ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sydney Telstra Stadium - 11th april 2006 - Set List, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12th April 2006 09:07 PM
StickyFishFingers I went to the show. I flew back to Perth from Syd last night. I've just had a read thru the posts. Those who weren't there are way off the mark. Corgi was spot on - the show was F@#king awesome. The sound was amazing. The crowd barring one or 2 fools were up on their feet dancing throughout the entire show. As for it being a boring setlist - the setlist was fine - 60,000 people came to see a greatest hits show and that's what the Stones delivered with.I didn't see or hear anyone complaining. Was a bonus to hear Get off of my cloud. Highlights for me were Rough Justice, The night time is the right time (Lisa Fisher was brilliant), Miss You, Satisfaction, LSTNT & You got me rocking which i can normally take or leave. The Stones all performed fantastic even Ron who people on this site like to bag the shit out of at times. The only bummer was not having Bobby there for Brown Sugar - the other guy (Michael Davis??) did a good job but not on par with BK. As Corgi said - not too much piano. Chuck's input was just right. What a night, wish i could relive it all over again. Can't wait for a bootleg to surface.
12th April 2006 09:24 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
StickyFishFingers wrote:
I went to the show. I flew back to Perth from Syd last night. I've just had a read thru the posts. Those who weren't there are way off the mark. Corgi was spot on - the show was F@#king awesome. The sound was amazing. The crowd barring one or 2 fools were up on their feet dancing throughout the entire show. As for it being a boring setlist - the setlist was fine - 60,000 people came to see a greatest hits show and that's what the Stones delivered with.I didn't see or hear anyone complaining. Was a bonus to hear Get off of my cloud. Highlights for me were Rough Justice, The night time is the right time (Lisa Fisher was brilliant), Miss You, Satisfaction, LSTNT & You got me rocking which i can normally take or leave. The Stones all performed fantastic even Ron who people on this site like to bag the shit out of at times. The only bummer was not having Bobby there for Brown Sugar - the other guy (Michael Davis??) did a good job but not on par with BK. As Corgi said - not too much piano. Chuck's input was just right. What a night, wish i could relive it all over again. Can't wait for a bootleg to surface.

Clearly JB's cynical outlook regarding the most recent show has been completely humiliated!
12th April 2006 09:44 PM
Nashr8521 I can't get over how the people who weren't at the show HATED it. But nothing but positive reports from those of us who were there. Noone has actually reported hearing these sound problems...I certainley didn't notice anything. I say everyone stop looking for reasons to dislike the show and take the positive word of everyone who was there.
13th April 2006 12:19 AM
corgi37 Of course the set list could have been better. Sway or Gimme Shelter would have been unreal. But, what they did do they did great. They were all really into it. Jagger was very enthusiastic. Keef was inspired. Seeing his daughter might have added some extra movement to his dodgy fingers. Angie was really good. And, i hate that song live. But it was sung perfectly and Ronnie doing a solo on the strat made it better than a all acoustic number. Dead Flowers was fantastic, and very well received. YGMR, a dud as we all know, was the best i've seen. 3rd times as charm i guess. Keef's guitar sound all night was not simply just a loud twangy thin sound, but actually crunchy, loud and when needed, very cool distortion. Townshend would be proud.

Sound was the best i have ever heard in a live show, and simply down right amazing for a out door gig. Mind you, we were so close, there were no delay issues.

No one sat where i was. In fact, and i made a point of looking back a few times during the night, the whole floor was up and boogying.

I aint going tonight. Daeth is. I'm off to the footy.

I will post some short clips on youtube soon. Not whole songs, but ya'll get the drift.
13th April 2006 12:33 AM
gypsy More Sydney photos:

13th April 2006 12:35 AM
gypsy more...

13th April 2006 01:23 AM
corgi37 Man they are great shots. Those dudes were right in front of us. I'm trying to put up some litte vids, but it aint working yet. Nothing flash, and no whole songs, but its all i have.
13th April 2006 02:50 AM
belgarath68 Videos? Awesome! Thank you so much. Even if they aren't complete, a video is a video. It was such a great show, despite the not so great crowd I was surrounded by. My sister is actually going to the Melbourne one tonight as well (She could only buy 1 ticket, sadly.) It should be good to compare them. I just hope it isn't better than this one, cause then I'll be pissed off
13th April 2006 07:35 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Fucking sure Matt Clifford popped up on piano too. I pointed him out to Daeth.

I thought that too--just Tim Reis...no worries mate

13th April 2006 08:37 AM
Jumacfly Daeth, Corgi: great reviews, glad you had a good time mates!!
I can tsee the pics at work but will look them at home!
cheers
jU
13th April 2006 08:37 AM
Nellcote These photos are fantastic.
WTF about those little berries Keith has around his arm?
13th April 2006 09:24 AM
GotToRollMe Thanks Corgi for the great review and the photos, and thanks as always Gypsy for the AMAZING shots!
14th April 2006 06:55 AM
corgi37 Here's links to some vids. Nothing special. JJF is from wife's phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLO4vtPr2aE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es4BkIGr-MA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ1a4o2eN0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpeerIc7Pzk
14th April 2006 06:57 AM
belgarath68 Awesome! Thank you so much.
14th April 2006 07:37 AM
RSRTG Just gothome from Melbourne tonite.... a great experience and every time I see them, it seems to get better.....shove ya negativity up ya arse's!...We were there, you werent, end of story.
14th April 2006 10:46 PM
Daethgod fark corgi those vids are wild

u gotta send me some when u get a chance
my pics are due to be picked up today
btw Melb security was very ANAL re cameras, there was fark all in the arena

dudes were frisked and asked to empty pockets and asked 3 times if they had cameras.
I just made out i couldnt speak English and kept walking..

