ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Eric Hayes
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Reposted News: Wolf Gets Rocks Off With Stones Return to archive
04-10-02 09:12 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Posted Posted 04-04-02 07:03 AM http://novogate.com/board/968/63806-1.html

Recently it was posted about Keith as a guest, but now also Mick Jagger will do it!

Wolf Gets Rocks Off With Stones
Jagger, Richards guest on former J. Geils Band singer's new album

Peter Wolf has some mighty big company on his new solo album, Sleepless, as his friends, and Rolling Stones, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger make guest appearances. The album is due out in August.
"We were jamming around, and we did it Chess Records style, live and a full glass," says Wolf of the version of Sonny Boy Williamson's "Too Close Together" that he and Richards recorded. "I had a band waiting for Keith, and it was great because the equipment arrived at four, then we heard Keith was getting in around seven, then came a call around ten, so when the man arrived, he came in and made some hellified music. Then he charmed each and everybody in the studio and then rolled out as the sun was coming up."

Jagger sings on "Nothing but the Wheel," and Wolf caught himself feeling equal parts fan and performer as they recorded the track. "I'm such a fan, it's such a great feeling to witness it as it's going down," says Wolf. "What's really so enjoyable is not just what you're hearing but that you're watching the person you admire going through the process of it."

Wolf recorded the album at Seer Sound in New York City. Steve Earle stopped in to help sing "Some Things You Don't Want to Know." And, throughout the record, Wolf was backed by bassist Tony Garnier and guitarist Larry Campbell (both of Bob Dylan's band).

"I wanted to get these session players, guys who are very talented and had a lot of taste and historical basis," Wolf says, "and put them in a room and say, 'Here, let's tear apart the songs, see which ones are worth working on, slowing down, speeding up, changing keys or trying new arrangements."

Wolf describes himself as a "late bloomer" as a songwriter and credits conversations with the late, great country songsmith Harlan Howard -- the champion of the "three chords and the truth" school of songwriting -- with helping him to finish the song "Growing Pain." "I ended up at his house stretched out on some EZ Boy chair," Wolf says, "and he and I were just chatting about songwriting and relationships, and he explained to me his perspective of keeping it simple and keeping it honest. It had a great impact on me."

Sleepless track listing:

Growing Pain
Nothing but the Wheel
A Lot of Good Ones Gone
Homework
Never Like This Before
Five O'Clock Angel
Run Silent, Run Deep
Hey Jordan
Too Close Together
Some Things You Don't Want to Know
Oh Marianne
Sleepless

COLIN DEVENISH

We had the following replies:

Fabio Hot Stuff Posted 04-04-02 10:59 AM

HMM....this album looks so smart!
I always liked Wolf the beast....
I'M WAITING to got it!

Nellcote Posted 04-04-02 01:37 PM

Besides Mick, there is no more charismatic performer than
Peter Wolf. Back in the 70's, here in New England, concerts of the "Mighty J. Geils Band" were legendary for their duration, which usually clocked in at 3:30-4 hours long, with multiple encores. Wolf was a disc jockey at the famous WBCN, where his shows were filled with Muddy, Howlin, Sonny Boy, right along side with Hank Williams, The Supremes, etc. Radio as it used to be!

Great to hear info on this cd, sorry to hear it was pushed back to August, from April. Then again, this has haunted Wolf during his solo carrer.

WOOFA GOOFA
MAMA TOOFA
GET IT ALRIGHT
GET IT ALL NIGHT
GET DOWN BABY!

WHAMMER JAMMER CAN YA DIG IT???

Nellcote

VoodooChileInWOnderl Posted 04-04-02 07:42 PM

BTW, on the 1982 European Tour, Peter Wolf formed a doo-wap group called The Original Carltones featuring Keith Richards on vocals.

gypsy Posted 04-04-02 11:01 PM

How long was Wolf married to Faye Dunaway? God, that totally blew my image of Wolf...

Tom Posted 04-05-02 02:17 AM

Also Mick is a guest in Peter Wolf's album "Lights Out" on the song Pretty Lady

End of thread

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.