ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Congratulations to Joe Jagger Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 20th, 2005 12:33 PM
Surround Sister Thanks Doxa.

I should have written (not having English as my 1st löanguage) "none" of us can remember, and then I meant Gazza and myself.

Dont know about you, Doxa... You are born when?
Didnt picture you were that old.

I was born in 1963 & cant remember tv-shows from 1957.
And I doubt they were shown up here in Scandinavia.

Please share with us these memories!
[Edited by Surround Sister]
April 20th, 2005 06:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Gazza, now you are on a besserwisser-mood, arent you?
I have another version.
If it didnt happen to be Basils own show; still he performed on tv, and Mick (and Chris, I´ve heard) was there.
Noone of us can remember it ourself, can we?

what the hell is 'besserwisser-mood' meant to mean?

There isnt another version. The same clip has been re-shown on TV in the UK several times, usually in programmes such as "before they were famous" which, as the name suggests, shows clips of well known celebrities on TV when they were very young. This appears to be what Doxa is referring to.

And no, I doubt any of us could remember an obscure TV programme from 1957. Even those who were old enough. (I was born the same year as you). However, the information is out there which is why I'm giving it to you.

You seem very touchy about someone genuinely trying to help you out with factual information for some reason

[Edited by Gazza]
April 20th, 2005 07:16 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Gazza wrote:
He didnt have his own TV show. He was a schoolteacher who taught physical instruction.

There was a 'magazine' type sports show called "Seeing Sport". Joe just happened to take part in a feature in one programme in 1957 which gave instructions and tips on rock climbing to schoolchildren. Presumably the kids were from his local school as one of them happened to be Mick.

thats what i thought. thanks for clarifying that
April 20th, 2005 07:58 PM
Surround Sister Ok, sorry. Had a hard day´s night rough day.
Really sorry. Ok?
That tv-show thing was the information I got.
I realize now that you closer to the BBC
and living for years with English papers are way
ahead in front of us continental Europeans or scandinavians on Stones-basics.
Maybe its the way you´re putting things at times.
One feels like "Wrong!!"; I still, in some way, can
sense that I was in a 'truewards' direction? Jo on telly,
Mick as well (was really little brother Chris there?).
And he had to do his exercises... Or is that fiction too?
...Fire sign, you too, Gazza? Or Capricorn?
April 20th, 2005 08:37 PM
Gazza No problem. Just trying to help you out. Glad we cleared up any misunderstanding. I guess it's easily misunderstood in the translation. I'd certainly never try and have some 'superior' attitude if I'm correcting some info and wouldnt wish it to seem that way - we're all here to share what we can after all.

"Gemini", since you asked!

(actually and for the record, I've found that when it comes to historical knowledge of "Stones facts", most of the best documentation of them actually come from experts based in continental Europe)

I'm not sure about Chris being in that TV clip. I'd be surprised as he's a few years younger than Mick.

And the story about Mick not being allowed to go out until he did some physical exercise first seems to be true. His clasmates at the time have mentioned it in various biographies, including Anthony Scaduto's book, I think.

[Edited by Gazza]
April 20th, 2005 10:06 PM
Surround Sister Right. I´m your opposite sign: Sagittarius. If that has any relevance.

I dont either believe Chris was at the tv-broadcasting; some years too young to climb at that point.

My info was that Jagger Jr. also did some canoeing. What about that?

...Anyhow; it often struck me while watching Brittish tv, like talk shows (Parkinsons, e.g.) or in other types programmes making refences... How HUGE the Stones really are in this region. I think many people among otherwise enlightened populations in far north hardly know the Stones still are playing (for how long we dont know).

Hey, Gazza; At what point did you become a fan/hard core fan of Stones? Can you sort a year out?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Speaking of documentation... Who might this cat be?
April 21st, 2005 04:19 AM
Doxa Surround sister,

I suppose there is not many first hand eye-witnesses of that '57 show here in Rocks Off - at least not me; I was born about 11 years too late, and found myself breathing in a Scandinavian country as well (I don't if there even existed tv programmes at the time...)

Yes, the clip I saw was exactly in the sort of programme Gazza explained. I saw it maybe two years ago in Finnish tv.

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]
April 21st, 2005 04:45 AM
Gazza >My info was that Jagger Jr. also did some canoeing. What about that?

Dont know about that. Could be true, I suppose. There's a photo of Mick in a few books taken during his schooldays in which he's in a school sports team. I cant remember if its basketball or an athletics team

>..Anyhow; it often struck me while watching Brittish tv, like talk shows (Parkinsons, e.g.) or in other types programmes making refences... How HUGE the Stones really are in this region. I think many people among otherwise enlightened populations in far north hardly know the Stones still are playing (for how long we dont know).

well, the Stones still get a lot of tabloid press coverage here. More than anywhere else I suppose. Unfortunately its rarely in connection with their music.

>Hey, Gazza; At what point did you become a fan/hard core fan of Stones? Can you sort a year out?

Fan since 1973-74. First album was "Get stoned" (1977). I'd say I was a 'hardcore' fan since about 1978 or so. First concert was 1982. Started collecting bootlegs etc around that time too.

>Who might this cat be?

Mr Phelge, looking like Leonard Cohen!
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour