ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1981 David McCough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whatever happened to.... Return to archive
April 21st, 2004 11:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ...Dave Mason?
...Ginger Baker?
...Long John Baldry?
...Kim Simmonds?
...Georgia Satellites?
April 21st, 2004 11:24 PM
M.O.W.A.T. A friend of mine saw Long John Baldry play a small pub in Georgetown (NW of Toronto) a couple of years ago -- from what he tells me it was a great show for such a small place.

I saw the Georgia Satellites about 12 yrs ago. Sadly they have disbanded.
April 21st, 2004 11:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
...Dave Mason?
...Ginger Baker?
...Long John Baldry?
...Kim Simmonds?
...Georgia Satellites?

Kim Simmonds still alive and rocking I really enjoy his last STUDIO album with Savoy Brown "Strange Dreams", he also has two live albums after this one.

BTW, I finally completed my Savoy Brown LP/CD collection with this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&mfcisapicommand=ViewItem&item=4006843106&rd=1

ABout Ginger Baker, the last album I liked from him is Air Force 1, I heard some others but didn't like them. I just checked that he was been active even with a studio album in 2001

I like Dave Manson with Traffic and with Jimi Hendrix but not his solo work
April 21st, 2004 11:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
AI saw the Georgia Satellites about 12 yrs ago. Sadly they have disbanded.

Yeah? I have a friend who swears by these guys. I'd be real curious to know how they were live.
April 22nd, 2004 12:40 AM
M.O.W.A.T. All I remember about the show was Battleship Chains (the opener-- which rocked), Keep Your Hands To Yourself and Hippy Hippy Shake. The reason being was that I was pretty drunk!
April 22nd, 2004 01:47 AM
Jumacfly the Satelittes, yes!!
their singer Dan Baird released a few records, his first one is pretty cool, and the guitarist Rick "i don t remember your name buddie" was playing on most of Izzy Stradlin solo stuff...
April 22nd, 2004 11:44 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
the Satelittes, yes!!
their singer Dan Baird released a few records, his first one is pretty cool, and the guitarist Rick "i don t remember your name buddie" was playing on most of Izzy Stradlin solo stuff...

Baird is/was? in the Yayhoos.
http://www.bloodshotrecords.com/bands.php3?bandid=29

Saw Kim Simmonds and Savoy Brown a few years ago at one of those suburban (Chicago) fests. They followed Eddy Clearwater.

Didn't Dave Mason join Traffic at the RnR HOF for the last song they did?
April 23rd, 2004 12:00 AM
Snappy McJack I gotta little change in mah pocket goin' jang-a-lang-a-lang...
April 23rd, 2004 01:09 AM
Jumacfly
Thank you polska, that s exactly him!!
April 23rd, 2004 05:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
A friend of mine saw Long John Baldry play a small pub in Georgetown (NW of Toronto) a couple of years ago -- from what he tells me it was a great show for such a small place.

Just googling around the web, I discovered an interesting bit of trivia. Probably half you Stones scholars knew it already but I didn't. According to this website the first gig the Stones did was to open at the Marquee for Long John Baldry way back when.
April 23rd, 2004 06:06 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

Baird is/was? in the Yayhoos.
http://www.bloodshotrecords.com/bands.php3?bandid=29

I ve downloaded it, they do a great cover of Dancing Queen indeed!!
thaks for the tips!