ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sydney Telstra Stadium - 11th april 2006 - Set List, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12th April 2006 10:10 AM
jb
quote:
Nashr8521 wrote:
So I tend to agree with those of us who were actually at the show. I thought musically they were right on point and looked a lot better then when I saw them in Chicago in September. The setlist was fairly standard but I finally got to see Paint it Black live which is something I hadn't seen before. The show was unbeliveable with the exception of the crowd (at least around me.) I was on the floor and it looked to me that the people around me were doing some unbeliveable impersonations of statues. Literally not moving, not clapping, not shouting just kind of standing there with the occasional head bob. Whatever, I had a great time and it was a helluva show.

Hope those of you going to Melbourne get to see half as good a show as they put on in Sydney because I thought it was just that good.

As the article pointed out, the crowd, was very sedate. I am sorry you had to sit through this...
12th April 2006 10:26 AM
Soldatti Impressive pics.
12th April 2006 10:28 AM
jb U2 would have had every seat filled..plus the sound was horrible per media report..Many of the 50k plus left unhappy...a bad day for the Stones and their fans..Hopefully Laver will make up for this.
12th April 2006 10:32 AM
corgi37 As opposed to the Texas crowd which fried 4 felons in conjunction, or the Arkansas crowd which hung 4 civil rights protesters during Sympathy - Yes, Sydney was very sedate.

Ok, joke.

Well, in the jewellry rattling seats, we was rocking!

Here's some crappy phone pix.

[Edited by corgi37]
12th April 2006 10:34 AM
corgi37 Show me the report of the bad sound. Post it!
12th April 2006 10:45 AM
PartyDoll MEG Corgi- Thanks for the great review. Brings back feelings experienced a few months back. Glad you got to experience the guys up close. Don't let the negative commentary get ya down. They just don't have anything exciting to talk about right now.
12th April 2006 10:50 AM
jb

New Post Re: News and reviews Stones sound off
April 12, 2006 - 4:20PM
Sydney Morning Hearald.

Bang on target as Stones, Sydney spend the night together
Gallery: Stones rock Sydney
Advertisement
AdvertisementThe Rolling Stones' tour promoters have admitted to a sound problem at the ageing rockers' Sydney show last night.

But they say people seated in the problem area at the outdoor Telstra Stadium gig were moved quickly to better seats.

"It was discovered that there was a problem with the sound in a small area and about 100 people were relocated to better seats," a tour spokeswoman said.

"It happens at big stadium shows all the time."

Sydney talkback radio stations today were inundated by calls from concertgoers upset at the poor sound quality.

Some said they considered leaving the concert early because they couldn't hear anything.

Fifty-eight thousand Stones fans packed the stadium to hear the musicians belt out tunes such as Jumpin' Jack Flash, Angie and Satisfaction.

The group will head to Melbourne to play a smaller gig, to 13,000 people, at the Rod Laver Arena tomorrow night as part of their Bigger Bang World Tour.

They will then play two dates in New Zealand before having a month's break ahead of their European tour.

The Stones last toured Australia in 2003 as part of their Forty Licks World Tour, playing concerts in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
=========================================================

Never question Mr. L............the above was courtesy of Shidoobee.
[Edited by jb]
12th April 2006 10:53 AM
jb
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Corgi- Thanks for the great review. Brings back feelings experienced a few months back. Glad you got to experience the guys up close. Don't let the negative commentary get ya down. They just don't have anything exciting to talk about right now.

.......I have plenty to do, and make more money in one day than most do in a week, maybe a month...I am talented enough to post and settle cases at the same time.......Please never say hello to me again as I will be present at many shows on the mini-tour...

cc:VP
[Edited by jb]
12th April 2006 10:58 AM
gimmekeef Corgi says it was great..Thats good enough for me.At least he was actually there!..Was it taped by chance????
12th April 2006 11:01 AM
corgi37 Excuse me, my learned colleague. 100 disgruntled folk out of 60,000 doth not make a valid "poor sound" excuse to me.

Location?
Age?

People leaving early? Could have fooled me, though it can happen. I personally saw a couple leave very good seats during "SPARKS" at the Who show in 04! I will allow this argument.

Talk back radio inundated? Well, yes, of course they would. Disgruntled shop keepers and self funded retirees who havent been to a concert in 20 years. Fuck that shit.

I was there! I was bloody there! I dont see them posting? I bet they dont have a computer. Case dismissed.

