ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1981 David McCough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith vs God Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 12th, 2004 08:26 PM
Bloozehound Just out of curiousity

What the fuck does toby keith have to do with these artists and their "blues" albums ?

I keep noticing his name mentioned at the end of youll's posts

April 12th, 2004 08:28 PM
ResidentMule we're talking about music that's lame, at least from somebody's perspective, and Toby Keith defines the word lame
April 12th, 2004 10:51 PM
Bloozehound I know what you're saying.

I just find it humorous you'll drag toby into it.

April 12th, 2004 11:24 PM
polksalad69 Pop Cuntry Really Sucks!!!
April 13th, 2004 12:38 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I know what you're saying.

I just find it humorous you'll drag toby into it.

I can't take credit for introducing the Toby thing, but now that its been brought up its hard to let go
April 13th, 2004 12:46 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:
Pop Cuntry Really Sucks!!!

April 15th, 2004 06:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Citizen Clapton
Mississippi Press

Just a thought, but why not confer honorary Mississippi citizenship on legendary guitarist Eric Clapton?

Clapton's latest release, "Me and Mr. Johnson," is a tribute to Mississippi's own blues legends, Robert Johnson. It's his second such tribute to Mississippi's music. "Cradle to the Grave" celebrated the masterful musicianship of Howlin' Wolf, B.B. King and Muddy Waters.

Clapton was the Moses of a multitude of British kids -- Van Morrison, Jimmy Page and Mick Jagger among them -- who musically washed themselves clean in a river of Mississippi blues.

Too, it must be said that Clapton has provided an example of someone who battled the personal demons of addiction, and came out the other side, clean and dedicated to helping others who walk through the same shadowed valley to life.

Eric Clapton may be British by birth, but he has the heart and soul of a Mississippian.

We ask that Gov. Barbour and the Legislature consider the honorary citizenship idea.

MISSISSIPPI PRESS
APRIL 13
April 15th, 2004 07:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot Clapton was Mick Jagger's Moses??? WTF???

As far as I can tell, Mick was singing Blues with Alexis Koerner before Clapton could barely play a lick!

I don't give a shit if they give Clapton whatever it was that they wanted to give him....but how about not exaggerating things. If anything, the Stones were Clapton's Blues Moses!
April 15th, 2004 10:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Clapton was Mick Jagger's Moses??? WTF???

LOL. Yeah that line kind of raised my eyebrows when I read it. But I suppose the writer meant well. His history is just a tad rusty. Anyway....Eric "Moses" Clapton...leading all those Brits into the blues promised land. Thats a bit much, but he trying to get the governors attention.
April 15th, 2004 11:13 AM
ResidentMule i stop paying attention when they move the argument to who did it first. i could care less who came at what time, but when it comes to blues - clapton did it better
April 15th, 2004 11:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
i stop paying attention when they move the argument to who did it first. i could care less who came at what time, but when it comes to blues - clapton did it better

Actually I think the "time line" is important in a way. Because it's like watching a tower being built. It's good to know the progression and where things come from. But I take your point. Sometimes there's too much hype.
April 15th, 2004 01:27 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Actually I think the "time line" is important in a way.

that's just like, your opinion, man

sorry, wrong thread
April 15th, 2004 01:29 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Oh yes, him too.
April 15th, 2004 01:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]ResidentMule wrote:
>that's just like, your opinion, man<
Yeah. for what it's worth...which ain't much.

>sorry, wrong thread<
No. No "sorry" necessary....as far as I can see.

April 15th, 2004 01:51 PM
Martha Could someone PLEASE post the last couple of set lists from Aerosmith's tour. All I could find was the opening show's set for March 11th I want to see if they are changing up any songs. We see them tomorrow night at the Nut House in Dayton OH.

Oh, I really dig this band (grew up loving them and can't get it out of my blood) the new album has many "on fire" moments. I cannot wait!
April 15th, 2004 03:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Mule...

I was just yappin' to yap.

I really don't give a shit about Aerosmith or Clapton. Honestly, they are not even on my radar screen. But I thought the discussion worthy(although I don't really remember why right now), and decided to stir the pot a bit. And when you came off with that "knock them down a peg" crack, I decided to twist your tit a bit. Where I'm from, "knock them down a peg", or "take 'em down a notch" means "beat the shit out of them", or "kick their candy-ass."

Once you have been around here a while, you will recognize that I do this quite a bit. I'll argue a point that I have no conviction in just for the sake of discussion. I'm amazed at how I can get people to get their back hair all up. I mean, it seems obvious to me that I'm just stirring the pot, but I guess sometimes I forget other people don't see it like that.

Anyhow, I sense a chip on your shoulder. Lose it, it wasn't that big a thing. At least it wasn't on my end.
April 15th, 2004 04:47 PM
ResidentMule hehe, YOU like to stir the pot? they call me Spoon!

trust me, I totally get the way you do things, that's why I didn't take it seriously
April 16th, 2004 11:17 PM
polksalad69

[Edited by polksalad69]
April 17th, 2004 09:50 AM
glencar Martha, you got a set list for the Dayton show? Aerosmith seems to be playing small markets on this tour.
April 17th, 2004 10:56 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Martha, you got a set list for the Dayton show? Aerosmith seems to be playing small markets on this tour.

