ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1981 David McCough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dearly Beloved..... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
April 19th, 2004 03:55 PM
Joey " What I do know for sure is that the Ike & Tina Revue was a live act that will be in the top 5 live acts of all time. "

No , Please read Ike Turner's Revealing 1988 Autobiography : " Woman's Be Thinking Too Much " . In it you will find compelling Evidence that even Ike Turner felt the only worthwhile reason for attending a " Ike and Tina Turner " concert was Tina's heavenly thighs ( circa '70 ) .

Word !

J.
April 19th, 2004 03:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nice clip and paste Joey.

You know how I know it's a clip and paste?

>fraught with unadulterated adherence to verisimilitude<

I know you didn't write that. You are a Cornhusker, you don't have the mental capacity to write something like that.

"3-10 is optimistic Ronnie!"
April 19th, 2004 03:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Woman's Be Thinking Too Much " . In it you will find compelling Evidence that even Ike Turner felt the only worthwhile reason for attending a " Ike and Tina Turner " concert was Tina's heavenly thighs .

Like I said Top 5. Nirvana.

April 19th, 2004 04:05 PM
Joey " Nice clip and paste Joey. "

" You know how I know it's a clip and paste? "

INQUISITIVE

" I know you didn't write that. You are a Cornhusker, you don't have the mental capacity to write something like that. "

"3-10 is optimistic Ronnie!"

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Jazzy !
April 19th, 2004 04:07 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:
My partner is going to see prince this weekend here in South Florida...I am embarrassed for him.

JOEY'S IN TOWN ?
April 19th, 2004 04:11 PM
jb
http://www.varian.net/dreamweavn/neverending/impossible.html
April 19th, 2004 04:12 PM
Joey
" BILL PERKS ?!?!?! "
April 19th, 2004 04:56 PM
Gazza JB wrote>My partner is going to see prince this weekend here in South Florida...I am embarrassed for him.

Partner?
I knew you liked anal, but I always presumed you were 'straight'...

Its easy (for guys especially) to dismiss Prince as a "freak" because of what he looks like. But hes an amazing talent and always has been (playing all the instruments on his first record - at 18? Not bad for a 'no talent'). He's also one of the hottest guitarists in popular music and a great live act. Forget the 'freak' shit and listen with both ears. "Sign O' The Times" is one of the greatest albums ever made by anyone, and you'll be hard pressed to find a better album from the 80's.

Its been too bad that all his contractual and legal problems have made him less visible and commercially successful in the last few years, but it was great to see him on that hall of fame show. I always liked him, as he's a true maverick.

I heard a part of his new album when I was in HMV this morning buying the new "Kill Bill" DVD. It sounded terrific from what I heard. A return to form by all accounts.
April 19th, 2004 05:35 PM
Lavendar PRINCE ROCKS!!! SOLD me on the review SIR Stonesalot! February 24 1983 Buffalo Memorial Aud. CTR row B seat 2 UN- FORGETTABLE! Party Like its 1999! He had some chicks with him that were GREAT! Could have been Shiela E but not sure? Can anyone help??
April 19th, 2004 05:40 PM
Joey " Partner?
I knew you liked anal, but I always presumed you were 'straight'... "

W- W- W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

www.Hackwriters.com

D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !

|
|
|
|
|
V

April 19th, 2004 05:51 PM
Gazza >PRINCE ROCKS!!! SOLD me on the review SIR Stonesalot! February 24 1983 Buffalo Memorial Aud. CTR row B seat 2 UN- FORGETTABLE! Party Like its 1999! He had some chicks with him that were GREAT! Could have been Shiela E but not sure? Can anyone help??

Around that time it probably would have been Jill Jones and Lisa Melvoin, I think (the two girls in the '1999' video which would have been out around that time)

I dont think the delectable Sheila played in his band until a couple of years later. Bloody good drummer actually!!! Even if most red-blooded guys couldnt have cared less!

My fave "hotty" line up was the Sign o the Times/Lovesexy era when he had Sheila and Cat onstage with him. Drool.

April 19th, 2004 07:03 PM
gypsy Great review, SS! That was fun to read...gave me goosebumps. I know you have great taste in music, so I trust your opinion.
I've always loved Prince...I'll check to see if he will be playing OKC this year.

The kid w/ the cowbell makes me think, of course, of that Blue Oyster Cult skit on SNL..."more cowbell."

April 19th, 2004 09:32 PM
Martha I told ya' you'd go nutz for this show!!! Great review!

:-)

April 19th, 2004 10:27 PM
glencar I liked his old stuff but it's been years since he did anything that got noticed. Nice to see that he's touring again.
April 20th, 2004 02:40 AM
beer
quote:
gypsy wrote:

The kid w/ the cowbell makes me think, of course, of that Blue Oyster Cult skit on SNL..."more cowbell."

Gypsy, that skit was one of the funniest things i have ever seen in my life! It was fucking hysterical. i'm glad someone else liked it too!
April 20th, 2004 03:38 AM
Taptrick I like Prince. I especially like his theme and focus for this tour. Hes encouraging parents to bring the kids out and show them what real music with instruments/jams/extended solos is all about. he's made a lot of comments about how the lip-sync acts are hurting the musical education/appreciation of younger generations. That's what he is talking about when he says, "School is in session." He's a great mixture of funk, jazz, dance, rock,improvisation, James Brown, Earth Wind & Fire,and Jimi all rolled into one. If you don't think he can play watch his solo at the recent Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. You want to find one track that might sway you - if you don't like his normal presentation, check out Hallucination Rain from Exodus. Want to hear a truly funny song check out Bob George of The Black Album ("what's he do - manage rock stars? who? Prince? That skinny mutha fucka with the high voice?") Talk about prolific - 21 albums in 20 years. The only thing I truly haven't understood with Prince is the damn drums! He has consistantly selected some of the most canned, tinty, hollow-ass drum tracks. And at times they get very redundant, repetative, repetitious...did I say that already. Oh yeah, great article on Prince in this weeks Entertainment.
April 20th, 2004 03:48 AM
parmeda
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
His next outfit was a high collared white and red polka dot(very small dots)shirt worn open to the midrif, and solid white pants. White pointy shoes with high heels, but not spikes. The heels were encrusted with either rhinestones or...ahhhh, those couldn't have been real diamonds...could they?

