ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Compilation and Art by Sir Stonesalot - Hosting by L&A
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What the Stones think about boots? Return to archive
04-23-03 12:02 PM
vampire Does anybody knows what the guys think about bootlegs?
Wondering if they have their favorites boots, or something.
Once I read Mick enjoy listen to Stones boots. Also, Keith hates bootlegers and Charlie have a list of all unofficial recordings...it is true, or part of it?

[Edited by vampire]
04-23-03 12:09 PM
Lazy Bones I have a boot - can't remember which one - where the intro is Charlie and Mick (?) discussing their opinions on bootlegs. I think it may be one of the Mickboy remasters. I guess I have some homework to do...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
04-23-03 12:24 PM
steel driving hammer I don't think Keith minds at all of bootleggers.

Actually, the more the better.

I'd like to hear his answer of who has more bootlegs, you guys or Zep.

Be interesting to hear what he says.

PS. Anyone watch the Monica Lewinksi show?

04-23-03 12:34 PM
steel driving hammer You Got To Roll Me....

50,000 Pirated CDs Crushed with Steamroller
Wed Apr 23, 2:58 AM ET

LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - Peru's state property rights agency on Tuesday crushed 50,000 pirated music CDs with a steamroller on a Lima street as part of a plan to deter a rampant trade in counterfeit goods.

Musicians and singers danced atop the pile of thousands of compact discs protesting pirating that the government says inhibits artistic creativity and starves a cash-strapped state of needed taxes.

"We need to eliminate (piracy) immediately ... We are calling on everyone to come out and help us crush counterfeit goods," Martin Moscoso, director for intellectual property rights of state agency INDECOPI, told Canal N cable television.

Some 98 percent of music CDs in Peru are pirated -- one of the highest rates in the world -- and they are often indistinguishable from originals in sound quality and packaging and cost a fraction of the price of an authorized disc.

Moscoso told Reuters that the steamrolling operation, which also destroyed pirated videos and chewing gum, prevented losses of $750,000 for the music industry.

He added that enthusiasm for pirated goods is a major problem for poor Peru, robbing the government of $14 million a year in uncollected taxes in fake CDs alone. Other pirated goods available across Peru -- where many people cannot afford original goods -- include name brand clothes, books, software, food and movies yet to hit cinemas.
04-23-03 12:45 PM
vampire
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
I don't think Keith minds at all of bootleggers.
Actually, the more the better.

Again, I also read Keith has decided release the Hollywood Palladium because the bootlegs that there was around...andI actually I remember have seen this boot as vinyl in a brazilian city...the boot's name was Los Angeles something, i guess

]][damn, today i'm typing all wrong, much worst than usual]]
[Edited by vampire]
04-24-03 02:09 PM
Gazza >Again, I also read Keith has decided release the Hollywood Palladium because the bootlegs that there was around

thats true..he refers to it in interview when the video of the show was officially released. that doesnt necessarily mean hes a fan of bootlegs, though..lol

two little anecdotes on the Stones' attitude to bootlegs.

In early '87 I got hold of a very low generation tape of the "Dirty work" sessions (the one with "Strictly memphis", "Deep love" and the 15 minute version of "Invitation" to name but a few gems from it)..this was several months if not longer before it ever circulated on a bootleg LP. The guy who sent it to me told me that HE had been sent it from a guy in LA who had been given the tape by Ronnie Wood. No reason to doubt him,so if thats the case it shows Woody's attitude to them.

Theres also an audio tape in circulation of Mick PURCHASING Stones bootlegs from a New york record shop around August 1975. The guy behind the counter taped it and the whole deal goes on for about 35 minutes or more as Mick cant quite decide which ones he wants and asks the guy's opinion on what the quality's like. From memory, one of the ones he ends up buying is the "Around in a roundhouse" LP from London 1971.
04-24-03 07:59 PM
Kjell When "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!" was released Mick felt obliged to comment: �f it weren't for bootleggers we probably wouldn't put out live albums...Our records will sound better and be cheaper." Well that was in 1970.
The boot : Grande Finale � Les Glimmer Twins, has better sound than : Still Life (American concert 1981) (i reckon) and with all this CDr , what can be cheaper?.
Bootlegs are not the same as "Pirate" and "Counterfeit" i think they don't mind boots (you only buy boots when you got all the officials (or?)), but regards the other two is bad for biz.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003