ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
(Thanks again Gypsy!)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Ronnie to roll out ballet art" Return to archive
23rd April 2007 11:07 AM
Mel Belli Perhaps Ronnie will incorporate some of their moves into his own stage act?

The Mirror

April 23, 2007

RONNIE TO ROLL OUT BALLET ART

BY MAEVE QUIGLEY

ROLLING Stone Ronnie Wood is brushing up his artistic skills before the band's visit to Ireland.

The 59-year-old is sketching and painting some of the performers of the Royal Ballet as part of his latest project.

Ronnie, who has a house in Clane, Co Kildare, is working with dancers such as principal ballerina Darcey Bussell.

The guitarist, who will play Slane Castle in Co Meath later this year, said: "It's been the biggest challenge of anything I've done in art - much more so than portraits or landscapes.

"It's the movement and grace I admire in these dancers."

Ronnie, who studied at art college before the Rolling Stones hit the big time, added his bandmates "used to laugh at my paintings but not any more".

In the past he has even painted portraits of the rest of the group.

And living in Ireland means he may be able to benefit from the artists' tax exemption scheme.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)