Those had to be the ones he was wearing at the induction!
I would KILL for those shoes...

Thanks for the fashion update, SS...I appreciate it
April 20th, 2004 08:52 PM
Taptrick "No , Please read Ike Turner's Revealing 1988 Autobiography : " Woman's Be Thinking Too Much " . In it you will find compelling Evidence that even Ike Turner felt the only worthwhile reason for attending a " Ike and Tina Turner " concert was Tina's heavenly thighs ( circa '70 )."

My parents saw the review a few times in the metro St Louis area and loved it. the performance on the Gimme Shelter DVD is proof enough for me.
April 21st, 2004 04:18 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Great review, SS! That was fun to read...gave me goosebumps. I know you have great taste in music, so I trust your opinion.
I've always loved Prince...I'll check to see if he will be playing OKC this year.

Gypsy ......................that has GOT to be the funniest post that I have EVER had the distict pleasure of reading . Truly you have reached the upper echelon of Posters here at " Rocks Off " whilst giving the reader a panoramic study of how power plays out in the message board arena. By combining the best techniques of investigative reporting with majestic storytelling ability , you have created a vivid, revelatory institutional history as well as a rich hologram of Stoney's character.

Thank You

Ther Joey , Established 1999
April 21st, 2004 05:21 PM
Martha Parmeda wrote: "Those had to be the ones he was wearing at the induction! I would KILL for those shoes..."

It was the same shoes Pam. He wore them at the opening show and I got to see 'em up close....looks like rhinestones not diamonds. They are fab!
April 21st, 2004 06:33 PM
gypsy Thanks, Joey...but I can't help but feel your post is a tad bit facetious. That hurts.
Any tornadic activity up there? The weathermen here are just dying for a tornado...they've pretty much instructed everyone to don a bicycle helmet and scurry on down to their storm shelters.
April 21st, 2004 10:26 PM
CousinCocaine
Prince has done some real great albums. I don't like everything and wasn't too shure about him in the beginning. Think he had a kind of image problem.

But for sure he is a gifted musican and one of the great live performers if he's in shape and willing.
I thought he had lost it over those last years but it seems he's gettin it back together.
And that's ok with me. Be open for good music wherever it's comin from . .
CC
April 21st, 2004 11:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
April 22nd, 2004 04:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot Check this shit out and tell me it ain't cool.

The free CD that Prince gave away to each person as they entered the arena...you know what it was??? It was his new album!

The crazy fucker was giving away his new album to everyone who bought a ticket to his show! Tell me that ain't cool! I don't know how smart it is...but it sure as hell is cool.
April 22nd, 2004 04:46 PM
Bloozehound lol

shows how much his new album is worth
April 22nd, 2004 04:49 PM
Joey " Thanks, Joey...but I can't help but feel your post is a tad bit facetious. "

W- W- W- What ?!?!?!?!

www.HackWriters.com

" Any tornadic activity up there? The weathermen here are just dying for a tornado...they've pretty much instructed everyone to don a bicycle helmet and scurry on down to their storm shelters. "

No , unless of course you count Nebraska Head Football Coach Bill " Was an Oakland Raider " Callahan and the entire rejuvenated Husker Football Program . Look out Stoops and Pelini !

Bob Jacky !

April 22nd, 2004 05:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot Really Bloozehound? So you have heard "Musicology", I take it? Since you are so quick to judge, you must have heard it...right? Only a complete twit would just dismiss an album without at least giving it a listen....so where did you hear it? I don't think it has been released here in the US yet...did you find a download somewhere? You should share the link with all the other Prince fans here(there's quite a lot of them), I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

Please name me one other artist out there who thinks enough of their fans that they'd just give 'em a copy of the newest album for buying a concert ticket. That is CLASS dude.

Won't do much for sales though, that is for certain. But something tells me that album sales don't really mean that much to the guy. He's already sold bazillions of albums. Nope, I think this is a big thank you to his fans, and a big fuck you to his record company.

April 22nd, 2004 05:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Really Bloozehound? So you have heard "Musicology", I take it? Since you are so quick to judge, you must have heard it...right? Only a complete twit would just dismiss an album without at least giving it a listen....so where did you hear it? I don't think it has been released here in the US yet...did you find a download somewhere? You should share the link with all the other Prince fans here(there's quite a lot of them), I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

Please name me one other artist out there who thinks enough of their fans that they'd just give 'em a copy of the newest album for buying a concert ticket. That is CLASS dude.

Won't do much for sales though, that is for certain. But something tells me that album sales don't really mean that much to the guy. He's already sold bazillions of albums. Nope, I think this is a big thank you to his fans, and a big fuck you to his record company.

April 22nd, 2004 05:27 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Really Bloozehound? So you have heard "Musicology", I take it? Since you are so quick to judge, you must have heard it...right? Only a complete twit would just dismiss an album without at least giving it a listen....so where did you hear it? I don't think it has been released here in the US yet...did you find a download somewhere? You should share the link with all the other Prince fans here(there's quite a lot of them), I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

calm down my Super Serious (SS) friend

I was just teasin

April 22nd, 2004 05:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot Of course you were BH....so wuz eye.
Page: 1 2 3