[Edited by Daethgod]
15th April 2006 08:50 AM
belgarath68 Yeah, JJF is great. If I can be bothered I'll try and place the FLAC sound from the show up on dime over the top (Yes, I know how to download YouTube videos.) If you have any more videos, please post them and I can try and do the same thing. Of course, I'll wait for your permission before posting it up or anything.
Edit: Looks like I can be bothered. I got it working, but by keeping it in .wav, the file is about 120 MB. I can do it in .mp3 easily, but I'm not sure the people in Dime would like me if I did that to their lossless. Then again, it *is* camera phone footage...*sigh* Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
Edit Edit: I forgot the footage went on to Let's Spend The Night Together, but the 'new and improved' video just stops at the point the sound does anyway, so there was no problems.
[Edited by belgarath68]
[Edited by belgarath68]
15th April 2006 09:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nashr8521 wrote:
I can't get over how the people who weren't at the show HATED it.

"people" ? about 15 tiresome,predictable and attention-seeking posts by the same person who says this about every show he wasnt at and on every tour isnt any sane person's definition of 'people'
16th April 2006 07:43 AM
corgi37 There sure are some weird "fans" here, Gazza.

Ok, this is it. The last lot of phone vids.

Most of brown sugar in 2 parts. A snippet of Sympathy. A bit of Miss you as the b stage goes out and a bit of HTW as it comes back.

And that is that. I am so depressed. Not only about not going to my home state show, but the fact that its pretty much over. Felt the same in 95 & 03. I cant believe it went so quick. Best thing about it was having a nice time in Sydney and meeting (finally) the wonderful Daethgod, his wonderful gal and his awesome mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_BjKLQFIjI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzH96sA1Cc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7e5iETTP7c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvUzRhKkyaI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2D22pk_PZQ
16th April 2006 08:01 AM
belgarath68 Hopefully I'm not one of the weird ones
Thanks for all these vids! I really, really appreciate it. I hope that a pro-shot vid gets released either through torrent or DVD, but I doubt it. Still...it would be very cool. I know what you mean about it being over, though this was my first Stones show. I can only pray they come back one more time.
Edit: I've got the vid of Jumping Jack Flash with better audio uploaded, but for some really weird reason when I merged the 3 meg .mp3 with the 10 meg video...it turned out 45 meg. Worth it? I doubt it. But it's there if anyone wants it.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6Q19II63
[Edited by belgarath68]
17th April 2006 08:53 PM
exile Hi all
yep back again.

Just wanted to tell you all how awesome the show was.
From start to finish it was absolutely spellbinding.

My seats were fantastic in A6 row V, close enough to be up close and personal with the stones and yet far away to enjoy the whole show experience.

My friends who are not hardcore fans were all speechless at how good the stones played and how good the show was.

anyway Im off take it easy

18th April 2006 03:32 PM
jb
quote:
exile wrote:
Hi all
yep back again.

Just wanted to tell you all how awesome the show was.
From start to finish it was absolutely spellbinding.

My seats were fantastic in A6 row V, close enough to be up close and personal with the stones and yet far away to enjoy the whole show experience.

My friends who are not hardcore fans were all speechless at how good the stones played and how good the show was.

anyway Im off take it easy

Attendance????
18th April 2006 10:39 PM
corgi37 5,000 people and 55,000 cardboard cut-outs.
19th April 2006 09:14 AM
corgi37 Belgarath - Thanks for fiddling with JJF. I tried to d/l it, and it seemed to work, but i cant find the fucka! I'll try again later on.

Thanks again.
19th April 2006 05:33 PM
belgarath68 Do you mean you are having problems with Megaupload? When you go to download it, you should get a thing that tells you how long you need to wait for the download (normally 30-40 seconds) Once it hits 10 seconds - for reasons unknown - an ad appears over the download link. Just click the red X of the ad and you should be able to click the "Click to Download" button.

And I might try it on Brown Sugar, but it is hard to clip the files to be in sync with the vid.
20th April 2006 08:06 PM
corgi37 I'll try it again. I've used megaupload before and know what to do, so maybe it was just my connection playing up.
21st April 2006 02:14 AM
belgarath68 Alright, but if you have any problems tell me and I'll just reupload it to a different site like yousendit.
22nd April 2006 09:31 AM
corgi37 Nup, aint working. It downloads fine. Doesnt take long at all. I save it to a directory - and it just aint there.
22nd April 2006 06:14 PM
belgarath68 Hmm...that is weird. I'll upload it onto yousendit and see if it works.
Edit: Here it is -
http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=820C13C44C08D592

If that doesn't work, then I'm stumped.
[Edited by belgarath68]
23rd April 2006 05:53 AM
Nashr8521
quote:
belgarath68 wrote:
Hmm...that is weird. I'll upload it onto yousendit and see if it works.
Edit: Here it is -
http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=820C13C44C08D592

If that doesn't work, then I'm stumped.
[Edited by belgarath68]

It worked for me. It sounds remarkable too. Is that the music from the torrent on dime that has been used or was it the actual phone recording? I'm looking to get my hands on the best recording and if anyone has found a great one plz let me know.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)