ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: David Johansen is in my radio station right fucking now! Return to archive
April 14th, 2005 02:41 PM
Riffhard Yes,that's right,David Jo is in the production studio recording a show to air this Sunday night on my station. I'm about to go on-air in mere moments and he will be stopping in to visit my show soon. I'm pretty pumped about it to be sure! I will post the pictures when I get them downloaded! I just stepped out back and was BSing with him while he was taking a break from tapeing. What a great and very funny cat ol' Dave is!

Riffhard
April 14th, 2005 02:49 PM
nankerphelge Saw him open for the Who in '82 along with The Clash.
Bet he wants to smoke a spliffy with Riffy!!

April 14th, 2005 02:54 PM
luxury1 That is pretty cool Riffy. I think he and Mick resemble each other at times. I have this VERY old small pin/button that reads "Funky But Chic" --it is on the luggage I bring to Stones shows.
April 14th, 2005 03:00 PM
Riffhard You better know I would in New York Dolls minute Nanky! He's so damned skinny I can't believe it! He makes Jagger look heavy! That's no shit! A great guy! He does look alot like Mick with his long hair these days.

Riffhard
April 14th, 2005 03:10 PM
Martha Riffy, you, my friend are too cool for school!

Waiting impatiently for the shots to post!

:-)
April 14th, 2005 03:24 PM
FPM C10 Hey, tell him me and Erica think he's the bees knees!

Seriously. He's one of America's true treasures.

Tell him that we'll see him at the Trocadero!

AND- ask him if he's writing/recording with Hubert Sumlin. I just read that in CREEM.
[Edited by FPM C10]
April 14th, 2005 04:09 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew Tell ol' Buster I said hey...friggin sellout
April 14th, 2005 04:31 PM
Surround Sister Riffhard, nice, so cool with Johansen.
I´m also a radio man.
Something to talk about at the right occassion; you give us a summary of Dolls-Dave, right?
Could we listen to you at web radio?
April 14th, 2005 04:31 PM
Nellcote Riffy, ask him to sing
Hot Hot Hot, the anthem of any cruise ship director...
April 14th, 2005 04:42 PM
Riffhard David just left. What a gent he is. Sellout? I sure as hell don't know how you can call the man a sellout. I mean shit the guy has just finished a series of shows with Hubert Sumlin for fuck's sake! He is also bringing The Dolls back on the road. You can call him alot of things,but sellout ain't one of them. The whole Buster Poindexter deal was a joke that many people that David knows got,and apparently some others didn't.

Yes,Surround Sister,you can tune in and hear me via the internet. Go to www.wrat.com and click the "Listen Live" icon. I'm on right now in fact. I'll be on until 7pm EST. (about 2 1/2 more hours) I'll give the good people of Rocks Off a shout soon. I did that last week for all the good folks over at The Couch (www.maxlugar.com) and it went over like gangbusters! Tune in!

Riffhard
April 14th, 2005 07:49 PM
glencar Still love David Johannsen. I bought some live album of his in the early 80's & wore the grooves out on the folks' crappy console stereo. LOL
April 14th, 2005 08:13 PM
sammy davis jr. Anyone know where to get a copy of Live It Up- a live album from the 80's.....it's out of print!!
April 14th, 2005 08:21 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Anyone know where to get a copy of Live It Up- a live album from the 80's.....it's out of print!!

There are eight copies of it on eBay right now. Vinyl only - I guess it never came out on CD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4719599466&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
April 14th, 2005 08:38 PM
mac_daddy his sacd with the harry smiths is fantastic! there is a hubert sumlin tune on that, too...

April 14th, 2005 08:44 PM
LadyJane Outstanding Riffy!! I've always been fond of Dave. He DOES have that Mick-ish look!! The Dolls were so cool.

Ahhh.....the "old" days.

LJ.
April 15th, 2005 07:41 AM
FPM C10
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
his sacd with the harry smiths is fantastic! there is a hubert sumlin tune on that, too...

Is the sacd different from the regular releases? I have the self-titled first one, and "Shaker". Both are GREAT. The fact that they were produced by the same guy who gave us "Personality Crisis" and "Trash" and "Bad Girl" and "Subway Train" and all the other great Dolls tunes is just amazing, imo.

Like I said, an american treasure!
April 15th, 2005 08:41 AM
UGot2Rollme request to Riffhard:
Play Frenchette

"You say your love is French, but it's just Frenchette. I've been to France, so let's just dance."

great tune

April 15th, 2005 09:44 AM
glencar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

There are eight copies of it on eBay right now. Vinyl only - I guess it never came out on CD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4719599466&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Wrong. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002Z72/qid=1113572626/sr=1-14/ref=sr_1_14/002-5542579-1372054?v=glance&s=music
April 15th, 2005 10:22 AM
Surround Sister Riffhard;
You do exactly the same when going to http://www.guld.nu/ to hear my station (which I´m only freelancing at from time to time). A nostalgia station, 50´s, 60´s, 70´s music. "Snabbval" (tiny window on left side) "Lyssna live!", almost 100% English & American music, only some songs a day are Swedish (good too).
April 15th, 2005 12:48 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:

Wrong. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002Z72/qid=1113572626/sr=1-14/ref=sr_1_14/002-5542579-1372054?v=glance&s=music

There was a palpable sense of glee in your response.

I stand corrected. There are 2 copies available on CD, for the low low price of $75 and $99.

$75???

Good work finding them! How you doing on the WMDs?

April 15th, 2005 01:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Flea...

Got my Troc tix. Guess who is going with me.....

Yep. Uncle John.

I'm off this weekend, so I'll try to get with you guys to talk about tentative plans.
April 15th, 2005 02:13 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey Flea...

Got my Troc tix. Guess who is going with me.....

Yep. Uncle John.

I'm off this weekend, so I'll try to get with you guys to talk about tentative plans.

(This is all semi-private stuff of no particular interest to anyone but US, but so what.)

WOW! Cool!

Also going for sure: Me & E (of course), Scott & Danny H., and I knew he would screw around til the last minute so last night I got online and got Brownie a ticket. I'll check on Gregg tonight.

I can't BELIEVE this show didn't sell out in 10 freaking minutes but I'm glad it didn't. This is going to be SOOOOO incredible!!!!! And somehow seeing them in an old burlesque house just makes it all the more perfect.

This is going to be better than the Sex Pistols. And you know how great that was.
April 16th, 2005 03:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot >This is going to be better than the Sex Pistols. And you know how great that was.<

Well, I know how great that outdoor gig in NYC was last summer...and I expect this will be better than that. Ugh. I can't even think about this yet...I may end up with a heart attack.

Dolls and Stones in the same summer. This is gonna be a VERY good year.
April 18th, 2005 03:37 PM
Saint Sway any word if Izzy is onboard for the upcoming Dolls shows?
April 18th, 2005 03:47 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
any word if Izzy is onboard for the upcoming Dolls shows?

No, he's not. Steve Conte is playing guitar, as he did last summer. And as David Jo says on the DVD, "I think he's fuckin' doin' a great fuckin' job."

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour