ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
(Thanks again Gypsy!)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sir Mick Jagger had close encounter with aliens in the 60s Return to archive
23rd April 2007 03:50 PM
moy Sir Mick Jagger had close encounter with aliens in the 60s
- Rock 'n' roll littered with extra terrestrial stories, says expert

Sir Mick Jagger has been visited by aliens.

Michael C. Luckman - author of Alien Rock: The Rock 'n' Roll Extraterrestrial Connection - says The Rolling Stones rocker developed an interest in extraterrestrial phenomena after a close encounter of the third kind in the 60s.

Luckman said: "Mick Jagger has been very involved with the subject of UFOs for many years.

"In 1968 he went camping in Glastonbury with his then girlfriend, singer Marianne Faithful, and encountered a rare, luminous cigar-shaped mothership.

"Around the same time Mick had a UFO detector installed at his British estate. The alarm kept on going off whenever he left home, indicating the
presence of strong electromagnetic activity in the immediate area."

The 63-year-old singer also sighted a UFO over the crowd during The Rolling Stones' infamous 1969 Altamont Concert in California.

Mick is not the only member of the band to believe in aliens. Guitarist Keith Richards has also admitted to "seeing a few".

Beatles legend John Lennon is another musician Luckman claims has experienced personal contact with beings from another planet.

He said: "John Lennon was apparently given a small egg shaped metallic-looking object which he in turn gave to Uri Geller, the psychic.

"He didn't know what the purpose of it was, but he claimed he had been given it by an extraterrestrial. Interestingly, this all happened less than a year
before he was assassinated."

23rd April 2007 03:56 PM
ExileIzzy Drugs damage
23rd April 2007 04:08 PM
mrhipfl no kidding!
23rd April 2007 10:24 PM
Jakeb206 did they really say 'UFO Detector'
[Edited by Jakeb206]
23rd April 2007 10:41 PM
mojoman lucy in the sky with diamonds?
23rd April 2007 10:55 PM
pdog Spanish Tony's dope was said to be out of this world!
23rd April 2007 11:25 PM
IanBillen The 63-year-old singer also sighted a UFO over the crowd during The Rolling Stones' infamous 1969 Altamont Concert in California.

I saw it too. This UFO also appeared on the 76 Tour of the America's. It was also shaped like a cigar? It even popped out of the stage at one point and Mick Jumped on the sucker as if he wanted it to take him to another planet or something. Instead it started to blow little aliens out of the head of this thing. I can distinctively remember the authorities at the show looking on in horror.

Mick seemed dissapointed and jipped that he never got the thing to take off. I can remember him shoving Ron Wood out of frustration at one point in the show after this occurence.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
24th April 2007 12:29 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
moy wrote:

Guitarist Keith Richards has also admitted to "seeing a few".

I'll bet!
24th April 2007 12:43 AM
mojoman erik von daniken tour consultant
24th April 2007 02:02 AM
IanBillen [quote]GotToRollMe wrote:

I'll bet!

He point blank came out with it in an interview from 1995:

"Here we are and here we go....UFO"

See the interivew with Weird AL on youtube.com

Ian
24th April 2007 04:31 AM
Bitch People think it's crazy, but many straight people see UFO's, or think they do. No one's proved it to be true without a doubt so it's wild imagination IMO.
24th April 2007 05:01 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Bitch wrote:
People think it's crazy, but many straight people see UFO's, or think they do. No one's proved it to be true without a doubt so it's wild imagination IMO.

Listen Bitch- well that is your name isn't it

Well anyway, nobody is saying either way if they feel UFO's actually exist here. Yes, many, many straight/perfectly sane people claimed to have seen them first hand. By account, UFO's certainly exist because many people have seen things that were not identified. That officially-no pun intended, makes them UFO's. They could be anything. Now Alien life is the next step. Do I beleive in aliens?....well on one hand I think mathematically there almost has to be other life out there besides ours. On the other hand I think half of the UFO sightings (1/2, not necessarily all) are governmental experimental craft.

So there you go. My silly two-cents worth.

* As you know, we are just taking note on how goofy some writers/publications dream up things in order to get a story nobody knows about that's all.

Didn't mean to offend you by calling you a bitch.....although that is your name. It is a silly board these past few days is all. So I thought I would chimed in.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
24th April 2007 05:12 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Bitch wrote:
People think it's crazy, but many straight people see UFO's, or think they do. No one's proved it to be true without a doubt so it's wild imagination IMO.

Well, in Mick's case, I think it had a LOT to do with what they were all ingesting at the time Similar with Keith's, Anita's and Gram Parson's evenings by the Joshua Tree and their sightings. The wild sixties.

But about UFO's in general, I'm a person who grew up watching the X-Files Any astronomer will tell you that the existence of life outside the earth is theoretically proven, since there are millions of galaxies out there -we can't be the only lucky ones, can we? Now, an unidentified flying object can be just about anything, and not necesarilly an alien.

Who really knows? (-play theme from X-Files now )
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)