense meant to the great contributors)....
[Edited by jb]

Does anything make you happy jb?....Lighten up man!
14th April 2006 02:35 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Does anything make you happy jb?....Lighten up man!

I really was not trying to "bait"..I like the photos from the 70's, early 80's etc. But the pics from the tours are alwasy pretty much the same..they wear the same clothes and there is nothing different. Doesit make people feel more connected to the shows?

P.S,-Eva Longoria makes me happy .
14th April 2006 04:37 PM
glencar For those who were at the show, was it the best show you've ever seen?
14th April 2006 07:25 PM
GotToRollMe Tremendous pics, Gypsy!
14th April 2006 07:38 PM
sj
quote:
glencar wrote:
For those who were at the show, was it the best show you've ever seen?

Yup! Brilliant.

Mick Jagger says at the start "We always feel good when we come to Melbourne". I figure the brilliant setlist starting with satisfaction is their appreciation in feeling so good.

The WHOLE crowd stayed on 5-10mins after the show *HOPING* the boys would do a second encore.

"How are you feeling?. You feeling good". Asked Jagger.
Definitely!!
14th April 2006 07:59 PM
Daethgod yep i agree

this was THE best show i have seen

had it all,even a huge fark up with BS as the final encore, a lesser band would have had to restart, but teh Stones brought it together in teh end

WAY, Sway, Shes So Cold, and a great version of SFD and NO-ONE sat down during Keefs set, even thru TPIE.
And yer no-one wanted to leave, chanting and roaring for 5-10 mins after the show non stop.
It def felt like a party, someone told me it reminded them of a Faces gig.

and yer our Syd tix were freaking amazing !
see corgis post, Mick sprayed us with water and corgi even caught Micks water bottle.
Man, now i gotta get my life back to normalcy ..
tho i gotta oganise my honeymoon in late Aug, maybe i should scope out the tour dates .....

14th April 2006 09:02 PM
gypsy
quote:
moy wrote:
these great pix by Ros O'Gorman

Those are awesome, moy! I love that you got a pic of Charlie. I can NEVER find pics of Charlie...he's always obscured by Mick or Keith. Thanks so much for posting those - they're great!
15th April 2006 07:48 AM
maumau
quote:
jb wrote:
People really like the pictures..but don't they alwasy look the same ? I may be in the minority, but they bore the shit out of me(no offense meant to the great contributors)....
[Edited by jb]

in the '70s and '80s you would have to wait for professional photographers to release their shots from a concert in a book or in a monography, but for more of the shows you would have perhaps a couple of takes for newspapers or magazines and, in order to see them you had to buy them printed on paper. So, leaving in Italy you had little chance to see tons images from the band playing in Omaha 20mins after the end of the show...

now with the internet you have immediate access to both professional photos delivered by agencies (sometimes before the end of the show) and causual fan photos of pretty high quality made with cameras and cell phones

so, i see what you mean, but i think it's technology you hae to put the blame on perhaps, if you want.
15th April 2006 10:38 AM
sssoul >> When did Keith pick up the new white ES-335? <<

i've been having guitar-identifying lessons: it's a 345.
Keith had it in Japan as well, but i think that was its first outing.
thanks very much for all these excellent shots of it, Gypsy & Moy!
[Edited by sssoul]
16th April 2006 07:36 AM
corgi37 You've come out with some classics JB, but the clothes???????
17th April 2006 03:16 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
You've come out with some classics JB, but the clothes???????

Hey, I'm glad you had a blast,,58k is much more than most shows in N. America. Would like you to have got Rambler/GS, but so what!!! You got the Stones and had a blast....Congrats!!!
19th April 2006 08:54 AM
corgi37 I would have preferred Start me up pt 2 or a refrain of BS to Nightime, but hey, i aint complaining.

Man, it goes so quick. All that waiting and waiting and "are they gonna come" and "how the fuck do we get tickets" and then its a over a week later and its all over.

I think i might start following U2.
21st April 2006 09:35 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I would have preferred Start me up pt 2 or a refrain of BS to Nightime, but hey, i aint complaining.

Man, it goes so quick. All that waiting and waiting and "are they gonna come" and "how the fuck do we get tickets" and then its a over a week later and its all over.

I think i might start following U2.

I sensed this happening as they willplay more shows.............<>
22nd April 2006 08:44 AM
corgi37 God knows whats in store for Europe. Probably 18 songs and a Julio tribute.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)