ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie back in rehab ? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 14th, 2005 05:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels RONNIE WOOD 'BACK IN REHAB'

THE ROLLING STONES rocker RONNIE WOOD is reportedly back in rehabilitation after he relapsed into his hard-drinking ways last month (MAR05).

The 57-year-old guitarist has battled his addiction to alcohol for years and this latest attempt to sober up, marks the fourth time in the past five years, reports British newspaper THE SUN.

The paper claims Wood is in an Irish clinic after he started drinking at his wife JO's 50th birthday party.

His spokesman says, "Ronnie has gone to get some rest, chill out and get himself in top shape before the forthcoming Rolling Stones tour which kicks off later this year (05)."

14/04/2005 09:38
contactmusic.com

April 14th, 2005 05:10 AM
luxury1 Words from Mick, I imagine...

Only I dont think being sober helped his playing all that much last tour.
April 14th, 2005 05:52 AM
IanBillen
If this is infact true. It is a possibility he checked himself in, or at the advice of someone eles told him to in order to get back to the no drinking mode being as of July he will probably be with The Stones rolling from state to state and country to country until some time in 2006. I am sure he needs to very much get in a good frame of mind and needs alot of reminders about now. I am not entirely sure he has totally jumped on the wagon again. This may just be a good shot in the arm for him before he goes off and does his thing.

Ian
April 14th, 2005 05:56 AM
waaghals If it's in the Sun you better believe it's true. It's a serious newspaper, isn't it?...Bla bla bla!!!
April 14th, 2005 06:23 AM
Gazza I wouldnt be surprised that it's true. The nature of the condition plus Ronnie's history of relapses would suggest this kind of thing can happen. I'd agree with what Ian says actually (there you go, it sometimes happens )

He was clean and sober during his solo gig last month and maybe any lapse was indeed a one off. However, he has a busy year or so ahead with a lot of temptation in front of him and it could be that he's just needing a 'refresher' of sorts to get him into the right shape for a tour.
[Edited by Gazza]
April 14th, 2005 08:42 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
I'd agree with what Ian says actually (there you go, it sometimes happens )

god d*mn! a pig just flew by my window - wings and all!!!
April 14th, 2005 08:57 AM
J.J.Flash I wonder if the Sun is that serious or has just become a another cocksucking tabloid....Evil people....those papparazis are evil....scum of the universe.

I was really chocked when I glanced over it.
April 14th, 2005 09:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I wonder if the Sun is that serious or has just become a another cocksucking tabloid

both. (it hasnt 'become' one..it always was).

For all the understandable ridicule and scorn over their type of journalism, they DO break a lot of stories and exclusives, as all tabloids do. They wouldnt sell 4 million papers a day if everything they printed was made up. It's not like it's the 'National Enquirer' or the 'Daily Sport' (which is the closest equivalent in the UK)
April 14th, 2005 09:35 AM
Maxlugar Check out these clean and sober pics of Woody playing with Jeff Beck last year!

I especially like the clean and sober shot of him sitting on the drum stand, mid song, looking like he's going to puke.

Friggin' looser.

Bring back the fat moody guy who can still play and fire this burnt out bar rag.

http://www.ainian.com/jb11.html (Scroll down)

MACKY!
April 14th, 2005 09:47 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Check out these clean and sober pics of Woody playing with Jeff Beck last year!

I especially like the clean and sober shot of him sitting on the drum stand, mid song, looking like he's going to puke.

Friggin' looser.

Bring back the fat moody guy who can still play and fire this burnt out bar rag.

MACKY!

The same discussion again?!?!?!? I say we all make an effort to find an original topic this tour around as opposed to "Woody or Taylor" and "Is this going to be last time?"

Seriously, what do you expect Macky? They won't make any lineup changes again. This is the Stones now. Forget the seventies. And I like it, yes I do. I liked Woody's playing last tour round.

And what about Keith? Is Keith his 70's self? Of course not! And I don't expect that when I turn up at a Stones gig, for crying out loud. 40 years later, we should just snap out of it and thank our lucky stars these guys are still around. And even when they're on a bad night, they're ten times better than much of the newer acts.

They are the originals, the frigging prototypes. Good enough for me.
April 14th, 2005 09:53 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Check out these clean and sober pics of Woody playing with Jeff Beck last year!

Friggin' looser.

MACKY!

Thank you for the link Mr. Lugar.
April 14th, 2005 10:05 AM
Maxlugar [quote]FotiniD wrote:

The same discussion again?!?!?!?

Yeah so what?

Facts is facts. Ronnie blows.

Bring in the gorgeous fingerings of Mick Taylor.

His liquid smooth playing evokes images of rain soaked pebbles rolling downhill into a glistening pool of cool water, stained amber-orange from fall leaves of memories past.

The time is now to dump that clowning drunk and bring back our lost treasure!

It doesn’t matter how many times this topic comes up.

Ronnie just keeps on getting worse…

April 14th, 2005 10:10 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Yeah so what?

Facts is facts. Ronnie blows.

Bring in the gorgeous fingerings of Mick Taylor.

His liquid smooth playing evokes images of rain soaked pebbles rolling downhill into a glistening pool of cool water, stained amber-orange from fall leaves of memories past.

The time is now to dump that clowning drunk and bring back our lost treasure!

It doesn’t matter how many times this topic comes up.

Ronnie just keeps on getting worse…

The guy QUIT. What should they do, beg Mr. Perfect to come back? I don't think so. I don't care if his guitar skills are the best around. The Stones aren't all musical dexterity in my book.
[Edited by FotiniD]
April 14th, 2005 10:25 AM
Maxlugar [quote]FotiniD wrote:

The guy QUIT. What should they do, beg Mr. Perfect to come back? I don't think so. I don't care if his guitar skills are the best around. The Stones aren't all musical dexterity in my book.

