ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Compilation and Art by Sir Stonesalot - Hosting by L&A
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neil Young in Sweden last night Return to archive
04-23-03 11:43 AM
Lazy Bones Any other fellow Neil fans may be interested in last night's tour-opening show in Sweden of his solo Europe tour before returning to N.A. w/ Crazy Horse.

http://hyperrust.org/Tour2003/
04-23-03 02:14 PM
Pattie
He played lots of new songs and the tickets were very expensive
04-23-03 03:03 PM
Lazy Bones Well, it was a small venue for starters. Tickets were 900-1200 SEK (Swedish Kroner), which, is $105-$140 (US).
Bottom line, to each their own. However, imo, an opening night, theatre/"arena", Neil Young show for $140 is worth every penny. With, 9 new songs plus Love And Effection (which was actually debuted at Bridge XVI). That's a great show!
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
04-23-03 03:36 PM
Pattie
I wasn�t there, but I agree, Neil Young is worth that kind of money.
04-23-03 05:30 PM
RubyFriday I'm not singing for Pepsi ,I'm not singing for Coke......I'm singing for my own pocket now
04-23-03 05:44 PM
Pattie
He�s a great man
04-23-03 06:06 PM
Gazza He's playing 3 nights at Vicar Street in Dublin next month - where Dylan played 2 yrs ago and Woody played in december 2001

tickets were very expensive by Irish standards - I think,maybe about 110 Euro - but then again this venue was an all seated solo gig "in the round" and the venue would hold about 600-700 maximum if all-seated. Hardly a massive money-making venture but not that outrageous compared to The you-know who's charging triple that amount for a STADIUM gig!

too many other big gigs comin' up this summer,so had to pass on this one unfortunately
04-24-03 01:34 AM
Highwire Rob I'd love to get any boot of him playing Powderfinger--maybe he'll pull this great one out for some shows?
04-24-03 02:51 AM
RubyFriday Here in Hamburg he's playing a 4000 people venue ,solo on guitar....that might be high production costs........

The Stones are known for their greediness...I pay it grinding my teeth....But Neil once had high moral standards....Times they are a changing....I don't pay it...I can't !....Come on,Neil,play for the tie and collar people in the first row.
04-24-03 04:31 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
RubyFriday wrote:
Come on,Neil,play for the tie and collar people in the first row.

I'm a bit confused as your reasoning and "t & c" people seem to contradict the traditional basis for touring. Do you mean "blue collar fans", perhaps? Regardless, Neil has always played new material for his fans before it's officially released. That - rather than touring with "recycled" material - is for the blue collar "fan". Imo, for the fans to get their money's worth, acts should tour with new material. Anyone can play anything for the "tie and collar people".

Highwire Rob, 8 June is the start of Neil's US/Canada (albeit, one Cdn date so far) tour/leg with Crazy Horse. Odds are much better in getting Powderfinger w/ The Horse!

[Edited by Lazy Bones]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003