ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Đ TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman amazed by Richards Stones Obsession Return to archive
April 11th, 2005 08:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels WYMAN AMAZED BY RICHARDS' STONES OBSESSION

ROLLING STONES guitarist KEITH RICHARDS is so obsessed with the band's music - he watches recordings of their concerts only hours after performing.

Richards' former bandmate BILL WYMAN was stunned by the rocker's dedication.

Wyman says, "I was never one hundred per cent focused on the band like Keith is.

"That's all he ever thinks about. All he does. The only music he ever plays.

"When the Stones do a live show, he tapes it and spends the whole night and the next morning playing it at full blast in his hotel room, disturbing all the guests.

"I was never like that. I'd go to bed and visit a local museum the next morning."

contactmusic.com
11/04/2005 09:24

(...Contact music again. Do these guys ever credit their sources?????)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
April 11th, 2005 08:58 AM
mac_daddy
quote:

"When the Stones do a live show, he tapes it and spends the whole night and the next morning playing it at full blast

i do the same thing everytime i tape a band...
April 11th, 2005 09:06 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
WYMAN AMAZED BY RICHARDS' STONES OBSESSION

ROLLING STONES guitarist KEITH RICHARDS is so obsessed with the band's music - he watches recordings of their concerts only hours after performing.

Richards' former bandmate BILL WYMAN was stunned by the rocker's dedication.

Wyman says, "I was never one hundred per cent focused on the band like Keith is.

"When the Stones do a live show, he tapes it and spends the whole night and the next morning playing it at full blast in his hotel room, disturbing all the guests.

"I was never like that. I'd go to bed and visit a local museum the next morning."

contactmusic.com

No way Wyman said this.

April 11th, 2005 12:35 PM
monkeyman62 thats why wyman is a quiter and keith is not
April 11th, 2005 02:25 PM
Surround Sister Yep, Keef is obsessed by the Stones,
Mick by money and/or hit charts and selling records,
Ron by booze & drugs,
and Billīs obsessed by... (blues and ... ?)
April 11th, 2005 02:39 PM
jpenn11
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
WYMAN AMAZED BY RICHARDS' STONES OBSESSION
ROLLING STONES guitarist KEITH RICHARDS is so obsessed

"The only music he ever plays."

Isn't this glaringly wrong?

Is this from Wyman's diary? Any idea what date?
April 11th, 2005 04:03 PM
Jumping Jack So where are all these tapes?
April 11th, 2005 04:46 PM
Irresistible-Lady Okay I think if you are in a band like that,you have to put you're full dedication in it..
April 11th, 2005 05:42 PM
kath what's amazing is that wyman is so obsessed and thinks everybody is obsessed with what he think is amazing and obsessive......
April 11th, 2005 10:16 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Ha!
Old Bill isn't it?
April 12th, 2005 01:51 AM
Water Dragon Absolutely, Senor Max! Bill & Brian were far too busy getting that laundry bundled up to their hotel rooms!

contactmusic.com

No way Wyman said this.

[/quote]
April 12th, 2005 06:01 AM
Doxa "When the Stones do a live show, he tapes it and spends the whole night and the next morning playing it at full blast in his hotel room, disturbing all the guests."

"Disturbing all the guests"? I suppose Bill is referring to the elite and all the hangers-on socializing in their suites after the concerts. So sad that one is so pro musician that he is dedicating his energy and attention to reflecting his own art and performance, and thereby disturbing those nice social gatherings...

I wonder if Keith is still doing that? That Bill doesn't know anymore..

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]
April 14th, 2005 12:55 AM
corgi37 1st off, Keith cant be that obsessed with the Stones. No new cd in 8 years!!!!

Bill going to a museum? Er, is that before or after school hours?

I guess Wyman's attitude is why Keith is a Rock God, and Bill is known as "that small guy that never moved, and always made funny, smirky faces at Charlie in film clips".

April 14th, 2005 06:41 AM
Gazza Obsessed with the music of a great band you've created or obsessed with fossils and coin collecting....

Which one of the above 'obsessions' do YOU find it more amazing that any remotely interesting person would care so much about?
April 14th, 2005 07:11 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:

Bill, you howling hypocrite! And all the groupies you shared your bed with?

April 14th, 2005 07:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
And all the groupies you shared your bed with?

That's probably how he picked 'em up.
"psst hey wanna go the museum with me in the morning. Some real cool fossils and artifacts over there."

or...
"hey, wanna come up to my hotel room and I'll show you my new metal detector."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
April 14th, 2005 08:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"hey, wanna come up to my hotel room and I'll show you my new metal detector."

I've never heard it called THAT before!
April 14th, 2005 09:03 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[...]
No way Wyman said this.

Why? I mean, Wyman most of the time bashes them, but...
April 14th, 2005 10:55 PM
corgi37 Maybe Wyman likes Museums because alot shcools have field trips there?
April 14th, 2005 11:19 PM
CraigP Keith is the man. That is cool.
[Edited by CraigP]
April 14th, 2005 11:24 PM
KeithRichardsWife Keith is obsessed over the stone's and Im obsessed with Keith!
April 15th, 2005 08:56 AM
gimmekeef Bill had to get to bed early..because the girl he was with had to get up for school the next morning....
April 15th, 2005 08:04 PM
kath actually, that was his wife who had to get up early to go to school......the girl he was with was a couple years older.....
April 17th, 2005 01:47 PM
texile Maybe Wyman likes Museums because alot shcools have field trips there?>>>
that's fucking funny.
wyman isn't, never was - a real musician.........
the stones were a job.
and why is it surprising that wyman would be bitchy?
April 17th, 2005 03:24 PM
CraigP Bill seemed like the shy introverted bassist and not much more. I do like his contribution to their sound and I like him better, musically, than Darryl Jones. His riffage was very colorful.
[Edited by CraigP]
April 17th, 2005 05:23 PM
rogerriffin Keith loves play for the world, Bill not.

That Keith must do, itīs share those thousands of tapes with all rocksoffers!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour