ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Keithfucius (playing air guitar) say
"Oops!!! And the firemen are all stoned with the stuff they found inside"
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

The Redlands Fire - 1973 -Photo from the LFI Archives

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fleetwood Mac on Today Show Return to archive
04-18-03 08:50 AM
Factory Girl They didn't sound too good. Lindsey Buckingham's voice is gone. Does not bode well for the tour.

Anyone else see this?
04-18-03 07:30 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
They didn't sound too good. Lindsey Buckingham's voice is gone. Does not bode well for the tour.

Anyone else see this?

Yes, I saw it. It was pretty much what I expected. I would only be excited to see the Fleetwood Mac who recorded "Rattlesnake Shake" back together, and that would only be if they could all actually still play the way they used to, and they (i.e. Peter Green) can't.

The only impressive thing I saw was that drum set Mick had. NICE drums.

This batch of bozos is about as exciting as the one that did "Bare Trees". Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

How come Christine McVie didn't go along for the ride this time? Doesn't she need the money?

04-18-03 07:43 PM
Factory Girl Hey, FPM- I thought Mick Fleetwood was the ONLY one who did look Excited on the Today Show! I'm Skipping this overpriced exravaganza...lol

Another topic-I'm listening to Ig's Avenue B (which I love). What is your opinion of Avenue B?

I love the lyrics- "I felt the luxury of her..."
"She loved the military and the Rolling Stones"
"I am New York scumbag tough, and I'll keep on trucking..."
04-19-03 12:26 AM
gypsy Thanks for the heads up, FG. I was debating whether or not to catch their OKC show this summer...I guess I'll pass. Have you heard their new album? I haven't...I almost ordered it yesterday.
04-19-03 09:33 AM
LadyJane Well girls, I guess I can "come out of the closet" and admit I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan.

I've heard some of the new album and I'm not impressed. Blowing off the Buffalo show, Gypsy. Without Christine McVie (she's on the album, I here) won't be the same. Besides, all I did at "The Dance" reunion show was CRY (so many memories connected to those "Stevie" songs). I remember now that Hubby told me in no uncertain terms he would NEVER again take me to see them. A-because he HATES the Band and B-my constant eye wiping.

What the Hell......"Landslide" takes on a whole different meaning at 40 than it did at 25!!!

LadyJ.
04-19-03 04:40 PM
Factory Girl gypsy, I ha ve not heard the new FM cd. No interest really. I will be skipping their show unless I get free tix. Perhaps you shall do same? Maybe tele or Joey will pony up a free ticket for you?
04-21-03 07:33 AM
Honky Tonk Man I saw FleetWood Macs VH1 Behind The Music and was disgusted when they had something like 5 minutes on the Peter Green era and the rest was dedicated to that soft rock tripe they dished out in the mid 70s

Fleetwood Mac ceased to matter after Peter Green left.

There. I've said my piece.

Alex
04-21-03 02:35 PM
Prodigal Son Y'know it is a tragedy that their blues era has gone overlooked. Future Games, Bare Trees, they're good albums. Sure, they had a million different members, one guy committing himself to a psychiatric hospital, another joining the Children of God cult and poor Peter Green joining a religious commune. But they had good songs. As pop albums go, their late 70s ones are good, but I prefer them as a blues band. Fleetwood Mac has been a pure nostalgia washout for at least 15 years (since the classic lineup's last album, which sucked like 82's Mirage besides that kick-ass Lindsey Buckingham song "Big Love").

Got a black magic woman
Got me so blind I can't see

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003