ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
(Thanks again Gypsy!)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards Return to archive
18th April 2007 08:22 AM
sunnybandyo99 I know that many of you have attended THE ROLLING STONES concert after Keith Richards's operation. I want to that did he loose his touch after the opration? Was he moving arrond the stagea bit. And do u thinj hus voice is husky/melodious?
18th April 2007 08:30 AM
FotiniD Sunny's return post!! Woohoo!!

Sunny my boy, the mythic creature that goes by the name Keith Richards, has reached the point of proving indeed that no conventional or other weapon / device / tree fall can kill him. And concerning his brain function, something that was already disturbed, well, it can't be disturbed even more, if you get what I'm saying, so it's business as usual
18th April 2007 08:40 AM
oldkr i think somebody had crack on their cornflakes this morning!

OLE'KR
18th April 2007 10:56 AM
fireontheplatter i saw them at giants stadium after he had the operation. i had a great seat on the floor. i was all excited, he seemed to be moving around quite well, but when i watch my dvd of this show he is very slow during the 1st part of the show. he is wearing the black trench coat way up until the b stage time....all during the 1st half is is very slow going and does not play a whole whole lot. when they started up the song far away eyes ron wood is on the lap top guitar and playing and i think he looked towards keith and was like wondering what was going on.
but something magical happened when they busted out onto the b stage....i had a 1st row seat and by the time they were done with under my thumb, well let me just say it was a whole other story.
during his 2 songs he did sound raspy, but i think he always sounds like that.
18th April 2007 10:59 AM
Nellcote Sunny?
18th April 2007 11:00 AM
mrhipfl so they don't have any good poison in India?
18th April 2007 11:06 AM
Saint Sway Tony?
18th April 2007 11:06 AM
glencar Lord have mercy, fire & brimstone! Welcome back, Sunny!
18th April 2007 11:49 AM
Saint Sway Keith doesnt return my calls
18th April 2007 01:03 PM
Altamont Husky and melodious!!

18th April 2007 10:50 PM
Steel Wheels Atlantic City was Keith's night. Keith was in all of his glory - firing fat riffs from Gibsons and Fenders.

When the Stones come back to the US after the European leg, you MUST see the band.
18th April 2007 10:55 PM
pdog Keith snorts the ashes of dead people!
19th April 2007 02:37 AM
Lethargy Best I can tell (from reviews by y'all and others) is that he definitely lost is touch early on after the "accident", but that he recovered in a matter of weeks.

Certainly, by the time I saw him in Oakland last year, he was "back", at least in terms of the standard of the last 5 years.
19th April 2007 06:02 AM
Jumping Jack AC was very sweet!!!
23rd April 2007 11:26 PM
monkeyman2 I saw the stones and Keith BC (before crash) in Milwaukee Sept 05, he sounded and looked strong, guitars sounded great and his songs were excellently performed.
I saw the boys Nov 06, sadly Keith did not look good. His two songs he started playing the guitar and then stopped, took off the guitar and tried singing. I've always loved his raspy voice but this was pitiful. He played no guitar in the spotlight.
Now I'm the biggest Keith fan, so it pains me to speak poorly about my guitar hero.
In Phoenix Nov 06, I had floor seats between the main stage and b stage. I actually think that Keith at times plays so poorly that they turn off his sound. I really believe that guy in the background, don't know his name (blondie?) is playing rhythm guitar now! Keith botched up Paint it Black so badly it was barely recognizable, till the rest of the band kicked in and the sound guys turned his sound off.
That said, whoever is playing rhythm guitar (behind the stage) and the band sounded great (minus the great Keith riffs) very tight, Charlie, Daryl, Mick and Ronnie were smokin! If Keith survives and makes it back to US, I'd go see em again. But not with expensive seats.
Keith is realy on his last legs.
Anyone in the band has to be concerned whether they will make it through another leg of the tour.
24th April 2007 01:31 AM
Brainbell Jangler When I saw the Seattle show after the Chicago "stroke scare," Keith played (as many have commented) like a man with something to prove--and he proved it in spades. Keith was back with a vengeance--like you, sunny.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)