ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Elvis Live @ MSG Return to archive
April 15th, 2005 02:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Man, that guy could sing.
April 15th, 2005 02:32 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Artist: Elvis Presley Lyrics
Song: Heartbreak Hotel Lyrics

Now since my baby left me I've found a new place to dwell:
down at the end of Lonely Street at Heartbreak Hotel.
I'm so lonely, I'm so lonely,
I'm so lonely that I could die.

And though it's always crowded you can still find some room
for broken hearted lovers to cry there in the gloom
and be so lonely, oh so lonely,
oh so lonely they could die.

The bell hop's tears keep flowing, the desk clerk's dressed in black.
They been so long on Lonely Street they never will go back
and they're so lonely, oh they're so lonely,
they're so lonely they pray to die.

So if your baby leaves and you have a tale to tell
just take a walk down Lonely Street to Heartbreak Hotel
where you'll be lonely and I'll be lonely,
we'll be so lonely that we could die.
April 15th, 2005 04:10 AM
MidnightRambler Wish I was at those MSG shows.

Good thing we have 2 recordings to give us an idea as to how freakin great it could have been to be there.

I wish Elvis was still alive so he could sell out MSG again...
April 15th, 2005 04:47 AM
Gazza I think that was actually the first Elvis album I ever went out and bought.

It was a strange release, actually. RCA were so keen to get into the stores that they rush-released it without any 'grooves' on the vinyl, so you couldnt tell where one track ended and the next one began. They had the front and back covers printed in advance of the concert itself

It was actually on sale in the shops within one week of the concerts taking place.

Great version of "Never been to spain"!
April 15th, 2005 01:25 PM
padre When was this recorded? Is this some new and great release?
April 15th, 2005 01:37 PM
Gazza June 1972
No..its an old album. Like I said, it came out a week after it was recorded

After Elvis died, RCA released "An afternoon in the garden" which was the matinee show from the same day.
April 15th, 2005 11:55 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! My first concet was Elvis when I was 6 years old and the impact that show has had on my life has been great. Even at that age I could tell that I was seeing something very special that would remain with me throughout my life.
April 16th, 2005 02:15 AM
Dutch Michael D. i need your help guys, i saw the DVD Elvis aloha from hawaii, satelite, and the guitarist in the band with the |Pink telecaster guitar, what is his name? is it Jmaes Burton? he's great !

Ciao
April 16th, 2005 04:53 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Yes it's James Burton and he is indeed fantastic. I was just listening to this album today and he plays some really tasty stuff throughout. If fact the entire band is great, Jerry Shift on bass Johnny Wilkerson on rhythm guitar and Ronnie Tieanten(?) on drums. J.D Summer and The Stamps and The Sweet Inspirations doing back up vocals. This was a really tight band and much over looked because of Elvis, but they certainly should have due respect.
April 16th, 2005 05:22 PM
Gazza Ronnie Tutt and Jerry Scheff were the guys you're referring to. A great set of musicians indeed

That concert you saw when you were 6...I'm curious (as well as jealous) as to when and where it was?
April 16th, 2005 08:56 PM
glencar I bought the MSG CD a few years back. Joshy & I bonded over his music. "American Trilogy" is amazing.
April 17th, 2005 02:12 AM
Happy Motherfucker!!
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ronnie Tutt and Jerry Scheff were the guys you're referring to. A great set of musicians indeed

That concert you saw when you were 6...I'm curious (as well as jealous) as to when and where it was?

It was at the Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke Virginia, 1972.
I also seen him again there in 76' and had tickets to see him in 77', but he died one week before the concert. What a bummer that was.
April 17th, 2005 08:56 AM
Gazza Cool. I think there's some film from Roanoke in the movie "Elvis On Tour", although its not concert footage
April 17th, 2005 09:22 AM
mac_daddy ron tutt played with jerry garcia, too...
April 17th, 2005 11:47 AM
glencar
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:

It was at the Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke Virginia, 1972.
I also seen him again there in 76' and had tickets to see him in 77', but he died one week before the concert. What a bummer that was.

If you saved that ticket, it's probably worth a fortune.
April 17th, 2005 12:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
If you saved that ticket, it's probably worth a fortune.

I have a lock of Elvis's hair. I'll sell it real cheap.
April 17th, 2005 12:08 PM
glencar Pubic?
April 17th, 2005 12:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels No, it was cut off his sideburns, according to the Certificate of Authenticity.
April 17th, 2005 12:24 PM
glencar Most sideburns don't consist of curly yet brittle little hairs, ya know. I'd be very careful.
April 17th, 2005 12:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Don't be so technical. I'll let you have it for $5,000, cash only.
April 17th, 2005 07:53 PM
mac_daddy dig this!

Elvis Presley ''Old Times They Are Not Forgotten'' recorded; August 30, 1976, Tuscaloosa, Ala. Soundboard source; cd-EAC-dBPowerAMP MC-FLAC set-list; 1 Also Sprach Zarathustra 2 See See Rider 3 I Got A Woman/Amen 4 Love Me 5 If You Love Me Let Me Know 6 You Gave Me A Mountain 7 All Shook Up 8 Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel 9 And I Love You So 10 Jailhouse Rock 11 Fever 12 America, The Beaautiful 13 Introductions 14 Early Morning Rain 15 What'd I Say 16 Johnny B. Goode 17 Introductions 18 Love Letters 19 Introductions 20 Hail Hail Rock n Roll 21 Hurt 22 Hound Dog 23 Heavenly Father* 24 Mystery Train/Tiger Man 25 Can't Help Falling In Love 26 Closing Vamp *performed by Kathy Westmoreland Again not the best performance from our MAN. But you aint gonna believe the soundquality. For the first i saw this cd, i had my doubts. I thought, ''O no, not again a audience recording''. But the cd-seller told me; '' Believe me, you aint gonna beleive youre ears, when you listen to this concert''. Still having my doubts, i bought it. And at home listening to it, the guy was right. This is truly the best sounding soundboard released. At least , thats my opinion. But you'll find out. ENJOY!!!

ezt
April 17th, 2005 09:56 PM
Taptrick

I saw Elvis at Keil auditorium in St. Louis - third row. I was in kindergarten or first grade.

April 18th, 2005 01:09 AM
Happy Motherfucker!!
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Cool. I think there's some film from Roanoke in the movie "Elvis On Tour", although its not concert footage

Yes, you're right there in footage in "Elvis On Tour" from Roanoke. The footage shows Elvis's plane landing at the airport, then the city mayor enters the plane and presents Elvis with a guitar made of flowers, which he proceeds to break the neck off of as soon as it is handed to him! It then shows Elvis shaking people's hands at the airport and also kissing a little baby girl, pretty cool huh.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour