ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie back in rehab ? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 14th, 2005 12:45 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Look, I'm not "here" to "debate" you. I will say this, though: When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away ballbagistical Mick Taylorish things. ‑ 1 Corinthians 13:11

"Hit me, Ronald!"

That was a good posting Moonie! Bless you my brother!
April 14th, 2005 01:03 PM
telecaster I think Noel Gallagher should replace Ronnie
April 14th, 2005 01:11 PM
Mel Belli I think Mathijs could do a far better job - and I've never even heard him play.
April 14th, 2005 05:42 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
And even when they're on a bad night, they're ten times better than much of the newer acts.

No way. I love you dearly Fotini, but: no, never. I have a habit of distinguishing reality from wish/nostalgia. Especially with these ticket prices ...

Last tour Ronnie was drunk/stoned out of his mind, and barely audible (if he was audible his playing was embarrassing) lots of times. So was Keith's for that matter. It saddens me to say it, but it saddens me even more to hear it. Last tour only few of the 15 shows I visited were good/very good. It'll only get worse I'm afraid, although I hope they'll prove me wrong this coming tour. I do have faith in Mick and Charlie. Especially Mick was phenomenal last tour!

The Stones on a bad night are no way better than some of the newer bands (even on *their* worst night). IMO of course .
April 14th, 2005 10:28 PM
Soldatti Ronnie back in reahab?
Good news: The tour will start soon.
April 14th, 2005 10:46 PM
corgi37 At the 2nd Melbourne show, Ronnie was away with the fairies for the first 1/2 of the set. Mick even asked him if he wanted to "take 5". It was not all his fault, as he seemed to be having hassles with his equipment. I could not hear him at all on most songs. During "HAPPY" all he did was spin around on his chair. I did not hear 1 slide note come from him.

Why cant Blondie replace him? I mean, he's all but replaced Keith.
April 14th, 2005 11:06 PM
CraigP Well, well... Ron, what are we going to do with you man?
Prancing around with a stuffed animal onstage in front of 10's of thousands paying so much to see your lasy ass... What a drunken classic.

Don't get me wrong people, I love RonWood. He IS a stone. I just get upset when he just stands there idle when he could be rocking ever so hard. My advice to him would be: Turn your goddamn guitar up, turn your distortion up and PLAY!
Get the crowd jumping! Fists pumping! It's what all us kid's want.

I think the reason that the Stones picked him is because he is no competition with Keith Richards which is good for Keith's ego. If Ron played like a real rockstar, Keith would turn his guitar up, and actually make the F***ing thing scream. Ron leaves Keith in a lacklustre "I'm tired" state. Throw Keith a damn curveball, play a fucking power-chord if you're lazy, do something! Enough talk about "weaving". Do it!

Ronnie, you get all my best wishes for a full recovery.
I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be.
He should never be replaced though...

Get rid of the horns, the back-up singers, that suck-ass Chuck Leavell, that thing Blondie Chaplin and rock out.
THAT is the key to getting younger fans, kepping old ones and not being a Ritzy, shiny "Vegas act" covered in plastic.

[Edited by CraigP]
April 15th, 2005 04:58 AM
Gazza see Prism's post here :

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/210497-1.html

hopefully, nothing to get overly alarmed about
[Edited by Gazza]
April 15th, 2005 08:22 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

No way. I love you dearly Fotini, but: no, never. I have a habit of distinguishing reality from wish/nostalgia. Especially with these ticket prices ...

Last tour Ronnie was drunk/stoned out of his mind, and barely audible (if he was audible his playing was embarrassing) lots of times. So was Keith's for that matter. It saddens me to say it, but it saddens me even more to hear it. Last tour only few of the 15 shows I visited were good/very good. It'll only get worse I'm afraid, although I hope they'll prove me wrong this coming tour. I do have faith in Mick and Charlie. Especially Mick was phenomenal last tour!

The Stones on a bad night are no way better than some of the newer bands (even on *their* worst night). IMO of course .

I think you're right Angie and I surely see your point, BUT...

I can't be objective with the Stones when I'm there, listening to the music *live*. It saddens me too that Keith's playing ain't at all what it used to be or that Ronnie snaps in and out of addictions all the time and the whole horns, fireworks, Vegas section... But...

I still feel great at their shows. I don't get that excitement with other acts. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy other gigs and all, but the Stones, heck, they're the Stones. It's not just the past. You got one of the greatest frontmen on earth up there and Charlie Watts on drums and for crying out loud, Keith Richards. And ok, so what if he doesn't play as well and loud as he used to? I still love this band. I love the fact they're still here. I can't be objective when it comes to the Stones

Of course, had they called it quits after Exile and Mick moving on to film making or attending cricket matches, we'd all remember them as this great band with the amazing live performances etc. etc. But I don't mind. I'm a little more than greatful that they're still around and I got a chance to see them, and I may get a chance to see them again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we got high expectations of the Stones, but perhaps the importance of the fact that they're still playing (even with their flaws) is often overlooked. Well anyway, it's their fault, they made us have all these expectations

Well, I talk too much and talk is cheap I too can't wait to see what this new tour's gonna bring.
April 15th, 2005 10:45 AM
Joey " Ah, those thrilling days of yesteryear....
I'd like nothing better than driving my 65 Fairlane convertible, with 12 speakers blaring out "Welcome to NY" on 8 track,whilst polishing off ......... "

< ------ *********** WTF ?!?! ************************

Man , you said it little buddy !!!!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLY ancient reference lost on all posters under forty !!!!!

