ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1981 David McCough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: so did any of you check out Gov't Mule..? (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 3rd, 2004 09:36 AM
Lazy Bones Nothing yet...
April 6th, 2004 08:08 PM
mac_daddy to sign up, simply copy these instructions and the following list, adding your name to the bottom...

0. mac_daddy re-seed sent 4/6 - along with a bunch of other stuff for you, LB
1. Lazy Bones
2. ResidentMule
3. Cant Catch Me
April 13th, 2004 10:14 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
anything yet, LB..? (also a bump so this doesnt get retired to the archives).

Not yet. I'll update the thread and Residentmule (via PM) as soon as it arrives. This is a short week, however, with yesterday being Easter Monday. There was no mail delivery.

Hopefully by the end of the week...
April 14th, 2004 12:38 AM
ResidentMule hey lazy, my email is [email protected] if you feel like reaching me that way

by the way(this goes for everybody), I just got some great new Mule shows in
tapetrader.com/residentmule
April 14th, 2004 10:10 AM
Lazy Bones Will do, RM.
April 14th, 2004 10:19 AM
jb
April 16th, 2004 04:07 PM
Lazy Bones 0. mac_daddy re-seed sent 4/6 - along with a bunch of other stuff for you, LB
1. Lazy Bones - rcvd: 16/4
2. ResidentMule
3. Cant Catch Me

Bunch of other stuff is right! Cheers! Unlabelled, too. Ohh, you're mean.

Please review my list and let me know what you'd like. Thanks again! If you need me to re-send it, please let me know via PM.
April 16th, 2004 05:29 PM
ResidentMule Cant Catch Me,

check your PM's
April 16th, 2004 11:25 PM
Lazy Bones 0. mac_daddy re-seed sent 4/6 - along with a bunch of other stuff for you, LB
1. Lazy Bones - rcvd: 16/4, sent: 17/4
2. ResidentMule
3. Cant Catch Me

"Originals" are packaged and posted. Will be mailed first thing in the morning (17/4/04).
April 22nd, 2004 10:15 AM
jimmysdragonsuit 0. mac_daddy re-seed sent 4/6 - along with a bunch of other stuff for you, LB
1. Lazy Bones - rcvd: 16/4, sent: 17/4
2. ResidentMule
3. Cant Catch Me
4. Jimmysdragonsuit

I'd like in on this - if the discs can come over the pond to the UK...which of course the Mule don't...!

Peace

JDS
April 22nd, 2004 06:48 PM
Cant Catch Me JimmyDragonSuit: I'd be glad to send them to you once I get them and make copies. Plus, if anybody in the US signs up after you I'll take care of them too since it doesn't make sense to send them across the Atlantic twice. The postage, whether domestic or overseas, and the discs is a small price to pay for getting the music.
April 22nd, 2004 07:20 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Cant Catch Me wrote:
JimmyDragonSuit: I'd be glad to send them to you once I get them and make copies. Plus, if anybody in the US signs up after you I'll take care of them too since it doesn't make sense to send them across the Atlantic twice. The postage, whether domestic or overseas, and the discs is a small price to pay for getting the music.

nicely done, ccm - you are the man!

I hope you enjoy the recordings...

I just saw the Mule on Tuesday (4/20). Marc Ford guested, and they closed the first set with "Sometimes Salvation."
April 22nd, 2004 11:29 PM
Cant Catch Me Glad to pass it along, so you're in JDS. Send me your terrestrial address by Private Message and when I get the discs I'll copy 'em and send 'em your way.
April 24th, 2004 08:58 AM
mac_daddy here is show #1000

Government Mule
4/16/2004 (1000th show)
The Warfield
San Francisco CA

I. Blind Man in the Dark->Game Face, Birth of the Mule, Slow Happy Boys, Fool's Moon,
Bad Little Doggie, How Many More Years?->Higher Ground->How Many More Years?,
One, , When Doves Cry->Beautifully Broken->When Doves Cry->
Beautifully Broken->Thorazine Shuffle

II. Jam->Lay of the Sunflower->Cryptical Envelopment->The Other One v1->
Wang Dang Doodle->The Other One v2->Sugaree, Viola Lee Blues (v1 & v2)->Lovelight

III. John the Revelator->32-20 Blues->Drums,Bass,&Keys->32-20 Blues,
->Fallen Down, Mule->Third Stone from the Sun->Mule

E: Soulshine

Second set includes members of the Dead.
Third set includes the legendary funk-master Zigaboo Modeliste.

Sound path: AKG C1oooS->Samson Mixpad 4->VxPocket V2->Cooledit 2k (2352-byte alignment,
24/48->16/44.1 conversion)

a review (of sorts):
Speculation abounded regarding Gov't Mule's 1000th show which took place at the Warfield in San Francisco on Friday night. Much of this swirled around a possible appearance by members of the Dead, which is precisely what took place, as the entire group, except for Jimmy Herring, emerged for much of the second set. Early in that set, Phil Lesh stepped in on bass during "Lay of the Sunflower" after which Matt Abts and Danny Louis then moved off as the other members of the Dead appeared for a segued stretch that extended from "Cryptical Envelopment" into "The Other One," "Wang Dang Doodle" and back into "The Other One." Following a take on "Sugaree," Abts and Louis returned for a collective set-closing run through "Viola Lee Blues" and "Lovelight." Gov't Mule then re-appeared with Zigaboo Modeliste joining Abts on drums for much of the third set. At the end of the evening as the band appeared for bows they donned shirts that spelled out 1-0-0-0 (front) S-H-O-W (back).

_____

Ben Harper and Marc Ford were guests in L.A. (#1001)

{I was taping Phish in Vega$, or I would have been there)

I saw #1003 in Anaheim @ the Grove on Tuesday (4/20), but didn't tape (a number of others did, however). Marc Ford, another guitar player, and a harmonica player were guests...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
Page: 1 2