ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1981 David McCough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Townshend admitted to the Priory (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 20th, 2004 12:55 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good luck in your recovery Martha.

Thank you glencar I appreciate those kind words from you.

Understanding how childhood abuse effects people is not easy for many of us to grasp, IMHO. For example, I would never have thought body memories were possible to have and would have looked prolly not believed it to be true had I not experienced them myself. I also didn't get the direct link between my non-existant self-esteem, never-ending self-hatred and self-destructive patterns and the abuse I had suffered in childhood and early adutlhood. Now that I've come out of my own denial and begun to heal, I realize I was very closed-minded and judgmental about how sexual abuse effects people in adulthood. That is another reason I am speaking out and sharing part of my experience on the board. I am learning volumes!

Thank you all for being so respectful and kind to me in return. I feel happy and proud to be a member of RO for that very reason. :-)
April 20th, 2004 03:53 PM
Joey " Thank you all for being so respectful and kind to me in return. I feel happy and proud to be a member of RO for that very reason. :-) "

Bless You !
Page: 1 2