ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1981 David McCough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Crow to Perform on Airline Flight (NSC) Return to archive
April 21st, 2004 10:23 AM
Martha 04/21/2004  07:11:01 EST
Crow to Perform on Airline Flight
By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY
AP Music Writer

NEW YORK - Sheryl Crow has performed across the country - but never during one show. On May 4, Crow is to perform on board a United Airlines flight marking the launch of United's partnership with Sony's new Connect Online Music Service.

"I like to think of it as taking in-flight entertainment to all new heights," Dave Keenan, vice president of UAL Loyalty Services, quipped to The Associated Press.

Sony Connect plans to have more than a half-million songs available for download for 99 cents; albums will cost $9.95. With United's "Music for Miles" program, frequent flier customers will be able to earn miles when purchasing downloads, as well as buy music with miles. Both sites will launch later this spring, Keenan said.

Crow, a select group of fans and invited guests will fly from Chicago to Los Angeles. Crow is slated to perform for 40 minutes with a guitar player for an acoustic set.

After landing, Crow will perform again at a party that will also celebrate the launch of a new Sony digital Walkman.

___

On the Net:

http://www.connect.com
April 21st, 2004 10:25 AM
jb She is currently living with Tour de france champion and testicular cancer survivor Lance Armstrong.

http://www.alighthouse.com/alone.htm
April 21st, 2004 10:27 AM
nankerphelge MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — People looking for information on Judaism (search) on the Internet might be surprised when the result leads them to an anti-Semitic Web site.

For the past three years, the first Web site to come up as a result when searching for the word "Jew" on the popular search engine Google (search) has been the site known as "Jew Watch." It includes subjects such as "Jewish Mind Control" and "Zionist Occupied Governments."
April 21st, 2004 10:29 AM
jb http://beingjewish.org/
April 21st, 2004 10:35 AM
Joey

Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters ................

MSG WHO2 Tickets are on Sale this Saturday !!!!!

www.ticketmaster.com

YES !!!!!

" Pete is NO Priory Pussy Ronnie ! "

Jazzy !
April 21st, 2004 10:45 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters ................

MSG WHO2 Tickets are on Sale this Saturday !!!!!

YES !!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Whoooooooooooooooooo!

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE!!! | 4/14/2004 << Go back
Tour Dates Announced! Slither On The Radio! Band Shoots Video!
VELVET REVOLVER will jump-start the June 8 release of their much-anticipated debut album CONTRABAND (RCA) with their first-ever tour. Launching May 13 in St. Louis, the intimate venue trek will take the band--who've only played one show before (last year in Los Angeles)--across the U.S. into such cities as New York, Los Angeles, Washington, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco and Detroit, among others.

"Slither," the album's first single, exploded at radio in its first week of release, airing on over 130 stations. The song was #1 Most Added at Modern Rock, Active Rock and Mainstream Rock.

For the "Slither" video, VELVET REVOLVER--lead vocalist SCOTT WEILAND, guitarist SLASH, bassist DUFF McKAGAN, drummer MATT SORUM and guitarist DAVE KUSHNER--joined forces with video director Kevin Kerslake (Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iggy Pop). The band performed the powerful song in an underground "catacomb party" in front of hundreds of fans packed into the sprawling basement of a downtown Los Angeles warehouse. Other portions of the "Slither" video are being shot in Europe, where "catacomb parties" take place underground, reachable only by following a series of clues and traveling through the maze of tunnels that lay nearly a half-mile underneath the city. Look for the "Slither" video to premiere Tuesday, April 27 at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific as part of MTV2 "Makes The Video."

While VELVET REVOLVER inevitably offers a few echoes of its members' illustrious pasts, their sound is defiantly forward-looking and truly fresh in all senses of that word. "Slither" is an epic rock song that merges musical ferocity with the urgent drama of such lines as "Yeah, here comes the water/It's come to wash away the sins of you and I/This time you see/Like holy water/It only burns you faster than you'll ever dry/This time with me."

Check the "Appearances" page for tour dates (times on that page are not actual show times, check back often for updates).

Date State City Venue On Sale Dates
5/13/2004 MO St. Louis Pagent 4/23/2004

5/14/2004 KS Kansas City Memorial Hall 4/23/2004

5/15/2004 MN Minneapolis Quest 4/21/2004

5/19/2004 IL Chicago The Riviera 4/24/2004

5/20/2004 MI Detroit State Theatre 4/23/2004

5/21/2004 Canada Toronto Kool Haus 4/22/2004

5/26/2004 NY New York Roseland 4/23/2004

5/27/2004 DC Washington 9:30 Club 4/22/2004

5/28/2004 PA Philadelphia Electric Factory

5/29/2004 MA Boston Avalon 4/23/2004

6/4/2004 WA Seattle Moore Theater

6/5/2004 OR Portland Roseland

6/7/2004 CA San Francisco Warfield 4/25/2004

6/8/2004 CA Los Angeles Wiltern Theatre

6/9/2004 CA Los Angeles Wiltern Theatre

The Who, THe Stones , Velvet Revolver....and more! 2004 will be a great year!

This is for Joey and Josh:

April 21st, 2004 10:48 AM
jb
April 21st, 2004 11:04 AM
L&A Sheryl Crow = most disappointing concert I've seen in my life
April 21st, 2004 11:06 AM
jb
quote:
L&A wrote:
Sheryl Crow = most disappointing concert I've seen in my life

We agree!!!
April 21st, 2004 11:12 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

We agree!!!

April 21st, 2004 12:51 PM
Factory Girl Sheryl Crow is lame.
April 21st, 2004 12:54 PM
jb I wonder if she can still lick his balls?
April 21st, 2004 12:56 PM
Bloozehound she likes to lick balls ?
April 21st, 2004 07:23 PM
Snappy McJack Rubber balls & liquor....

Sheryl Crow blows. You know that song "The First Cut Is the Deepest"? Well, I was at a sporting goods store, and it was playing over the PA system.

I then preceded over to the stereo system with an Easton 342A-Blaster aluminum baseball bat. Of course, I had batting gloves on so there would be no slippage. I wanted to hit this thing with no outside factors (air resistance, gravity, etc.) ruining the path from batting stance to contact.

So I get into my Andres Galaragga batting stance (an open batting stance so I could see the PA system more clearly; of course, you can generate a little more power in an open stance) and I ......In other words, I smashed the crap outta that PA stereo system during the chorus of that inane and crapptastic song. I equate that hit to that of a towering homerun that went into the upperdeck of the ol' Kingdome. Blammo!

Boy, it felt good. Yep, it did.
April 21st, 2004 07:36 PM
Martha Cat Stevens wrote that song.
April 21st, 2004 07:48 PM
Snappy McJack I have to say that I didn't know that. Regardless, it comes across as a sappy tune, IMO.

Hope your cats are doing great, Martha! Tell 'em I said "Hi"!
April 21st, 2004 11:15 PM
MarthaMyDear DAVE KUSHNER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I used to work with the guy!!! YEAH, MAN!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! NOT DOING SHABBY!!! Cardinal Fang, if you're reading this, I used to work with him at Tower Video (a couple of doors up the street from Book Soup) back then!!! That figures he's in that band, though, as he knows Guns N' Roses, etc.... COOL!!! GO, DAVE!!! ROCK ON!!! Maybe I'll be going to the Wiltern show!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! Now, I've got to hear what they sound like, although I'm SURE it's EXCELLENT!!! Anyways, PEACE and ROCK ON!!! THANK YOU FOR THE INFO.!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
April 21st, 2004 11:27 PM
Snappy McJack Was Dave wearing the hat when he worked with you? He's always wearing a beanie cap.
April 21st, 2004 11:43 PM
MarthaMyDear He does NOT look the same!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I worked with him back in 1985-87-ish when Guns N' Roses were just making it big time!!! He used to have hair like SLASH'S back then and he, as well as most people at Tower Records and Tower Video (where we worked), used to know GNR because Slash and Axl actually used to manage Tower Video right before I started working there!!! That time was one of my "back in the day"'s for me, of course!!! Why wouldn't it be?!?!?! lol.. Partying on the Sunset Strip and seeing as many GNR shows as you could... lol.............. Whilst fucked-up (I'm not ashamed to admit)... lol.............. Dave's a nice person... I haven't seen him in about ten years but I'm not surprised he's playing with Slash, etc.!!! He used to be in Wasted Youth (the metal version)... lol............ Shit... I remember seeing the PUNK version... Jesus... lol............ Well, thank you very much for that info., Snappy!!! I will try to catch them, actually!!! Hopefully, it will be at the Wiltern!!! Anyways, take care, PEACE, and DO ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (Actually, he DID used to have a gottee (sp???) back then, though, but hair like Slash's, also... And, here he is on the left!!! :

Velvet Revolver

Nice t-shirt, there, Slash!!! lol.............. RIGHT ON!!! PEACE!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
April 21st, 2004 11:46 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:
I wonder if she can still lick his balls?

April 21st, 2004 11:54 PM
MarthaMyDear Shit... Slash is so Slashlicious... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh... HE!!! HE!!! Thank you for letting me share... LAUGHING!!!!!! PEACE!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
April 22nd, 2004 12:10 AM
Snappy McJack Hey MMD, I downloaded "Slither" awhile back and I think it's a good, rockin', head-bobbin' tune.

You can listen to it on their website and they even have these little videos on the site.

I've actually been following this since I heard that Slash, Duff, and Matt got back together. It's good to see it's coming to fruition. I also think it's kind of cool that Izzy inspired them in some of the songs they wrote. Izzy is the man, but I think he prefers to do his own thing.

[Edited by Snappy McJack]
April 22nd, 2004 12:26 AM
MarthaMyDear I'm WAY ahead of you, partner!!! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAracking-up!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P I already signed-up for their mailing list, etc.!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN, SNAPPY!!! They are playing at the Wiltern a day before my birthday and I really would like to go but I'll have to see... I hope I can, though!!! I saw the Stones at the Wiltern on the Licks tour and asctually talked with Slash and got his autograph and some for some people I was with... That's the second autograph I've gotten of his... HE!!! HE!!! I like him... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, obviously... lol. LOL!!!!!! He actually asked me and my friend then if we knew any singers 'cause his band was looking for a singer and the thought that went through my mind was: Why is he asking ME?!?!?! HE would fucking know!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Well, obviously, he did, I guess!!! lol............... :P ;') Well, I'll have to see them at least at SOME point!!! Another person I used to work with at Tower Video who went on to do very well, indead, is the "outsider" artist, Alan Forbes, who roadied for GNR and is a successful artist now... He did at least one album cover that I know of for the Black Crowes and posters for them as well as alot of other bands including the same for Ozzy, also!!! He did the front page artwork on Ozzy's official site a long time ago... He's doing very well... I need to catch-up!!! lol...... Fuck it... I will!!! lol...... Well, thank you again, Snappy, and keep me updated, ok.?!?!?! PEACE!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
April 22nd, 2004 12:38 AM
MarthaMyDear Well, to be honest... I really do wish GNR could have gotten along 'cause they were just WAY over-the-top ROCKIN', to say the EXTREME least, but this lineup sounds great to me, so I'll be checking into this!!! EXCELLENT!!! Thank you again, Snappy, and ROCK ON!!! Take care!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
April 22nd, 2004 08:33 AM
Snappy McJack You're in L.A. right? Shit, if you would have been on their mailing list about a month ago, you could've been in their video for "Slither".

The offcial site sent e-mails to the fans on the list that live in L.A. I thought that was pretty nice. A lot of people wrote reviews about it, and some mentioned how nice all of the guys were because they were so personable.
April 22nd, 2004 12:05 PM
Martha Martha.... I want to take this moment to tell you, You are EXTRA cool girlfriend. EXTRA cool! :-)

Snappy McJack wrote:
Hope your cats are doing great, Martha! Tell 'em I said "Hi"!

I'll tell them Snappy. My 3 cats are doing well, thank for asking! They miss their little brother Winky still though. Now I have to spend extra time playing "get me'", "Door" "Grab the feather" "hide in the bag" and I must keep an ample suppply of fresh catnip poured all over their play area. Winky was so much younger than the other three he played with them all at least twice a day.

I do not possess such boundless energy. And my back has been hurting again.

jb, how's your back pain goin'?

Peace and Rock On,
The Other Martha
April 22nd, 2004 05:50 PM
MarthaMyDear I hope your back is doing alot better, Martha!!! Well, sometimes I have boudless energy but that might have more to do with coffee than anything else!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.............. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the cool one, though, my friend!!! And, thank you for the nice email when I wasn't doing too great, etc.!!! It really was appreciated and I'm doing ok. now!!!

And, Snappy, thank you for all of this info.!!! That's ok. I missed the video but I'm gonna try for tix to see them, definitely!!! I just hope I don't have to work when they go on sale!!! lol............ :P Anyways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON, you guys!!! Thank you again and PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
April 22nd, 2004 06:19 PM
Martha Glad to hear you are doing better Martha. I understand the ups and downs of life as a whip snappin' woman of strength, it's a hard job but someone has to do it ehh?! Glad my e-mail helped. ;-)

My back is getting back on track...pun intended. LOL! My pelvic bone slips on me especially when I sit in seats that fold up at concerts like the one I sat in before Aerosmith took the stage last Friday night. Then I did some weekend gardening and boom, slip sliddin' away there she blows! Chris is helping to put me back in with the counter stretch that the PT person showed him so I am feeling better. Thanks for asking!

You ROCK girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxoooooooooo,
Martha

P.S. BTW, Martha, do you drink organic coffee? I do (only in the mornings) with Silk Soy Creamer have you tried that it's awesome. And in the evenings I've been drinking Hojicha green tea (Eden brand)...it has been instrumental in helping me get my health back on track! :-)
April 22nd, 2004 06:51 PM
MarthaMyDear HEY!!! Man, are you lucky to go to Aerosmith!!! lol.............. I have only seen them a million times, myself!!! lol................ Actually, seriously, though... Now that you mention them, I MIGHT try to see them when they play here again and I'm gonna try for Dylan tix, also (as well as, hopefully, seeing Velvet Revolver)!!! I think Aerosmith is a bit expensive, myself, though, although they are one of my all-time favorite bands, etc.!!! I am still paying off my debt from my trip to England and it is worth it!!! I'm planning to go there again when/if the Stones play there next year, so I've got some serious saving to do, etc.... Fortunately, Bob Dylan and shows like Velvet Revolver are easier to afford... lol................... And, then I have moving expenses, etc.... lol............ Anyways, it's all good!!!

Anyways, I hope your back gets better, Martha!!! I have some back and neck difficulties (a little bit... not alot) since I'm on the computer so much (and I mean ALOT!!! lol.................... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :P ) but I get alot of rest, also, when i can...

Anyways, I haven't tried that coffee but I bet I can get it at Trader Joe's here, so thank you for the advice!!! I will try all of that, actually!!! I don't like Soy Milk but maybe I'll try it with the organic coffee (?!?!?!)... I do use the Crest White Strips when I can and they work like MAGIC, I SWEAR!!! They are packed-away right now but I'm breaking them out when I can!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol.......... LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIME TO GO TO SOME CONCERTS!!! lol.......... LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Nevermind... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol..

Anyways, take care, ok., my friend, and ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
April 22nd, 2004 06:56 PM
MarthaMyDear I forgot my signature... lol....... LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol...

Black boys are delicious
Chocolate flavored love
Licorice lips like candy
Keep my cocoa handy
I have such a sweet tooth
When it comes to love

Once I tried a diet
Of quiet, rest, no sweets
But I went nearly crazy
And I went clearly crazy
Because I really craved for
My chocolate flavored treats