ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Compilation and Art by Sir Stonesalot - Hosting by L&A
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Steve Marriott Return to archive
04-21-03 05:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Oops, I had a header for yesterday and as Jaxx says "got stoned and I missed it"

12 years ago... and one day on April 20th, 1991 in Essex, England, Steve Marriot passed away in a tragic fire at his home.

A candidate to be a full-time Rolling Stone one time, and probably as "Stone" as Woody, imagine Steve with the Stones! Also and by "accident" guitar and vocals on "In Another Land", co produced Chris Farlowe as well as P.P. Arnold with Mick Jagger and Ronnie Lane

Replaced by both, Woody and Rod Stewart in the Small Faces

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
04-21-03 05:48 PM
Joey What a loss....................

I am stirred to sadness !

J.
04-21-03 06:29 PM
stewed & Keefed One of the all time greats,and sadly missed by all the old mods in England.
04-21-03 06:53 PM
telecaster "Thirty Days in the Hole": Classic
04-21-03 06:54 PM
Honky Tonk Man WOW Voodoo, what great pictures! He looks like hes going through a fat Mick Taylor faze in that last one. When i was first getting into 60s music, Steve Marriot and the Small Faces were an early favourite of mine. According to Ian Maclagens site, theres a new 40 cd Greatest Hits cd coming out. They are well worth checking out if anyone here has not heard them. Much better band then the Faces!

Picked Her Up On A Friday Night, Sha La La La Lee Yeah!

Alex
04-23-03 07:58 PM
Rags "Small Faces - The Ultimate Collection," a combined 2 CD set of the Decca recordings (1965-67) and the Immediate recordings (1967-69) will be released in May. Mac and Kenney Jones will be promoting the "Ultimate Collection" from May 19 to 23rd in the UK. I'll keep you posted for anyone interested in more info on their appearances, etc.

As always, stay tuned for more updates from http://www.macspages.com

and

Faces Fan Forum:
http://the-faces.com/forum/index.php

And for anyone interested in more on the Small Faces, you can join the best SF message board on the web:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SmallFaces/

04-23-03 08:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Rags wrote:
And for anyone interested in more on the Small Faces, you can join ...

...the best Small Faces fanzine "The Darlings of Wapping Wharf Launderette E.1.", and in fact one of the best fanzines I've seen for a band that broke more than 30 years ago, the edition and qualty is as good as IORR. For more information contact and say hi to John Hellier at [email protected], or write him at 7 Waterdene Mews, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 9YP

John also is the editor of the superb DVD "The Life and Times of Steve Marriot", he has a VHS tape with a lot of additional material thet didn't make it in the final cut and much more, probably the SF/HP historian with more material in the whole world.

Pay a visit to Steve Marriott official website run by his wife Toni at http://www.stevemarriott.co.uk/
04-24-03 02:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man Your right Voodoo, The Darlings Of Wrapping Wharf is a great fanzine. I evan went to one of their organized anual Small Faces conventions at the Ruskin Arms pub. Thats the place where the Small Faces played their first ever live gig. I think i met John Hellier there. If im not mistaken, he has longish hair and a dodgy moustache!

Alex

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003