Some wifey phone pix. The 1st is the legendary Daethgod and his fair maiden. They are the chosen!

2nd pic - NOTE NO BOBBY!

12th April 2006 11:05 AM
Nashr8521 I didn't notice any of the bad sound people are complaining about. Unless you were there and experienced the "bad sound" yourself I don't think its a fair argument to try to put down the show. I didn't "sit" through any of the show and just because my little section wasn't fired up didn't keep me from really enjoying the show.

Hopefully we can get a decent recording and see if the sound was noticably bad from somewhere else in the stadium
12th April 2006 11:06 AM
corgi37 I cant believe the clarity of the fireworks pix. From a phone camera! Wifey is ok. Not "THE" wifey, my wifey.
12th April 2006 11:09 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I cant believe the clarity of the fireworks pix. From a phone camera! Wifey is ok. Not "THE" wifey, my wifey.

Corgi, you arre a friend, and yes, I am posting somewhat tonge and cheek, but we must concede the show was wide open, the set-list was disappointing(be honest) and the sound, as per article poor............I wish you nothing but the best...and bleieve me, we have all been "omaha'ed" at time....Better luck in Melbourne.
12th April 2006 11:10 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Corgi says it was great..Thats good enough for me.At least he was actually there!..Was it taped by chance????

You reject the article above?
12th April 2006 11:15 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:

You reject the article above?

jb..Corgi and others who were there say it was great.A few people said sound was bad and that happens at every show regardless.If you were at a show and said it was great or sucked..I'd take your word for it as a fan.Simply stated I believe its best to allow reviews by those that actually attended.
12th April 2006 11:17 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

jb..Corgi and others who were there say it was great.A few people said sound was bad and that happens at every show regardless.If you were at a show and said it was great or sucked..I'd take your word for it as a fan.Simply stated I believe its best to allow reviews by those that actually attended.

Clearly, it was not sold out, the set-list poor, and the sound questionable. Will you admit that I(and Pug) called this one exactly as it occurred?
12th April 2006 11:19 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:

Clearly, it was not sold out, the set-list poor, and the sound questionable. Will you admit that I(and Pug) called this one exactly as it occurred?

Will you quit whining if I do?
12th April 2006 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Will you quit whining if I do?

I never whine, I simply report, and you decide(see Bill O'Reiley)
12th April 2006 11:28 AM
gimmekeef If you're a reporter jb..then you must be the new Geraldo Rivera!...anyway..I'm stickin with corgi on this one.Next time you attend a show or your clingon pug...I'll go with your version of the events...
12th April 2006 11:29 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
If you're a reporter jb..then you must be the new Geraldo Rivera!...anyway..I'm stickin with corgi on this one.Next time you attend a show or your clingon pug...I'll go with your version of the events...

Out of the 17 shows I saw, most were excellent..however, every now and then, you get a less than stellar performance. Sadly, this seems to be the case here.
12th April 2006 12:14 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

Out of the 17 shows I saw, most were excellent..however, every now and then, you get a less than stellar performance. Sadly, this seems to be the case here.

Chris Schuster is so not happy with you right now...
12th April 2006 02:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Bald-headed Darryl LOL

12th April 2006 02:26 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Bald-headed Darryl LOL

Funny Vodoo!!!! We have missed your pictures!!!!!!!!!
12th April 2006 02:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This by Gaye Gerard not Gaye Gerardo as I wrote when this was the header.

12th April 2006 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
This by Gaye Gerard not Gaye Gerardo as I wrote when this was the header.

Interesting.
12th April 2006 04:33 PM
gypsy Corgi, I love your pics. Thanks for posting them! It's my opinion that fan pics are far better than professional photographer pics.
I'm glad you had a great time - thanks for the review!
12th April 2006 04:56 PM
PeerQueer CONFIRMED:

KEITH TO PLAY PART IN PIRATES SEQUAL!

STAY TUNED....
12th April 2006 05:06 PM
MarshallG
Were there metal detectors ?

Thanks

MG
12th April 2006 05:44 PM
belgarath68 Yes there were metal detectors.
And yeah, the crowd wasn't that great in my area, but I was singing along the whole time and when the crowd actually started to get into it (Start Me Up), it went wild. As a first Stones concert, I thought it was pretty good.
And I was wondering...did anyone get a recording of any of the songs? That would be amazing.
12th April 2006 06:54 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Joshy, which were less than stellar?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)