ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Pope Is In The Building Return to archive
April 19th, 2005 12:06 PM
Nellcote Bells ringing in St. Peters sq. at this time...
April 19th, 2005 12:19 PM
egon shouldn't that be "church"?
April 19th, 2005 12:29 PM
Madafaka Habemus Papam!
April 19th, 2005 12:33 PM
telecaster Voodoo?
April 19th, 2005 12:43 PM
Nellcote Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger is Pope
April 19th, 2005 12:45 PM
Madafaka Yeap!
April 19th, 2005 12:57 PM
Doxa Ain't him quite a conservative guy? They call him the "Rotweiler of God" and "Armour cardinal", and I suppose not for nothing...

- Doxa
April 19th, 2005 01:00 PM
Moonisup well, he's conservative, but he's also 78, so in a few years, we have another one

His nick was also: the panzer cardinal

panzer? that's a tank right (A)? And yes, he was in the hitler youth, but OK, every german was
[Edited by Moonisup]
April 19th, 2005 01:10 PM
Doxa And I can not resist the tease to remind that he used to belong to Hitler Jugend as a kid...

- Doxa
April 19th, 2005 01:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Bells ringing in St. Peters sq. at this time...

Pope Keith John Moon III
April 19th, 2005 01:51 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I was kind of hoping for Pope George Ringo I.
April 19th, 2005 04:41 PM
kath http://www.undergroundfilm.org/film...0968&oftype=lar

get down, get funky.....

April 19th, 2005 05:18 PM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
Doxa wrote:
And I can not resist the tease to remind that he used to belong to Hitler Jugend as a kid...

- Doxa

Your point being?
Do you even know what the Hitler Jugend was?
April 19th, 2005 05:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Doxa wrote:
And I can not resist the tease to remind that he used to belong to Hitler Jugend as a kid...

- Doxa

I doubt that at the age of about 12, he had much of a say in the matter!
April 19th, 2005 05:33 PM
gustavobala the name

"adolf I", the nazi-pope...lol
April 19th, 2005 05:35 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Never understood what all the fuss is about.
April 19th, 2005 05:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
Never understood what all the fuss is about.

Amen !

I can't WAIT to pay ' Lip Service ' to THIS Pope like I did for some twenty odd years with the last one .

THE JACKY , Established 1999 !!!!
April 19th, 2005 07:35 PM
glencar Congrats to Benedict XVI!
April 19th, 2005 09:09 PM
Soldatti Let's see what happens.
April 19th, 2005 11:25 PM
time is on my side As the only non-Catholic in my family, I congratulate Benedict XVI on his election and wish him only the best regardless of politics (must admit the family members were hoping for the first Latin American pope)
April 20th, 2005 04:40 AM
Doxa
quote:
TornAndFrayed wrote:

Your point being?
Do you even know what the Hitler Jugend was?

Point? Absolutely nada.. I just found it a fascinating little fact that - as I said - I couldn't resist mentioning. Or is that sort of thing that everybody should be "hush hush"? To me it just makes the guy more interesting (if you have in your mind a fear that it makes him "worse" or gives him a bad brand or something)

About my knowledge of the Hitler Jugend, I do know something about it, but I am not a historian, so perhaps you could inform me a bit, if you feel like? But perhaps not in this forum.

- Doxa
April 20th, 2005 05:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
Doxa wrote:

Point? Absolutely nada.. I just found it a fascinating little fact that - as I said - I couldn't resist mentioning. Or is that sort of thing that everybody should be "hush hush"? To me it just makes the guy more interesting (if you have in your mind a fear that it makes him "worse" or gives him a bad brand or something)

About my knowledge of the Hitler Jugend, I do know something about it, but I am not a historian, so perhaps you could inform me a bit, if you feel like? But perhaps not in this forum.

- Doxa

I dont think anyone is suggesting it's "hush hush". Anyone with a basic knowledge of German history would know that at that time ALL children of a certain age were obliged to join the Hitler Youth whether they or their parents wanted them to or not. Theres a hell of a difference between that and being a member of the Nazi party

Personally,I find it more interesting that after being conscripted into the German army, he chose to desert.

I fail to see what your point is in 'teasing' Germans about someone's non-existent Nazi past.
April 20th, 2005 10:23 AM
Doxa
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I dont think anyone is suggesting it's "hush hush". Anyone with a basic knowledge of German history would know that at that time ALL children of a certain age were obliged to join the Hitler Youth whether they or their parents wanted them to or not. Theres a hell of a difference between that and being a member of the Nazi party

Personally,I find it more interesting that after being conscripted into the German army, he chose to desert.

I fail to see what your point is in 'teasing' Germans about someone's non-existent Nazi past.

Well well, this topic seems to be red-hot.. is mentioning the word "Hitler" that causes the storm?

Anyway, I didn't claim anything like "Pope is ex-Nazi". That seems to be implicated by someone else. I just find it a delicious historical co-incuidence - let me explicate myself one more time - that the new head of The Holy Roman-Catholic Church belonged to Hitler Jugend as a kid (like all his contemporary generation of kids - yes, we all know that). This ironical little odd fact suited quite 'nicely' to the other features I have heard of this man: his nicknames are "God's Rottweiler", "Panzar Cardinal", he used to be an inquisitor, he is a ultra-conservatist, gives a shit about other religions than Christianity, condemns feminism... quite a character I would say.

Gazza, I really don't understand what do you mean by myself "teasing Germans about someone's non-existent Nazi-past"? Am I teasing Germans? Am I crossing somewhere the unvisible border of political correctness? If I do, that's not intentional.

- Doxa
April 20th, 2005 10:32 AM
Stray Cat UK Never mind the Nazi jibes...........

I understand he has declared Rock music as EVIL.

He must have heard Sympathy on the Vatican radio !

sc uk
April 20th, 2005 10:52 AM
Joey
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:

He must have heard Sympathy on the Vatican radio !

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by Joey]
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour