ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Compilation and Art by Sir Stonesalot - Hosting by L&A
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gazza back in clinic for drink binge Return to archive
04-22-03 03:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100local/page.cfm?objectid=12854976&method=full&siteid=50081&headline=Gazza%20back%20in%20clinic%20for%20drink%20binge

Gazza back in clinic for drink binge Apr 16 2003
By Paul Mcmillan, The Evening Chronicle

Problem-plagued footballing legend Gazza has checked into an exclusive American rehab clinic, just months after his fresh start in China.

Gazza is reported to have checked into the exclusive Meadows Clinic, Arizona, on Monday after a trans-Atlantic flight from Heathrow to Phoenix where he was seen knocking back the booze.

He had also been drinking before he boarded the 11-hour British Airways flight.

Gateshead-born Gazza, 35, was also heard apologising for his behaviour to a member of the clinic's staff who met him in Phoenix.

Looking dishevelled, he mumbled: "I've been a disgrace. I've been a disgrace. I'm so sorry."

He was then driven to The Meadows, in the desert town of Wickenburg.

It is not known how long he will stay in the �650-a-day clinic, also known for treating guitarist Ronnie Wood and fallen TV star Michael Barrymore.

Gascoigne made a previous visit in 2001 while playing for Everton.

In February this year he had checked into the Priory Clinic, London, when he was due to fly out to China to play in his first games for his new second division team, Gansu Tianma - known as Sky Horses.

It was hoped the new �400,000-a-year position as player-coach would be a new start, but farewell drinks had turned into a heavy session.

Gazza looked slim and fit as he arrived at Heathrow in jeans, denim jacket and a bright green shirt.

But he tried to hide the fact he was jetting to the US by pretending he was bound for China.

An airport worker said Gazza turned up in a good mood but the worse for wear.

He added: "I asked him where he was going. He said, `I'm going to China', then staggered straight on to the plane bound for America."

Gazza's colourful career has been blighted by drunken antics.

Just before Euro 96 he was pictured lying in a dentist's chair letting off steam in a Hong Kong bar while a waiter poured tequila down his throat. Two years later, he was spotted enjoying a kebab after a drinking session with pal Chris Evans days before an England match.

Gazza's dad John today refused to comment on his son's condition.

04-22-03 03:32 PM
J.J.Flash LOL, and I was thinking that was our boss from U.K. member of our Unholy Trinity.... LOL
04-22-03 03:41 PM
steel driving hammer LOL, he even looks like him!

04-22-03 03:48 PM
J.J.Flash uhauhauhauahuahuahuahauhauhauhauhauhauahuahuahauhauhauhauhauahuahuahuahauhauhauhauahuahuahuahauhauhauha LOL!

Oh Steelie, you damn.... this falsification is really professional... How did you make this, ADOBE Photoshop? LOL
Voodoo, that was the greateast joke of last months..... LOL
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
04-22-03 04:33 PM
steel driving hammer Well I steal most of my pictures from,

www.picsearch.com

Fast and easy and High and Dry...
04-22-03 04:39 PM
J.J.Flash Thank you for this advice Steel. Again Voodoo, that was the best joke of last months, maybe years......
04-22-03 05:35 PM
Gazza >Oh Steelie, you damn.... this falsification is really professional... How did you make this, ADOBE Photoshop? LOL

Huh? thats a genuine unaltered photograph!

Voodoo,you bastard! LOL

I read the article and a lot of it could be about me (The "footballing legend" bit for sure..)...but I'm a bit older than 35 (although me and Gazza's birthdays are actually just a couple of days apart), the �400,000 a year is a LOT out and as for the "slim & fit" description..not after a week's pasta gorging in Sicily,its not. I feel more like what De Niro looked like in "Raging Bull" - not the trim athlete in the boxing scenes you understand but the resemblance to a beached whale in the latter part of the film...

But this is a REAL footballing genius....

[Edited by Gazza]
04-22-03 06:34 PM
Jacques I knew Guiness was good for you....LOL
But I'm happy all is right
04-23-03 12:34 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>
But this is a REAL footballing genius....

[Edited by Gazza]

Oh, Gary, lol...that's "soccer". This is a real football genius..lol!

04-23-03 02:00 PM
Honky Tonk Man No Lazy Bones!

LOL, too us, thats American Football. Soccer to us is just plain FOOTBALL

Gazza told me off once on Gasland for reffering to football as "Soccer" LOL

Gazza, did you see George Best's appearance on This Is Your Life? What about Bill Wyman!

Alex
04-23-03 02:49 PM
Lazy Bones [quote]Honky Tonk Man wrote:
No Lazy Bones!

LOL, too us, thats American Football. Soccer to us is just plain FOOTBALL

/quote]

Lol..I know, Alex. It was tongue-in-cheek.
04-23-03 05:57 PM
Gazza Jeff

theres 45 people in an american football squad - to my recollection only about two of them ever kick the ball at any time during the course of a game,and then usually only in 'special plays'

In football,all eleven players kick the ball (Unless its Leeds United where they just kick people's heads in in nightclubs instead..)

now,tell me which of the above sports is more justified in calling itself "football"? I rest my case!

yes,Alex - any Brit who uses the "S" word when referring to our national game deserves to be slapped. No sell-outs please!

"Besty" - the greatest European footballer in history, and maybe the greatest ever - is from the same neighbourhood as I am. see him on "This is your life" ? yeah but shit,I remember him being on it the FIRST time,back in the early 70's when he had his original liver. Thats how old I am.
04-23-03 05:58 PM
Moonisup I MUST go in rehab, must must must
04-23-03 06:57 PM
sirmoonie Joke all you want you insensitive bastards, but I just hope Gazza is cured of this terrible disease in time to party it up with the Stonesassian brudderhood in London this August.

"I'm not against alcoholics, I'm against the act of alcholicism........ahhh, that doesn't work too well... Ronnie....."
04-23-03 07:10 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
now,tell me which of the above sports is more justified in calling itself "football"? I rest my case!

Well, history alone answers that question Gazza as American football is actually derived from rugby. Both sports differ completely and required extremely talented athletes. I would, one day like to attend a "football" match - other sid eof the pond that is. What are the tailgate parties like over there?

This, to me, is what it's all about!

04-23-03 10:02 PM
Gazza we dont really do "tailgates" here - its a bit different in that in the NFL youre going to have hardly any "visiting" fans at most games. In football,thats not the case.

So instead of "tailgating" we drink in pubs beforehand then go and beat seven shades of shit out of each other afterwards (or at least sing abusive and slanderous songs at each other..)

nothing like a stereotype, eh?

Sirmoonie

My liver shall be back to it's "Ron Wood circa 1999" peak level of fitness by August. Fear not.

04-24-03 07:26 AM
Zeeta "So instead of "tailgating" we drink in pubs beforehand then go and beat seven shades of shit out of each other afterwards (or at least sing abusive and slanderous songs at each other..)"

Speaking of abuse and slander I am a Leeds Utd fan and find the comments about kicking people in the head very offensive!!!! Leeds Utd players are the finest in the land, now here is a footballing legend:

The one the only Peter Lorimer!!!

Not forgeting Jackie!!!

I hope none of you are Man Utd fans?? LOL

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003