...are you SURE you are not going to see MACCA this fall ?!?!

Get Ready .................Wait for it !!!! ...........Oh , you just KNOW it is coming !!!!!!!! :

**** PLOP *****

Sniggles ! ™

April 15th, 2005 11:19 AM
Gazza Joey!

Good news!

I'll be able to make it to the "Brazen Head" tonight!!

[Edited by Gazza]
April 15th, 2005 11:42 AM
Joey [quote]Gazza wrote:
Joey!

Good news!

I'll be able to make it to the "Brazen Head" tonight!!"

Gazza ...........................................

This is wonderful news !!!!! However , I will not be in attendance as I believe the " Turf Men " are performing at THE BRAZEN HEAD tonight ( they are one of those ' Irish Music ' bands that I can't tkae more than ten minutes of ..... ) . Please say hello to Shannon & Meghan this evening as I believe they are both ' closing ' ( please tell Meghan to lay off the ' BarenJager ' ) .

However , we are all meeting up this evening at " Mr. Toads " around ' Ten-ish ' . Bring your drinking shoes as three of me mates will be celebrating HARD in anticipation of their upcoming " Denver , C0 - THE PEPSI CENTER U2 CONCERT " next week ........

Developing ..................................

W- W- W- What ?!?! ...............Oh , sure ! :

http://www.thewho.org/photos.htm

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jazzy Joe Wolcott ! ™

April 15th, 2005 11:45 AM
Gazza Fucking typical. I fly 5,000 miles and you go somewhere else. I'll be getting back on the plane and going straight home in protest.

The "Turf Men". Christ. I can only imagine how hideous THAT is even going by the name.....
[Edited by Gazza]
April 15th, 2005 11:50 AM
Joey " Fucking typical. I fly 5,000 miles and you go somewhere else. I'll be getting back on the plane and going straight home in protest. "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" The "Turf Men". Christ. I can only imagine how hideous THAT is even going by the name..... "

Oh , it's hideous alright -- like listening to side two of " It's Hard " or the entire " Dirty Work " album .

On a brighter note , I just upgraded my QWEST CENTER U2 ticket to section 102 , Row 5 , right by the side of the stage -- YES !!!!!!!!!

Er , you are coming to the gig I hope ?! ...

W- W- What ?!?! ....Oh , sure ! :

http://www.qwestcenteromaha.com/arena/seating_U2.htm

JACKY ! ™

[ Edited by Josh ]

[Edited by Joey]
April 15th, 2005 11:51 AM
egon it's Friday,

What will young joey be doing tonight?
April 15th, 2005 11:52 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
it's Friday,

What will young joey be doing tonight?

One word My Baby Egon :

" JAGGERBOMBS " !!!!!!!!!

..................and you's ?!?!?!
April 15th, 2005 11:54 AM
egon you can thank me later:

www.playerappreciate.com
April 15th, 2005 11:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:
Oh , it's hideous alright -- like listening to side two of " It's Hard " or the entire " Dirty Work " album .

dont be so down on "Its Hard". It contains "I've Known No War" which is the only song I know of that mentions my surname in the lyrics.
April 15th, 2005 11:59 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

dont be so down on "Its Hard". It contains "I've Known No War" which is the only song I know of that mentions my surname in the lyrics.

What's a ' surname ' ?!?!?!

Oh , forget it !!! Here ! :

" The Brazen Head of Omaha, in its entirety, was established to emulate the rich tradition, which has made the authenticate Irish pubs across Ireland famous. Thus, we chose the oldest and most revered pub in Dublin as our paradigm. The Brazen Head on Bridge Street was for centuries the site of much plotting and intrigue as revolutionaries of different eras found it a safe haven in which to conspire.
Robert Emmet, Daniel O'Connell and Tim Healy, among others, drank and planned within its ancient walls.
The establishment was built in 1198 A.D. at the head of the River Liffey, where the Norman soldiers guarded the gate that provided the only access into Dublin. On cold, damp nights, these soldiers would warm their hands over brazers (barrels of fire). Therefore, they named this hotel/pub in Dublin the Brazen Head, for the location at the head of the River Liffey and for the "brazers" that the soldiers uses to warm their hands.

rish pub culture is unique. In its varied facets, the Irish pub has for many, many generations been the fulcrum of social life. The Brazen Head Irish Pub has several themes: traditional Irish Country Cottage, Victorian Style, Pub Shop and the Smoke Room. All were faithfully and expertly designed by Gemmel, Griffen & Dunbar Ltd. of Dublin, Ireland.

The bar was designed in Dublin, built in Wexford, Ireland and then shipped over to the United States. The bar was then reassembled under the supervision of Irish joiners. A variety of expertise in crafts were required to make the ideal pub. Michael Griffen had the gifted ability to design the perfect pub, including the beautiful back bars, unique ceilings, mosaic floors, bric-a-brac and genuine antique memorabilia that were necessary to create the essential ambience and atmosphere of the pub. And all of the beautiful woodwork was hand-carved by B. Dunbar & Sons, third generation joiners. "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacky T.

[ Edited by Cuz ]

[Edited by Joey]
April 17th, 2005 06:51 PM
texile i love ronnie - he was important on some girls...........
then he got lazy - it ain't just the alcohol, he's never seemed to give a shit.
say what you will about mt, but max is correct;
i listen to welcome to australia.............and ronnie just fades away.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour