ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Eric Hayes
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: St. Louis, MO January 2003 Return to archive
04-10-02 01:28 PM
Patrick DeLassus
This article (excerpt) appeared in Jerry Berger's column
the Post-Dispatch today, 4-10-02. Made my day !!!

p-d columnist
jerry berger

Who did what
to whom, and when? Jerry
knows -- and tells.

MOST RECENT COLUMN

Jerry Berger : Cher is coming to Savvis, as are the
Eagles, Korn, and Rolling Stones

TALK OF THE TOWN: Savvis Center is rocking with
confabs on future concert bookings, including: Cher,
either July 10 or 11; The Eagles and Korn
on separate dates in July; the theatrical production
of "Dragon Tales" (by the "Sesame Street" folks) in
August; and the Rolling Stones in January....

04-10-02 01:50 PM
Jaxx >>>and the Rolling Stones in January....

oh yeah! and that even works in the rumoured timeline. yes, yes. great news. thanks for sharing it with the folks over here!

04-10-02 02:13 PM
nankerphelge Interesting that both Chicago and St Louis are rumored for 2003 -- haven't they generally finished their US dates before December of the year the tour starts before heading overseas? I wonder if this tour will be spread out more.
04-10-02 02:27 PM
Scot Rocks SHOULD BE UK FIRST ANYWAY!!!!! MAYBE THIS TIME
04-10-02 02:44 PM
Joey "Interesting that both Chicago and St Louis are rumored for 2003 -- haven't they generally finished their US dates before December of the year the tour starts before heading overseas? I wonder if this tour will be spread out more ."

Man , you said it . The U.S. dates have usually ended by Christmas . Chicago in January ain't very pretty .

Looks like we are talking arenas for this tour .

Bunny

04-10-02 04:11 PM
nankerphelge Arenas are nice, but there is something magical about seeing them with 65,000 of your closest friends.

Like August 1, 1994 - hot sweaty sticky stinky DC
MMMMMMMMMM

God I wish we'd get some useful info - this waiting shit is for the fucking birds
04-10-02 04:27 PM
Joey "God I wish we'd get some useful info - this waiting shit is for the fucking birds ."

I hear you screaming Nanky . Things have gotten so bad that I am now re-reading " OLD GODS ALMOST DEAD " for the third time .

04-10-02 05:09 PM
Gazza Interesting that both Chicago and St Louis are rumored for 2003 -- haven't they generally finished their US dates before December of the year the tour starts before heading overseas? I wonder if this tour will be spread out more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

usually yeah,but dont forget that the BTB tour finished in st Louis in december 1997 - and then they returned to North America in early january 1998,touring there until mid February 1998

Also heard rumours posted on IORR's board of a show in Tempe,Arizona in january 1998
04-10-02 05:13 PM
nankerphelge Yeah that's true -- but wasn't some of that because of cancellations? I seem to recall that Syracuse was in there somewhere.
04-10-02 05:30 PM
Gazza the April 1998 leg (5 shows in all) was scheduled due to previous postponements,although the three new York shows (14,16 & 17 Jan) were originally meant to take place just before Christmas 1997

After playing Quebec City on 5th January,they postponed shows in Montreal,Toronto and Syracuse due to Mick's sore throat and also due to adverse weather. They rescheduled the shows for April - changing the one stadium Montreal show into two arena shows - and added a concert in Chicago too. (unlike the other 4 shows,that show was the oen with the very high ticket prices - $300 for the top ones - obviously done to test the water for future tours!)

04-10-02 05:55 PM
Joey 'Chicago too. (unlike the other 4 shows,that show was the oen with the very high ticket prices - $300 for the top ones - obviously done to test the water for future tours!) '

And your young Joey was right there , section 105 , dipping his toes into untest waters and then jumping right in with both feet . I paid more than five hundred dollars for my seat by going through a broker .

The show was worth one thousand dollars .

Joey
04-11-02 04:32 AM
marko Well,if they do stadiums during fall,and clubs as well.Then
arenas during winter time?jan-feb,then they move to mexico,
and argentina,brazil,then japan,possibly australia(??),then
they hit europe in may/june.But rumours are telling that
opening shows will be a club gig,followed with 2 arena
shows(philly).Shit,its fantastic to see a real band on stage
again!
04-11-02 07:04 AM
nanky marko (YCB) - it is indeed good to see a real band getting itself readied for the road. Where did you get the two Philly show rumors?
04-11-02 09:37 AM
marko yup,i got that "rumour" from iorr.org
04-11-02 01:33 PM
TomL Drove to one of those cancelled Syacuse shows. Lets get the ball rolling. Big shows are great said the spider to the fly.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.