ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sydney Telstra Stadium - 11th april 2006 - Set List, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
11th April 2006 04:13 PM
glencar Omaha, Australia?
11th April 2006 04:16 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Omaha, Australia?

Beyond Omaha!!!! NO rambler or GS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dead Flowers in no way makes uop for this dreadful performancwe....we could not even paper the house......pitiful(see New Zealand, Holland,Germany , etc).
11th April 2006 04:35 PM
glencar Joshy, you have been proved correct yet again, my amigo!
11th April 2006 04:59 PM
MarshallG Some commentary from people who were actually there please !

[Edited by MarshallG]
11th April 2006 05:39 PM
Tom
quote:
MarshallG wrote:
Some commentary from people who were actually there please !

Yes, please
11th April 2006 09:56 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Great to see 21 songs in the set again and also its always a treat to get songs like Dead Flowers. They didn't get Shanghai'd!!

I coined that my friends!!!
11th April 2006 10:01 PM
Paranoid_Android Without commentary from the actual audience (time change?), who really can say if it were q great show or a typical sub-standard one...
11th April 2006 10:08 PM
stonedinaustralia well i wasn't there

the media is hyping it up as great - i heard there were some probs. with sound system (PA fell out for a time) and coupled with it being out doors seems the sound suffered at times for certain parts of the audience

look forward to corgi and daeth's review - it's approx noon here (wednesday) so they are either, still asleep, on the way back to melbourne or don't have PC handy - i suspect we will here from them later tonight or tomorrow (aus. time).exile was there too but apparently he left the board
11th April 2006 10:24 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nashr8521 wrote:
Great Show! Period

nash was there i believe
11th April 2006 11:37 PM
Soldatti You ausies got a great show, waiting for some reviews now!
12th April 2006 12:12 AM
brettbrett I was there last night and it was fuckin awesome! Couldn't fault a thing! Set list was great and had the crowd going off to every song. I would of liked Gimme Shelter but.
Best gig I've been too.
I didn;t have a problem with the sound at all where I was sitting but I heard on the radio there were some problems.
The stage was amazing the way it just moved to the centre.
If Melbourne is half as good they'll have a great show!
12th April 2006 12:31 AM
MidnightRambler Keith using a new white Gibson?

What song?

I love that he's bringing out some more guitars from his collection...not just the black Gibson and the Fenders.
12th April 2006 12:31 AM
PeerQueer Despite the negative shtick by some of our more prolific posters in here - all accounts point to yet another solid performance by the Stones.

...I hear Mick was in particularly fine form. (though when isn't he?)

Congrats to Australia!
12th April 2006 12:36 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

...I hear Mick was in particularly fine form.

so they say...perhaps out to impress all his relatives in the audience
12th April 2006 01:56 AM
gypsy The Rolling Stones in Sydney, Australia - April 11, 2006:

12th April 2006 02:04 AM
gypsy The Rolling Stones play Sydney, Australia - April 11, 2006:

12th April 2006 03:04 AM
gypsy The Rolling Stones in Sydney, Australia - April 11, 2006:

12th April 2006 03:12 AM
PeerQueer amazing pics!

thank you!
12th April 2006 03:13 AM
Daethgod will do a review later ..
just got in door..

They Came, We Saw, They Frickin Conquered...

the BEST show I have ever seen...
Ron and Keith Absolutely on fire

me and Corgi took some great pics, will post em soon..
now off to Melbourne..

12th April 2006 03:18 AM
MikeyC613 It seems like JB's a pretty negative dude. Most of the posts I've seen by him have either been anxious updates of poor ticket sales or weak setlists. I'm sure they played well. Rambler doesn't need to get played every night on tour, that's what makes it the Rambler. It's a treat.

They played a non-legendary setlist 44 years into their carrer.

It's no hanging matter.
12th April 2006 03:54 AM
Ramrod Unfortunatley for me, for personal reasons I had to pull out and was unable to make the Sydney show. But from all reports the band played very, very well, attendances were good - estimates at this stage are about 55,000 to 60,00 - which is about right for Telstra Stadium, and the crowds were reported to be very happy. The local media has been very positive towards the band and the show, to the point of being downright warm and fuzzy.

Reports of the crowds being 'sedate' possibly mean that noone was trashing the seating and the cops didn't need to use firehoses to keep the mobs under control. The footage I've seen reveals smiling faces, clapping hands and a very happy crowd. The TV sound I've heard of the show is good - the guitars actually playing their parts and everything gutsy and solid, with good Stones energy.

The setlist was fairly standard admittedly, but they tend to keep it safe at the stadium shows and mix it up more at the smaller venues such as the Enmore.

Folks my gut feeling is this - they will be back!!!!!
12th April 2006 04:11 AM
gypsy The Rolling Stones play Sydney, Australia on April 11, 2006:

12th April 2006 04:58 AM
gypsy The Rolling Stones' Concert in Sydney, Australia on April 11, 2006:

12th April 2006 05:34 AM
Gazza
quote:
gypsy wrote:
The Rolling Stones in Sydney, Australia - April 11, 2006:

the rest of the photos on here are indeed excellent, but THIS is the best photo I've seen so far this year. Brilliant shot.
12th April 2006 06:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Gypsy! First of all thank for all the pix, you sent. I uploaded 27 of them and now I'm realizing you already uploaded some of them.

Since I'm leaving to the airport for vacations in Monterrey probably some will be posted twice.

==> R 4 H <===

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
12th April 2006 07:07 AM
PartyDoll MEG Great Photo's!! Thanks Gypsy and Voodoo for the great work! And yes, Gazza that is a wonderful picture of Mick!!

Looking forward to the reviews, guys. Wake Up!!
12th April 2006 07:28 AM
corgi37 Ok, i havent read the this thread. But, let me tell you...

WHAT A FUCKING SHOW!!!

I am not a rose-colored glasses kinda guy.

But this we were NOT Omaha'd!

Reasons?
1. 21 songs
2. The band loved being in Oz (after U.S./Jap/China they'd probably love being on the moon.
3. Even shit i didnt want to hear, like Angie, was fucking amazing. I've heard the song so much i hate all versions bar the GHS one, but last night, wow!

Hassles?

Ok, the stage was crap. Really, 2nd rate. And, very small. Obviously, its modular, to fit the measurements of the stadiums. But, boy, this was no Rio stage.

No confetti at the end! WTF?????

No Bobbie Keys!!!

Guys, photos to come. Major dilemma with camera. Batteries fucked up on me. Couldnt risk taking really good 7mp camera with me (its metal and the had detectors) so pix look a bit distant. Let me say, Daeth and me and our girls and his awesome mate MATT were 4 rows from front. In front of us, and next to us, was Stones family!!!!

And, i would like to announce, i have a genuine Mick Jagger sucked water bottle!!! Yep, i got it. Had to elbow some old moll out of the way (3 ribs broken but she'll live) but i got that sucka!!!
12th April 2006 08:04 AM
Ramrod Media update on the Sydney show....24 hours later The Stones are still getting plenty of great news coverage!!! They looked and sounded like they really were into it and the crowds were getting off. Lots of positive press and they are being given the 'Star' treatment, shades of Stonesmania creeping in around Oz. The Melbourne show will be interesting to contrast with Sydney's...
12th April 2006 08:26 AM
Nashr8521 So I tend to agree with those of us who were actually at the show. I thought musically they were right on point and looked a lot better then when I saw them in Chicago in September. The setlist was fairly standard but I finally got to see Paint it Black live which is something I hadn't seen before. The show was unbeliveable with the exception of the crowd (at least around me.) I was on the floor and it looked to me that the people around me were doing some unbeliveable impersonations of statues. Literally not moving, not clapping, not shouting just kind of standing there with the occasional head bob. Whatever, I had a great time and it was a helluva show.

Hope those of you going to Melbourne get to see half as good a show as they put on in Sydney because I thought it was just that good.
12th April 2006 10:06 AM
corgi37 Fucking hell, the negative shit, from people who werent even at the show, or in our beloved country, fuck, who werent even in our hemisphere, just astounds me. Yeah, at their one and only stadium gig in Oz they are gonna do 25 minute blues jams and obscure B sides. You know JB, Glencar - the joke is a bit old now, ok? Your shit wasnt funny or interesting after the 3rd post, but now its downright annoying. Dull was 2 months ago! Oh, yeah, the crowd was brilliant. Right into it. No one sat down! Daeth and me were there. Standard set, sure. But played with passion and style. These old geezers were living it. Major hassle i had was NIGHT TIME. But, who cares?

Sound was fucking A-1. No wimpy guitars - distortion all the way. Crystal clear too. Ronnie was inspired. Brilliant all night, but YCAGWYW was stunning. He used feedback so perfectly. Once, flicking between pick up switches, next, just lettting it sustain and feedback.

Keith? Well, shit, what can i say? The guy was living a dream. He was on fucking fire. he was so into it. He sat on the steps no more than 15 feet from us, guitar face up, chatting to the crowd. During the start of "SATISFACTION", he "zoomed" his guitar about 5 times...

...then fucked up the riff! hahahaha. It was hilarious. I mean, how can you fuck that up? The guy just laughed, and didnt miss a beat. Then sent sparks down that fucking neck during his solo.

Darryl sang backing vocals on LSTNT.
No Bobbie Keys!
Unreal to hear JJF without horns!
Fucking sure Matt Clifford popped up on piano too. I pointed him out to Daeth.
Happy was just astounding. Ronnie was really in full flight, and Keith, fuck, fuck, fuck, he just played that cunt like his life depended on it.
Angie, dull as dishwater, was awesome. Ronnie did a solo on the Fender, that moved that song up a notch.
PIB - Stunning!!!
Sympathy - Life ends! Just superb.
Daeth's mate MATT pointed out something very interesting towards the end of the show. Pointing to the far back row, not the sides, the very back, we could see the silhoueted images of the crowd. The fuckers were standing and dancing! The back row! Thats when you know "we got 'em"!

All night, perfect mix. Dirty guitars very loud. Fuck all piano.

Jagger - oh, whats the point? He was just, well, Jagger. Covered the stage like no one ever could hope to. He prowled, pranced, danced, strutted, taunted - he was at home and we all knew it.

NO ONE SAT DOWN!!! NO ONE! They were on for 2 hours, fuck this 1hr 50min crap. Started at 8.55, finished just after 11pm. Indeed, after B stage, there was a bit of a SNAFU. Nothing serious.

Keef's black 335 has a growl of its own. He kissed his blonde TELE after YGMR (Which, i might add, was unreal. No twangy open D, but DIRTY, DISTORTED open D - capo of course - but you know what i mean). The white Gibson was a thing of beauty. What an axe!

I could go on, but here's some pix. Sorry the quality aint too good.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)