ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan / Haggard Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
March 31st, 2005 02:48 PM
parmeda
quote:
Martha wrote:
Stand back Bob! Here come the ROCKS OFF gals to inspire you!!!!

Shall I make arrangements to have that posted on the Auditorium's billboard? How much do you think they would charge me?

...lol, get yer butt up here!
Have a safe trip & see you soon!!!
March 31st, 2005 03:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
man, i dont know what i am going to do with myself tonight, with no show to go to please keep the reports coming in from denver and beyond (jaxx, are you going to any of these..?)...

quote:
Martha wrote:
Jaxx did you get my e-mail and are you going to the shows?

Jaxx has been on holiday in Florida for the last week or more so wasnt able to see Bob in Denver this time.

However, she gets home tonight - just in time to see Steve Earle (at my insistence) tomorrow evening. Hopefully that should keep the Rocks Off Americana Coalition happy

[Edited by Gazza]
March 31st, 2005 03:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

hey gazza - if i sent you a dvd with flac files, would you be able to work with that..?

I don't know. I've never used DVD's for storing/burning audios before!

what shows are on them?
[Edited by Gazza]
March 31st, 2005 07:07 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I don't know. I've never used DVD's for storing/burning audios before!

what shows are on them?
[Edited by Gazza]

the ones i recorded last week

do you have a dvd drive in your 'puter? if you do, you can handle the DVD. otherwise, i will have break them up on to CD-R...

i am so glad you can handle flac now - it is one less set of audio discs that i have to burn...

March 31st, 2005 07:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

the ones i recorded last week

do you have a dvd drive in your 'puter? if you do, you can handle the DVD. otherwise, i will have break them up on to CD-R...

i am so glad you can handle flac now - it is one less set of audio discs that i have to burn...

my nipples have just exploded with delight. You recorded all the LA shows? (or some of them anyway??) Eggs-sellent!

Yes, I have both a DVD drive and a DVD burner on my computer. I use RecordNowDX when copying CD to CDR an burnatonce for transferring the bit torrents to CDR.

Presuming its straightforward enough to transfer the shows from a DVD audio source to CDRs without any extra software, that should be fine!
March 31st, 2005 07:38 PM
mac_daddy you pop the dvd i send you in the drive...

then open the file explorer - the flac folders will look just like they do on your harddrive. just drag and drop them to a place on your hardrive where you have space, run the md5s to make sure the copy took place properly (delete and redrag and drop if a file fails - i ALWAYS verify the files on the dvd before sending it out), and then convert, burn, listen however you normally do...

if you have a dvd burner - just burn a data dvd (*.iso) image -> drag the files in there and burn it... that is how i archive the flac and shn sets...

i will get the dvd out to you tomorrow, or saturday at the latest. i am doing my final quality control listen now...

i still have to burn audio cds for the lotus couch crew, and my favorite lady from the midwest, but hopefully they will get the flac thing down soon, too; that would be SOOO much easier on me, because the ONLY time i burn audio discs (or deal with WAV files at all) is for you guys

edit:

havent listened yet, but i understand josephine did a very nice job with her tape on tuesday (ezt link is a few posts above this, i put it up this am before leaving for work), even if it is missing a few tunes. the only one you want that she missed is rainy day women (summer days and watchtower were played every gig that week)...

of that run, and it was spectacular - friday was my favorite.

the faux fillmore setlists look tasty, and i know those were recorded well... i also know the nyc gigs should be covered, but i do not know any tapers in the windy city, or anywhere else on the tour schedule, so hopefully some folks will take care of those...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 1st, 2005 08:36 AM
mac_daddy
Bob Dylan 2005-03-14 Oakland, CA (EZT)

[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 1st, 2005 02:13 PM
Martha
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Shall I make arrangements to have that posted on the Auditorium's billboard? How much do you think they would charge me?

Charge? I would think they might pay us! LOL
----------------------------------------------
...lol, get yer butt up here!
Have a safe trip & see you soon!!!

Had a safe easy trip up we're HERE!

See you tomorrow darlin'!!!

xxoo,
Martha
April 1st, 2005 07:14 PM
mac_daddy have a wonderful time, ladies!!! i will be looking for preliminary reports when i return home this evening
April 1st, 2005 09:22 PM
Lazy Bones vibes comin' yer way...
April 2nd, 2005 07:33 AM
mac_daddy well i assume our ladies are still recuperating from a wonderful looking set...

i can only assume if you see jher and tambourine man were delivered as well as they were in la last week. and lay lady lay + and watching the river flow... wowwee zowee!!!

# To Be Alone With You
# If You See Her, Say Hello
# Watching The River Flow
# Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
# Cold Irons Bound
# Lay, Lady, Lay
# Mississippi
# Cat's In The Well
# Forever Young
# High Water (For Charley Patton)
# If Dogs Run Free
# Summer Days

(encore)
# Mr. Tambourine Man
# All Along The Watchtower

April 2nd, 2005 07:50 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i can only assume if you see jher and tambourine man were delivered as well as they were in la last week. and lay lady lay + and watching the river flow... wowwee zowee!!!

Mr. T. and Mississippi - $70 bucks-worth right there...
April 2nd, 2005 07:56 AM
mac_daddy everyone has a hardon for misssippi. i love the song on the album, but live it was not that great (imo). in fact,i remember it as a lowlight opening the encore on the final night here in town - my least favorite tune played that night).
[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 2nd, 2005 08:20 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
everyone has a hardon for misssippi. i love the song on the album, but live it was not that great (imo). in fact,i remember it as a lowlight opening the encore on the final night here in town - my least favorite tune played that night).
[Edited by mac_daddy]

Bummer about it's live rendition. I would be disappointed as it rarely rears it's head on stage. It is early in the tour, however. Perhaps a little work - as with the band - will improve things nicely.

Looks like my prayers will now gear towards Visions for Buffalo...

What are you doing up? Go back to bed, man! Clearly your lack of sleep is damaging your ability to spell correctly...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
April 2nd, 2005 08:42 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

Bummer about it's live rendition. I would be disappointed as it rarely rears it's head on stage. It is early in the tour, however. Perhaps a little work - as with the band - will improve things nicely.

Looks like my prayers will now gear towards Visions for Buffalo...

are you going to those..? i should send you some mics and a DAT deck to use

quote:
What are you doing up? Go back to bed, man!

a big dog with a bladder infection - i am out with him every several hours...

but the crack of dawn is my favorite time of the day - everybody else is asleep. i got the headphones on, doing a final quality check on my recordings from last week before i send them out today (you are on the list, same address? i still owe the clapton to you, but each time i put it together, i ended up getting more clapton i was gonna send, and now it is like up to 20 discs. i will dig up that 451 outtakes stuff for you soon)...

quote:
Clearly your lack of sleep is damaging your ability to spell correctly...
[Edited by Lazy Bones]

actually that comes from typing in the dark

April 2nd, 2005 11:19 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
are you going to those..?
i got the headphones on, doing a final quality check on my recordings from last week before i send them out today (you are on the list, same address? i still owe the clapton to you, but each time i put it together, i ended up getting more clapton i was gonna send, and now it is like up to 20 discs.

I'm going to the Buffalo show - 13th April.

You're more than welcome to send me your recording equipment any time! Not much to worry about, though, most - if not all - Dylan shows end up being recorded.

Forgot all about that, mac. Wife hasn't kicked me out yet, so, yes, addy is still the same...

cheers!
April 2nd, 2005 12:59 PM
Martha Holy heaven on earth...that's where I was last evening. I'll cut to the chase. The sound in the Auditorium Theater is spectacular......Bob's new band is now in full blown swing and groove mode. They have as they say "gelled". From the moment the curtain came up (this is a nice touch)To Be Alone With You just made me know I was meant to be there. I felt right at home.

BTW, Bob IS flirting with Elana....and that's what's bringing him center stage to perform..he's performing and trading licks with HER. He did that twice last night. He dropped the mike the second time out there in between beats. It didn't seem to phase him. Elana was right beside him smiling and playing quite well. Check out her bio at Pagel's site she has chops for sure. Stu was bringing forth more riffs last night than I thought he was pulling off after hearing three of the early shows from the tour. But he still seems understated compared to the ballpark shows. All the new boys are in fine fiddle...but I watched Bob all night almost exclusively. He was dancing at times throwin out a leg here and there, he also did a few jumps on a hard riding beat, always shifting his legs to the beat and really more into it physically than he has been, which tells me he's flirting with Elana. He is. He only put his hat on for one song. Need I say more? She looks like the type of woman he tends to fall for.....I can see that he's a VERY happy man right now. :-)

I LOVED Mississippi. No complaints on that tune from my camp. And then we got Cat's in the Well and Forever Young back to back, which had a very personal and spiritual meaning for me that I can't get into here...but I know Bob was playing them for me. :-) THe show was fantastic. I am ready for more tonight.

And Hazy who promised to post in this thread today met with us before during and after the show. It was GREAT meeting with you now post something cool about me will ya'! LOL Hazy loved the show so much she's getting tickets for tonight's show.....she has to see MORE....now that's someone I CAN relate to! LOL

Parmeda and I officially meet tonight....and more stories will follow when I can post. It's great knowing you are all waiting to hear from us. This makes going to shows that much more fun and memorable.

BTW, Chicago is the city for a Stones/ROCKS OFF gathering....absolutely! Let's do it!

May you all stay forever young.

love,
Martha
April 2nd, 2005 01:01 PM
Martha Oh I forgot to mention. Two tapers were at last night's show and Pagel was also there. The Chicago 5-pack will be covered!
April 2nd, 2005 01:26 PM
mac_daddy great news all-around, martha. have fun tonight (and tomorrow?), as well...
April 2nd, 2005 02:04 PM
Martha
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
great news all-around, martha. have fun tonight (and tomorrow?), as well...

Thank you very kindly mac. We do have tickets for Sunday and then I have to get back to OH.....it will be hard to leave knowing there are 2 more shows to come....but at least we're here for 3 of 'em.

All times are on our side!

xxxxoooo,
Martha

PS HAZY...did you get your tickets for tonight's show? :-)
April 2nd, 2005 03:12 PM
parmeda Martha!
I've been trying to call you, girl! Where in the hell are ya?

I hope you check the board before you head out for the Auditorium tonight...look at your PM, I've sent you my cell phone number...CALL ME!!!

We're going to be at Miller's Pub (134 S. Wabash) around 6pm...most likely in the bar watching the Final Four game, lol

If all else fails...here's my seat: BALC 1 D104 ...HUNT MY ASS DOWN!!!

April 2nd, 2005 03:22 PM
Gazza 6 pm?

aren't you leavin' it a bit late to party?

Have a great time, all of you
April 3rd, 2005 10:26 AM
mac_daddy Bob Dylan 2005-03-19 Las Vegas AUD SHN (ezt)
April 3rd, 2005 11:18 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
Holy heaven on earth....
May you all stay forever young.

love,
Martha

Cool review, as always, Martha - thanks for thinking of us.

Thank you even more for the wonderful, thoughtful, generous and totally cool stuff that was on my doorstep Friday. I've been watching and listening all weekend!

You're too cool!
April 3rd, 2005 11:37 AM
mac_daddy # Maggie's Farm
# I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
# It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
# Down Along The Cove
# Desolation Row
# Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
# Moonlight
# Ballad Of Hollis Brown (acoustic)
# Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
# I Believe In You
# Summer Days
# Like A Rolling Stone

(encore)
# Sing Me Back Home

aother solid setlist - ending with something other than summer days. sing me back home is terrific, and desolation row - has that one been played yet this tour..?

looking forward to the firsthand reviews...
April 3rd, 2005 01:56 PM
Martha Last night's show was another killer set, totally different energy than the night before, which Bob pulls off with the greatest of ease having such a prfound catalog to choose from. I wonder how that set gets chosen each night... I imagine a big wheel like the wheel on Wheel of Fortune, only instead of money and prizes the songs are written in place of that and Tony Garnier, who I do know for sure brings the set to Al close to show time SPINS the big wheel and off they go. LOL

The highlights for me first and foremost was meeting PARMEDA!!!! FINALLY we have met and it was delightful albeit too short...but I'll jsut have to come back for a STONES show now won't I?!! ;-)

Secondly Gazza "showed up" via the wonders of technology and said "hello" to both of us.....the surprise went perfectly and the timing of that was impeccable by the way Gary. :-)

Then Bob played "Like A Rolling Stone" right before the encore, which is very rare, I believe. I had my Some Girls shirt on, and the ROCKS OFF women were in attendance...Hazy was there again too.....so Bob played "our" song.....I was shocked and delighted when that happened. Paremda was that you who screamed from the balcony!!!! I screamed too! :-)

The band sounds so wonderful......it's truly heavenly. What gorgeous music Bob writes. It makes me feel so good...I try to absorb it into my being. "I Believe In You" was a highlight for me ...as was Tweedle Dee and Dum which I've heard many times before, but it really smoked last night.....and Desolation Row...Nasty I was thinking of you throughout....Dr. Filth. :-)The entire show was incredible. This band is hot!

We'll see what's spins on the big wheel tonight and I won't report on that until I get home most likely, which will be Tuesday.

If you have a chance to see this show don't miss it!

hugs and love to all,
Martha
April 3rd, 2005 02:02 PM
Gazza Thanks for the great reviews. It was fun talking to Chris and to both of you last night. I'd have killed to have seen the look of disbelief on Pam's face when you handed her the phone...LOL
April 3rd, 2005 02:04 PM
LadyJane Thanks for the phone call, Sister!! Yep..the Stonesian magic was in the air last night. LARS?? Coincedence?? No way!!!

ROCC Sisters rock. Gazza..what a cool thing to do to surprise Pam with a phone call.

This is just the beginning....once that Tour gets underway we will ALL be together. Yeah!!

LJ.
April 3rd, 2005 02:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
# Maggie's Farm
# I'll Be Your Baby Tonight
# It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
# Down Along The Cove
# Desolation Row
# Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
# Moonlight
# Ballad Of Hollis Brown (acoustic)
# Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
# I Believe In You
# Summer Days
# Like A Rolling Stone

(encore)
# Sing Me Back Home

aother solid setlist - ending with something other than summer days. sing me back home is terrific, and desolation row - has that one been played yet this tour..?

looking forward to the firsthand reviews...

I don't think that bringing "I Believe In You" back into the set last night was entirely coincidental in light of news events in the last 24 hours.
April 3rd, 2005 02:53 PM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Thanks for the phone call, Sister!! Yep..the Stonesian magic was in the air last night. LARS?? Coincedence?? No way!!!

ROCC Sisters rock. Gazza..what a cool thing to do to surprise Pam with a phone call.

This is just the beginning....once that Tour gets underway we will ALL be together. Yeah!!

LJ.

Get yourself to that Shea show darlin' and let Bob shine some sunlight your way! Those good seats are still pullin' up. ;-)

THE ROCKS OFF SISTERS WILL UNITE IN 2005!

Don't you know it even yet?????? !!!!

XXOO,
Martha Mellencamp
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour