ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Keithfucius (playing air guitar) say
"Oops!!! And the firemen are all stoned with the stuff they found inside"
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

The Redlands Fire - 1973 -Photo from the LFI Archives

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dublin to be announced very soon (Irish Independent) Return to archive
04-20-03 10:47 AM
Gazza Dont think this has been posted here yet, but found this on IORR's "Tell me" page. Thanks to Blondie for finding it. Its a few days old but hey - Ive been in Sicily for the last week,so thats my excuse.

As said before, the dates are expected to be on September 9th and 11th.

Love the typo in the article btw..whos this guy "Paul McCarthy" ??

------------------------------------------------------------

Stones set to complete summer of rock legends
Monday April 14th 2003

A DATE is being finalised for the first Rolling Stones concert in Ireland since the band
played Slane 21 years ago.

Promoters MCD have been negotiating to bring the world's biggest rock band here for
some time.

While MCD stressed that nothing has been confirmed, it is believed they are ironing
out the fine details to bring the Rolling Stones to the Point Theatre within months to a
crowd of between 6,000 and 8,000, which will spark a massive demand for tickets.

Insiders say that the cost of the tickets will probably be at least on a par with the
�105 paid by thousands of fans to see former Beatles member Paul McCarthy here
on his Back in the World Tour in May.

The �105 tickets for three Neil Young shows also in May sold out within just five
minutes.

Meanwhile, demand for the European leg of the Rolling Stones tour has been
overwhelming, taking in over 20 major cities during June, July and August. Fans
snapped up 270,000 tickets in London, Rotterdam, Munich and Sweden. In London,
tickets for all three venues - Wembley, Twickenham Stadium and the Astoria - sold
out in three hours.

The Rolling Stones cancelled a gig Hong Kong recently due to fears of the fatal
SARS virus sweeping the region.

Martha Kearns and
Fiona Dillon
04-20-03 12:30 PM
Zeeta This is extreemly good news mate,
have you heard any rumours on the alleged Manchester and Glasgow shows yet?

Do you reckon they will happen?

I hope so!
04-20-03 03:28 PM
Gazza yeah,its a matter of time

the Manchester seating chart is available on ticketmaster's page for that venue and was posted here a couple of weeks ago

if you check on the "get tickets" page on the official site, you will see a link to any show currently available. by changing the number at the end at random, you will get a different concert. most of these concerts are already available/sold out of course but some arent even confirmed yet - the dates on the page for the unannounced shows are all held as "Wednesday 00/00/00" but the cities and venues are there, just awaiting official announcement

http://www.rollingstones.com/getcode/index.php?eventID=32

refers to a show in Dublin.

If you change the last two digits in that hyperlink to:

76 - it will show Glasgow
77 - shows Manchester
78 - shows Wembley Arena

numbers from 79 onwards are blank. presumably this should cover additional dates at these (or other) venues
04-20-03 04:02 PM
Zeeta Nice one mate cheers for the info...it make sense to me,
I aint a member of RS.com though,
do you reckon I have any chance of getting any tix for any of the UK Eire shows?!

"Ive been in Sicily for the last week"

THAT sounds good, business or pleasure?!
04-20-03 04:43 PM
Gazza >Nice one mate cheers for the info...it make sense to me,
I aint a member of RS.com though,

no problem..well I'm just emphasising that it wouldnt be on that official site at all if itw asnt going to happen

>do you reckon I have any chance of getting any tix for any of the UK Eire shows?!

theres some 18,000 tickets available for each manchester show and maybe 7,000 for each dublin show. you should get manchester OK. even if these shows sell out,theres always a way around it one way or another. dont worry. Having the internet certainly broadens your options. Dublin might be more of a scramble but then Ireland has a much smaller population.

>"Ive been in Sicily for the last week"

THAT sounds good, business or pleasure?!

what kind of "business" would a guy be conducting in Sicily, Zeeta? LOL. Strictly pleasure! Great place,too!
04-20-03 06:32 PM
Zeeta LOL yes never thought about it like that

Not exactly a CBD of Sicily is there!

Cool mate, well if all goes well I'll probrably see you some time this summer!

I'm fuckin stuck in Liverpool on me todd 'cos most of my friends and lady friend have gone home for Easter and I'm labouring finishing a "see you next tuesday" of a dissertation!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003