ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sydney Telstra Stadium - 11th april 2006 - Set List, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
11th April 2006 08:48 AM
Jeep Setlist from RS.com :

JJ Flash
Let's Spend The Night Together
You Got Me Rocking
Oh No Not You Again
Dead Flowers
Angie
It's Only Rock And Roll
Tumblin' Dice
Night Time Is The Right Time
----------------
The Place Is Empty
Happy

Miss You
Rough Justice
Get Off My Cloud
Honky Tonk Woman

Paint It Black
Sympathy
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction

Pictures from Yahoo.com :

[Edited by Jeep]
11th April 2006 09:08 AM
mac_daddy great camo jacket, keef!

any idea on the setlist..?

thanks for the pics.
11th April 2006 09:36 AM
Jeep

11th April 2006 10:00 AM
Jeep Setlist from RS.com :

JJ Flash
Let's Spend The Night Together
You Got Me Rocking
Oh No Not You Again
Dead Flowers
Angie
It's Only Rock And Roll
Tumblin' Dice
Night Time Is The Right Time
----------------
The Place Is Empty
Happy

Miss You
Rough Justice
Get Off My Cloud
Honky Tonk Woman

Paint It Black
Sympathy
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction
11th April 2006 10:01 AM
speedfreakjive good to see Dead Flowers back,
11th April 2006 10:03 AM
Gazza even better to see 21 songs back!
11th April 2006 10:18 AM
gimmekeef Nice top end setlist for sure...Just switch out Sympathy on the back end and drop in Rambler...That'd work for me!...Back to 21 is indeed encouraging too!
11th April 2006 10:40 AM
six mayers Oh, great set list!!

Like the fellas said, It's good to see Dead Flowers back...

cheers
[Edited by six mayers]
11th April 2006 11:09 AM
Madafaka Dead Flowers!
11th April 2006 11:45 AM
Break The Spell Great to see 21 songs in the set again and also its always a treat to get songs like Dead Flowers. They didn't get Shanghai'd!!
11th April 2006 11:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man Just to echo everyone else’s opinion, yeah it's great to get 21 songs again, but according to IORR, the show was only 1hour 50 minutes. If they'd played for an extra ten, we could’ve had a 22-song setlist. That’d of been even better!
11th April 2006 11:53 AM
Gazza Due to technical problems starting Sympathy, they played Paint It Black before it instead

The stage used seems to have been the South American model rather than the North American one.
11th April 2006 11:59 AM
jb Very bad set list, but not unexpected due to sales..NO Gimme Shelter b/c of boring "Night Time"and no MR!!!! -unbelievably weak!!!!. I feel bad for our Aussie frieds..The only "gem" is "Dead Flowers" which has been played on many previous shows......sorry guys..........
[Edited by jb]
11th April 2006 12:02 PM
time is on my side Actually, outside of DEAD FLOWERS, this seems like a pretty standard setlist.

For most shows during the 2nd leg, they play 21 songs & then play only 20 if they include RAMBLER in the setlist (see Japan shows). So I'm not exactly sure where the comments "nice to see them back to 21 songs" are coming from.

DEAD FLOWERS is a nice touch and hopefully it will be played more often.

11th April 2006 01:06 PM
gimmekeef 3-4 more Exile tunes are needed to punch things up for Europe and the US Fall!
*ADTL
*RO
*SV
*LC
11th April 2006 01:14 PM
Nashr8521 Great Show! Period
11th April 2006 01:19 PM
jb What a disappointing stadium show..they could have thrown in MR or Heartbreaker at a minimum!!! I am si upset for SIAQ and 37!!!!!!!!
11th April 2006 01:30 PM
jb Rolling Stones deliver with a bang as big as ever
Iain Shedden, Music writer
The Australian
12apr06

YOU can't help but wonder if Mick Jagger did a deal with the devil at some point in his career.

Spitting out Jumpin Jack Flash as the Rolling Stones opened their show at Sydney's Telstra Stadium last night, the 62-year-old singer had as much spring in his step as when he first sang it almost 40 years ago.
Under a clear Sydney sky, the Stones made an explosive entry to the stage amid fireworks and pyrotechnics.

In front of almost 60,000 fans, the band trawled their back catalogue, including crowd favourites such as Angie, Dead Flowers and Lets Spend the Night Together - the latter banned from their most recent performance, in Shanghai.