Hey glencar,

I do and may I say the show was EXCELLENT!!!!! I was in heaven! They came out and started the show on the ramp in the mid-arena which ended about where a B-stage would start and did the first two songs there clustered together and blowin' ass. Joe Perry had a long black jacket on and he was playing his heart out all night long like I knew he would. It was a fantastic opening!!!! Best Aerosmith show I've ever seen hands down.

Aerosmith
Nut House
April 16th, 2004

Setlist:
1. Toys (ramp)
2. Love in an Elevator (ramp)
3. Back inthe Saddle ( first song on the stage)
4. The Other Side (I think this is correct???)
5. Cryin'
6. Roadrunner
7. Jaded
8. Fever (very nice)
9. Stop Messin' Around (excellent)
10. Never Loved and Girl
12. Livin' on the Edge (love this one!)
13. Shame Shame Shame!!! (surprised me :-)
(A GREAT rockin' hard tune!)
14. Dream On
15. Baby Please Don't go (tore my head off!)
16. Walk This Way
17. Sweet Emotion

Encore
18. I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
19. Train Kept a Rollin' (All Night LONG!)

Yes, it is a smaller market and unfortunately the Nut house has pretty awful acoustics...muddy sounding no matter what you do. But the show rocked hard and we had great seats for once!

Cheap Trick was so fuckin' loud I could barely stand hearing it from out in the lobby/hallway. Holy deafness Batman!

April 17th, 2004 10:05 PM
exile "Joey Kramer is a prick of pricks for his comment a couple of years ago about the Stones?

What did Joey kramer say about the stones

i like Aerosmith's early stuff up to PUMP but fuck all that "Power ballad" shit they have been doing.

and now they appear on the RUGRATS movie soundtrack? in a viedo with the rugrats?

they were scraping the bottom of the barrel there
April 17th, 2004 10:55 PM
glencar Martha, that sounds highly similar to the show I saw on April 1st in Tallahassee. That too was a great show & that in itself surprised me since I'm not a big Aerosmith fan.
April 18th, 2004 11:05 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Martha, that sounds highly similar to the show I saw on April 1st in Tallahassee. That too was a great show & that in itself surprised me since I'm not a big Aerosmith fan.

I think it would be fantastic to see them in a Club doing the whole new album along with some of their older gems. Did you get "Shame Shame Shame" at your show glencar?
April 18th, 2004 11:46 AM
glencar No, Martha, we didn't. Here's the set list. My next post will have a link to all their set lists from this tour...

# Toys In The Attic
# Love In An Elevator
# Back In The Saddle
# The Other Side
# Cryin'
# Roadrunner
# Jaded
# Fever
# Last Child
# Stop Messin' Around
# Never Loved A Girl
# Livin' On The Edge
# Dream On
# Same Old Song And Dance
# Baby Please Don't Go
# Walk This Way
# Sweet Emotion

Encores
# I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
# Train Kept A Rollin'

April 18th, 2004 11:47 AM
glencar Click on this: http://www.cnewton.force9.co.uk/HonkinOnBobo/honkin.htm
April 21st, 2004 05:27 PM
Joey " Where I'm from, "knock them down a peg", or "take 'em down a notch" means "beat the shit out of them", or "kick their candy-ass."

It sure sounds like a very serious place .

April 22nd, 2004 11:06 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Where I'm from, "knock them down a peg", or "take 'em down a notch" means "beat the shit out of them", or "kick their candy-ass."

It sure sounds like a very serious place .

yeah, that statement led me to believe that SS's true identity is Groundskeeper Willie
April 22nd, 2004 07:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot >It sure sounds like a very serious place.<

It sure can be if you say the wrong thing to the wrong person.

I'm only 1/8th Scottish...so I'm only 1/8th as serious as Willie.
April 22nd, 2004 07:49 PM
Bloozehound
April 22nd, 2004 07:55 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
glencar wrote:
No, Martha, we didn't. Here's the set list. My next post will have a link to all their set lists from this tour...

# Toys In The Attic
# Love In An Elevator
# Back In The Saddle
# The Other Side
# Cryin'
# Roadrunner
# Jaded
# Fever
# Last Child
# Stop Messin' Around
# Never Loved A Girl
# Livin' On The Edge
# Dream On
# Same Old Song And Dance
# Baby Please Don't Go
# Walk This Way
# Sweet Emotion

Encores
# I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
# Train Kept A Rollin'

I actually wouldn't mind seeing this show even though I don't care for Aerosmith. theres only a few of their cheeziest songs scattered throughout, perfect timing for "drain-the-main-vein-time"
[Edited by Bloozehound]
Page: 1 2