ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
(Thanks again Gypsy!)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick singing I'm Going Down Live 2005 Return to archive
19th April 2007 04:49 PM
UGot2Rollme Mick with a local blues band on island of Mustique, 2005, courtesy of a post on Tell Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Otvy_jTcY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSqj9hlG9t4
19th April 2007 05:31 PM
voodoopug This was posted here earlier, thanks though, fantastic clip!
19th April 2007 05:34 PM
glencar The CD is available from Mustique.
19th April 2007 05:35 PM
polytoxic It's nice to see him fronting a five piece band again.
19th April 2007 05:51 PM
texile
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
It's nice to see him fronting a five piece band again.

lol..
and with all parts functioning properly.
19th April 2007 07:53 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
texile wrote:

lol..
and with all parts functioning properly.

C'mon! The Stones on their worst night are better than a local pickup blues band...
19th April 2007 08:26 PM
Riffhard Great stuff! I like the version of Dust My Broom more than Going Down. Both are great though. I remember that Keith once said that Mick could play a stadium better than anyone alive but that he could also play a stage the size of a coffee table and make the crowd go nuts. This is proof of that. How pumped must that band have been?! Or the crowd for that matter?! The guy playing the SG ain't too shabby on slide but you gotta know that Mick's presence really brought the band up quite a few notches. Thanks for posting these.

Riffy
19th April 2007 08:42 PM
ExileIzzy
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

C'mon! The Stones on their worst night are better than a local pickup blues band...

Def, but that was some good stuff
19th April 2007 11:07 PM
Steel Wheels I love watching Mick perform the blues. Priceless.
19th April 2007 11:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes great stuff! Thanks Jeep... as far as I remember it was the track which was posted before, I have not seen this clip before
20th April 2007 12:38 AM
Poison Dart This is what the next Stones album + tour should look and sound like.

The business model they have been using from 1989-2007 is tired now.

The public + critics would eat it up if the Stones did a scaled down tour + played some great blues stuff on their next record.

It would outsell ABB 3 to 1.
20th April 2007 02:28 AM
Zack I thought it was going to be the old Stones song with the "shoot your mother in law" line.
20th April 2007 04:11 AM
Jumacfly Great video and great band IMHO, you don t have to be a genious to play the blues, it's a matter of feeling.
20th April 2007 11:33 AM
Brian Jones Girl
quote:
Zack wrote:
I thought it was going to be the old Stones song with the "shoot your mother in law" line.

Yeah I also thought it was the one from Metamorphisis which is a great song too by the way.
20th April 2007 01:24 PM
oldkr everything about that video showed that mick can work the stage no matter what size and without wearing sequins - lets hope this kind of thing is what we all have to look forward to once the 'circus tour' finally ends

OLE'KR
20th April 2007 03:12 PM
padre I think Keef did a better job with the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx2D_WF0ZdU
20th April 2007 03:49 PM
GotToRollMe Oh YEAH...Mick doing "Dust My Broom!" Priceless stuff! Thanks UGot2Rollme!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
20th April 2007 04:07 PM
fireontheplatter he still sounds like mick jagger even when he sings other peoples songs.

that was cool.
20th April 2007 04:15 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
oldkr wrote:
everything about that video showed that mick can work the stage no matter what size and without wearing sequins - lets hope this kind of thing is what we all have to look forward to once the 'circus tour' finally ends

OLE'KR

I'll take Mick's stage clothes, however ridiculous they can be, to his puffy summer linens.
20th April 2007 04:17 PM
glencar Really, man! We have a bunch of sassy fashionistas here lately. I don't care what he wears on stage as long as he sings his heart out.
20th April 2007 04:18 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
padre wrote:
I think Keef did a better job with the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx2D_WF0ZdU

both mick and keiths versions are great....
but this one i think takes the cake......what an awesome jam.

thank you for posting.
20th April 2007 04:20 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Really, man! We have a bunch of sassy fashionistas here lately. I don't care what he wears on stage as long as he sings his heart out.

yeah really....they're starting to act like simon from american idol or something.
20th April 2007 07:32 PM
Soldatti Great version and great look, the black jeans and t-shirts are boring, bring back the white pants again!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)