Sydney's morals may be less protected, but there was no sense of anarchy from the largely sedate audience in the early part of the show.

However, Jagger and his colleagues raised the temperature and the mood when they kicked into another landmark song, It's Only Rock and Roll, with the frontman prowling a couple of hundred metres between one side of the stage and the other.

Meanwhile, guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood traded guitar licks and poses like they were going out of fashion.

This was the only Sydney performance in the Stones' short visit to Australia as part of their A Bigger Bang world tour.

A number of A- and B-list celebrities turned out for the performance including sisters Jessica and Ashlee Simpson, both of whom are in Sydney for tonight's MTV music awards.

Also seen in the crowd were Eddie McGuire and members of rock band INXS, while Stones family members crouched in front of the stage to take in the show.

The massive A Bigger Bang production included a second B stage and a giant catwalk that allowed Jagger to do some of his customary prancing, to the delight of the crowd.

It was a slightly different mix of material from when the band was last in Australia three years ago on their 40 Licks world tour, which was performed in arenas rather than stadiums.

Also in the set were hits from the 1970s and 80s including Tumbling Dice, from what is considered one of their best albums, Exile on Main Street, and Miss You, with Jagger performing its tricky falsetto with ease.

The show moves to the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne tomorrow.

From "The Australian"
-----------------------------------------------------

The above was courtesy of Shidoobee-how fucking humiliating is that..a "sedate audience" with Jessica and Ashless Simpson!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking pathetic!!!!

11th April 2006 01:32 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Actually, outside of DEAD FLOWERS, this seems like a pretty standard setlist.

For most shows during the 2nd leg, they play 21 songs & then play only 20 if they include RAMBLER in the setlist (see Japan shows). So I'm not exactly sure where the comments "nice to see them back to 21 songs" are coming from.

DEAD FLOWERS is a nice touch and hopefully it will be played more often.

good point.
11th April 2006 01:36 PM
Jeep

11th April 2006 01:36 PM
jb Stunningly dreadful!!!
11th April 2006 01:40 PM
gustavobala what´s was write in ronnie´s t-shirt?
11th April 2006 01:44 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
The only "gem" is "Dead Flowers" which has been played on many previous shows......sorry guys..........
[Edited by jb]

Dead Flowers has previously been played seven (7) times this tour, including the Phoenix Theatre gig......sorry Josh...
11th April 2006 01:52 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

Dead Flowers has previously been played seven (7) times this tour, including the Phoenix Theatre gig......sorry Josh...

Why sorry..like I said not a real gem as it has been played many times this tour and past tours!!! Why Swedish Erik, why!!!
11th April 2006 01:53 PM
luxury1 Ronnie's shirt says "deer me""
[Edited by luxury1]
11th April 2006 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Ronnie's shirt says "deer me""
[Edited by luxury1]

The wardrobe that Mick and Keith have had since 97 has been nothinbg less than a cheap Vegas cabaret act..what the fuck happened to the coolest guys in rock and roll??? And by the way, my baby Ariel is in big trouble

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/11/D8GTT9P00.html!!!
[Edited by jb]
11th April 2006 02:22 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
jb wrote:

The wardrobe that Mick and Keith have had since 97 has been nothinbg less than a cheap Vegas cabaret act..what the fuck happened to the coolest guys in rock and roll???

I think Ronnie dresses pretty well a lot of time and is often pictured in cool t-shirts. Keith is Keith. In my opinion, it's Mick who needs some serious redirecting in the wardrobe department. Dear oh dear. He does looks dodgy at times!
11th April 2006 02:38 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Actually, outside of DEAD FLOWERS, this seems like a pretty standard setlist.

even worse - it had no 'hard rockers' in the set like Sway, Shelter, Rambler, ADTL, Bitch, Respectable.

Dead Flowers was a nice touch. They should include AT LEAST one of their country classics in every set.
11th April 2006 02:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Ronnie's shirt says "deer me""

as in: Ronnie constantly being in a lost "deer in the headlights" state of confusion.
11th April 2006 02:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

even worse - it had no 'hard rockers' in the set like Sway, Shelter, Rambler, ADTL, Bitch, Respectable.

Dead Flowers was a nice touch. They should include AT LEAST one of their country classics in every set.

for once i agree with you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)