ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
(Thanks again Gypsy!)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Real Cool Time Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th April 2007 02:08 AM
pdog Iggy landed on my head, I lost my hat...
I have nothing else to say, it was that amazing!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
20th April 2007 02:24 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Is that you? You look totally wasted...

I gave up smoking, three weeks clean now!!!
20th April 2007 03:32 AM
pdog completely sober, but drained. I just drank a half gallon of orange juice and 3 bottled waters... My ears aren't ringing to bad anymore.
20th April 2007 09:37 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Iggy landed on my head, I lost my hat...
I have nothing else to say, it was that amazing!

I know the feelin', pdog.
AND I know that look...I remember coming home from my first Iggy show and catching a look at myself in the bathroom mirror...I looked totally demented...LOL...
Glad to hear ya had a real cool time.

20th April 2007 10:27 AM
Lord Homosex My first Iggy show was in Hamburg during the Bowie-ish tour. He had the Sales brothers, Thurston and (maybe) James Williamson. At one point the whole band revolved; guitar went to drums, bass to piano etc etc. Very small very loud show.
But the best Iggy experience was in Atlanta, Ga where he played for a week straight at the 688 Club. 5 nights consecutively; every night hotter than the one before. I looked like the Pdog afterwards; and I was also straight for my shows.
The Ig came out with a horsetail on his butt LOl. There was this pole at the front of the stage where you could lean out on the crowd. After one song Iggy got sort of pensive, he leaned into the audience, clocked in on one guy and says "Pseudopunks...I think I'll spit on you..." And he did.
20th April 2007 10:43 AM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

completely sober,

Why ?!

WHY ?!
20th April 2007 11:30 AM
glencar Is Iggy coming back to NYC?
20th April 2007 12:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Iggy coming back to NYC?

Guess not.
20th April 2007 12:45 PM
Joey There is no god
there is no heaven
there is no hereinafter
we die, and we no longer exist!!!
We are but specks of sand, slowly passing by
and no one will ever rememeber us , we are dead, and that
is all we can look forward to, and when we leave, no one cares.

20th April 2007 01:51 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Iggy coming back to NYC?

I'm just glad he's finally making money... He deserves to have his retirement be secure, the man has worked hard and is a true rock and roll icon.
Jagger is the olny other person who can project so much energy back on a crwod, and recieve it and have it grow. I've said it before, I think Iggy is the best frontman in the world. Iggy risks life and limb onstage, and that has always impressed the crap out of me. The one time I saw Iggy before, was a show with BRMC,Rancid, Iggy and Jane's. His performance then was tame compared to last night.
20th April 2007 01:52 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

Why ?!

WHY ?!

I'm an alcoholic.
20th April 2007 03:29 PM
monkey_man I was able to break away to watch Dirt through No Fun. I fully expected to see you onstage. I'll be able to watch the whole show tomorrow.
20th April 2007 03:30 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm an alcoholic.

Does that mean you will NOT be drinking with Keith Moon anytime soon ?!

Developing ......................
20th April 2007 03:46 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
I was able to break away to watch Dirt through No Fun. I fully expected to see you onstage. I'll be able to watch the whole show tomorrow.

Ooooooo, verrry interrresting, Any chance ya can get yer hands on a copy of that, mm?
20th April 2007 03:47 PM
Joey

************* " WHOOF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " **********
20th April 2007 03:50 PM
monkey_man
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Ooooooo, verrry interrresting, Any chance ya can get yer hands on a copy of that, mm?

I mean that I will be at the show tomorrow to see the parts that missed last night. LOL! There is no video/audio that I know of. I'll keep my ear to the ground though.
20th April 2007 03:51 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
I was able to break away to watch Dirt through No Fun. I fully expected to see you onstage. I'll be able to watch the whole show tomorrow.

I don't think going on-stage was ever going to happen. I had no desire, then again, I wasn't planning on being upfront either.

20th April 2007 03:58 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I mean that I will be at the show tomorrow to see the parts that missed last night. LOL! There is no video/audio that I know of. I'll keep my ear to the ground though.

Ah, I see. Well, have a blast then, mm!
20th April 2007 04:01 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I don't think going on-stage was ever going to happen. I had no desire, then again, I wasn't planning on being upfront either.

I've been upfront for every Iggy show I've ever seen. Nothin' quite like it. It's a real "BANZAIIIIII!!!!!" kind of experience, that's for sure. Did he do a lotta diving last night?
20th April 2007 04:01 PM
pdog I can't see a show that loud being recorded easily. a real expert and being in a perfect spot only... I saw a few cameras inside, and security didn't seem to mind, at least not up close to the stage...
anyone have any pics from last nights show? I tried googling some stuff, but no luck.
20th April 2007 04:03 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I've been upfront for every Iggy show I've ever seen. Nothin' quite like it. It's a real "BANZAIIIIII!!!!!" kind of experience, that's for sure. Did he do a lotta diving last night?

not as much as I expected. His first dive was on me... I was egging him on the rst of the show, we pointed at each other, and I motioned him to jump... He was cut and bleeding early on, nothing big, but when I saw the blood, I knew it was going to be awesome.
20th April 2007 04:05 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
I can't see a show that loud being recorded easily. a real expert and being in a perfect spot only... I saw a few cameras inside, and security didn't seem to mind, at least not up close to the stage...
anyone have any pics from last nights show? I tried googling some stuff, but no luck.

I think the audio from last night's show wouldn't record well . . .even if it was from the board. I was just on youtube to see if there was anything uploaded yet. There are clips from the last 4 shows this week on youtube so maybe someone got some Iggy footage.
20th April 2007 04:19 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

not as much as I expected. His first dive was on me... I was egging him on the rst of the show, we pointed at each other, and I motioned him to jump... He was cut and bleeding early on, nothing big, but when I saw the blood, I knew it was going to be awesome.

Oh shit, the same thing happened to me! His first dive was on me, he started bleeding, then he did two more dives and that was it for the night. I thought it was because there was no pit though. Damn place had seats to within a couple feet of the stage. Tightest theatre I've ever been in.

I've checked the news and YouTube, but there aren't any reviews, pics or videos up yet. I have a friend who sends me this stuff all the time, so if I get anything I'll post it.

You and monkey man must still be recovering. I know the day after I saw them I felt like I'd gone a couple of rounds with Ali...LOL

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
20th April 2007 04:25 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Oh shit, the same thing happened to me! His first dive was on me, he started bleeding, then he did two more dives and that was it for the night. I thought it was because there was no pit though. Damn place had seats to within a couple feet of the stage. Tightest theatre I've ever been in.

Sista's were pretty cool. They mentioned the NYC seating last night... I said to my bro, the sista's are like Bad Brains with tits. In a very ghey voice he said, that's so racist. I said no it's sexist you nappy ho...

There's some kind of invisible force at work here, with Iggy and our heads... I'm not getting sick, I hope... I sweated out so much, I think I'm healthier... It was a punk rock schvitz.
20th April 2007 04:42 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Sista's were pretty cool. They mentioned the NYC seating last night... I said to my bro, the sista's are like Bad Brains with tits. In a very ghey voice he said, that's so racist. I said no it's sexist you nappy ho...

There's some kind of invisible force at work here, with Iggy and our heads... I'm not getting sick, I hope... I sweated out so much, I think I'm healthier... It was a punk rock schvitz.

I dug the Sistas! The bass player came out on stage during the "audience invasion" and was rockin' out with Mike Watt...it was great! And they actually got some pretty respectable applause after their opening set, which is no small feat.

I hope for your sake our heads aren't in too close of an alignment, because two days after I saw 'em I got the flu and it's STILL kicking my ass a week-and-a-half later. Hopefully the schvitz will work in your favor.
20th April 2007 05:36 PM
Joey We all must die one day
and there is no god
so it's the only way
we are here for but a short time
and we are specks in infinity
and no one will ever remember us
and death will end all for thee
so don't wait to enjoy life
as death ends it all!!!!
20th April 2007 05:44 PM
pdog Joey, The grown ups are talking, we have "special threads" for you...
20th April 2007 05:45 PM
glencar Please don't insult the retarded by weak comparisons with Joey. TIA!
20th April 2007 05:52 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please don't insult the retarded by weak comparisons with Joey. TIA!

Joey will always be courtney's nappy headed sidekick...
20th April 2007 05:56 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please don't insult the retarded by weak comparisons with Joey. TIA!

gonna live and die in pimp town
live and die in pimp town
live and die in pimp town
cause that's where I wanna be!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)