Well maybe that's why I'm just a better Stones fan than you.

M! A! C! K! Y!
April 14th, 2005 10:36 AM
Factory Girl Yeah, I'm sure the Stones are still trying to convince Taylor to come back...rotfl.

Ronnie is a Stone, and a Stone he will remain.
April 14th, 2005 10:48 AM
Maxlugar The only thing stone-like about Ronnie is his liver!

Please!

He's a rooster haired Faces member!

He's a slightly harder rocking Bay City Roller!

Mick Taylor was getting ripped off by Mick and Keith. Anyone with talent and balls would have told them to stick it too.

Now the time has come for The Glimmer Twins to go back on their hands and knees and french kiss Mick Taylor's puckered and bloated bung hole.

April 14th, 2005 10:51 AM
Factory Girl Its disturbing that you have visualized Mick T's rear-exit.
April 14th, 2005 10:55 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Its disturbing that you have visualized Mick T's rear-exit.

It's better than thinking about Ronnie's playing.

MACKY!
April 14th, 2005 11:11 AM
sirmoonie Mick Taylor gets a lot of criticism for the fact that he is a hyperextended ballbag, but I don't think anyone can deny that he was one of the relatively better session players that sat in with the Rolling Stones.
April 14th, 2005 11:11 AM
Factory Girl No, it isn't!!

Ronnie is not solely responsible for the musical decline of the Stones!

If MT was with the Stones now, they still would not be the Stones of 30 years ago.
April 14th, 2005 11:18 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
No, it isn't!!

Ronnie is not solely responsible for the musical decline of the Stones!

If MT was with the Stones now, they still would not be the Stones of 30 years ago.

At this point... I tend to agree...
April 14th, 2005 11:19 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Mick Taylor gets a lot of criticism for the fact that he is a hyperextended ballbag, but I don't think anyone can deny that he was one of the relatively better session players that sat in with the Rolling Stones.

Yeah it's a good thing they brought that session player out on the road with them.

It's funny that he's called a ball bag for adding tremendous fire to their live show, recorded some of the wickedest leads they've ever put to vinyl, helped in writing some very beautiful songs and never got credit for them...

Then he goes and tells them to stuff it and everyone feels sorry for Mick and Keith.

Aw. What a ball bag!
April 14th, 2005 11:33 AM
Joey " It's funny that he's called a ball bag for adding tremendous fire to their live show, recorded some of the wickedest leads they've ever put to vinyl, helped in writing some very beautiful songs and never got credit for them...

Then he goes and tells them to stuff it and everyone feels sorry for Mick and Keith."

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and gently and sweetly and softly stroke your young , moist , sweaty , shiny , glistening , GLISTENING young Macky forehead and just say ................. well ................." Thanks " ............... for being ................. well ..............so damn smart .

You are much loved by THIS young Joey .

Joeykins ! ™

April 14th, 2005 11:41 AM
Nellcote Ah, those thrilling days of yesteryear....
I'd like nothing better than driving my 65 Fairlane convertible, with 12 speakers blaring out "Welcome to NY" on 8 track,whilst polishing off a case of Maximus Super and another great Panama Red spliff with my buddies on the sunny shores of Old Cape Cod, with every bikini clad vixen chasing us on Lower County Road on our way to another J. Geils concert at the Cape Cod Coliseum....

Let's just say, this is 2005 not 1974, like it or not.

Woody's in-Taylor's not, and he's not entering the building anytime soon..

It's the Stones dammit.
Be a true fan and be thankful they are still around.

And, best of luck to Ronnie in his never ending quest for sobriety if this article is true
April 14th, 2005 11:48 AM
Dear Doctor anyone who thinks Woody was straight on the last tour needs rehab too

at the pittsburgh show all he did was play games with people at the b-stage while hardly playing a lick

at the end of the show he was dancing around with a stuffed animal of a monkey or some shit

Mick was given him a look of half disbelief and half disgust

where is Mick Taylor
April 14th, 2005 11:51 AM
IanBillen
"I wouldnt be surprised that it's true. The nature of the condition plus Ronnie's history of relapses would suggest this kind of thing can happen. I'd agree with what Ian says actually (there you go, it sometimes happens )"

"god d*mn! a pig just flew by my window - wings and all!!!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________

And nobody on this board believed in miracles.
I am very proud of Gazza and the progress he has made lately. This is a very crucial part of his therapy.

Mr. Ian Billen
April 14th, 2005 11:54 AM
Honky Tonk Man I love the old Sun story about a pissed up Woodster crawling on his hands and knees biting peoples ankles at Kate Moss's birthday party. An absolute classic! Probably not true, but I sure as hell wish it was!
April 14th, 2005 12:04 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Yeah it's a good thing they brought that session player out on the road with them.

It's funny that he's called a ball bag for adding tremendous fire to their live show, recorded some of the wickedest leads they've ever put to vinyl, helped in writing some very beautiful songs and never got credit for them...

Then he goes and tells them to stuff it and everyone feels sorry for Mick and Keith.

Aw. What a ball bag!

Look, I'm not "here" to "debate" you. I will say this, though: When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away ballbagistical Mick Taylorish things. ‑ 1 Corinthians 13:11

"Hit me, Ronald!"

April 14th, 2005 12:25 PM
monkeyman62 look woody isnt going anywhere, so i suggest
you start to like him
April 14th, 2005 12:34 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
look woody isnt going anywhere, so i suggest
you start to like him

YOU NAZI!!!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour