ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Keithfucius (playing air guitar) say
"Oops!!! And the firemen are all stoned with the stuff they found inside"
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

The Redlands Fire - 1973 -Photo from the LFI Archives

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Stones FTP - check it Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
04-07-03 09:59 PM
vampire Hey anyone,
I�m doing a server FTP and I have lots of boots.

The address is
user name: stones
passaword: stones
port: 21

Please, try to get something and tell me if it�s all right here in "Rocks Off" if you got, please.
If working, in next days I will put more stuff and also increasing the downloads/uploads speed.

This Is a free service sponsored by VAMPIRE,
the buffy fan number 1

[Edited by vampire]
04-07-03 10:09 PM
vampire ALWAYS!
All the time running after, you know...
04-08-03 01:52 AM
Madafaka Can't connect me!
04-08-03 08:54 AM
Rich79 Vampire
An IP-number which starts with 10 is reserved for a private network and isn't accessible through the internet!!!
Rich
04-08-03 09:04 AM
Zeeta Hey buffy peeps!

I met "glory" (spelling?) last year and have her autograph!

I don't watch it tho, does she have a big part in it?

She was hot though!

04-08-03 09:29 AM
vampire
quote:
Rich79 wrote:
Vampire
An IP-number which starts with 10 is reserved for a private network and isn't accessible through the internet!!!
Rich

Humm. Really? I didnt know that. Any idea what I have to do now?
I know i am behind a firewall from my Internet Provider, that means something?

Thanks!
[Edited by vampire]
04-08-03 09:31 AM
vampire
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
There's one for you vamp. I ain't got no fangs or anything but bring her up here and I'll show her how I can suck the blood right out of a hickie

Thanks BabeMo!
I�m waiting.....
04-08-03 01:05 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Rich79 wrote:
Vampire
Rich

HEY VAMPIRE, Rich is right! This IP number is reserved. It's a reserved "localhost" IP number. Try to put in your machine a static IP address and maybe this will works fine. Contact anyone from your ISP(internet service provider) and they would help you. About the "Track 20 - Parachute Woman" from R.S.V.P. Revisited, for a while, can you send me this to my e-mail: [email protected]
Thanks! Take care!
04-08-03 01:24 PM
vampire I will send you the file tomorrow, JJF. I forgot the CD in home...sorry. I went open the slipcase now and..surpriiiise, it's empty. Anyway, i have that file, don't worry.

Thanks for the net informations.
They just told me my IP is dynamic, that is, I f*, i suppose...

04-08-03 01:33 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
vampire wrote:

Thanks for the net informations.

No no no, thank you! Se cuida lazy bastard!
About the "net informations", you must use a static IP, but, due to your computer is behind a firewall, I don't know what you need to do.
04-08-03 02:12 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I met "glory" (spelling?) last year and have her autograph!

You met Glory and you survived??? Wow! She was responsible for ending the world once again, but Buffy prevented that right on time by leaping to her death...Thank God she was brought back from death the next season by her friends...

I love Buffy, did you notice?
Tomorrow night the last season starts here in Holland, jippie!

You see, I have a life besides the Stones, whahaha!
04-08-03 05:52 PM
vampire Strange thing, that�s buffy mania.
I like too, anyway. Here in Brazil the last season has started March, 18.

But, of course, I like more that movie, Cruel Intentions, where Sarah teachs Selma Blair french kissing
04-08-03 11:11 PM
monkeyman BUT, WHAT�S ADDRESS ??? FTP with just numbers???
04-09-03 11:24 AM
vampire Holla, there!
I�m having some troubles here because my IP number is dynamic, so I need a service that solves the problem of dynamic IP addresses by giving to you, users, a permanent domain name that has the functionality of a static IP number.

I�m looking for a free service like this. Could you help me?
I know only one, paid, www.dns2go.com

I have now 1.319 Stones audio files in my PC, around 100 entire albuns...as soon as I solve the IP problem i�ll let all files to anyone, by free of course

Any help is very welcome
04-09-03 12:37 PM
Madafaka
quote:
vampire wrote:
Holla, there!
I�m having some troubles here because my IP number is dynamic, so I need a service that solves the problem of dynamic IP addresses by giving to you, users, a permanent domain name that has the functionality of a static IP number.

I have now 1.319 Stones audio files in my PC, around 100 entire albuns...as soon as I solve the IP problem i�ll let all files to anyone, by free of course

Any help is very welcome

I don't know a free service of that.
Sorry
04-09-03 12:56 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
vampire wrote:
Holla, there!

Any help is very welcome

Vampire, I think I told that yet. You must only need to configure your FTP using the IIS(Internet Information Server) which only runs in Windows NT and Windows 2000 machines. Before this, you must configure your Network properties, in the Control Panel and fill the field of IP number. Plus, you must enter the DNS number too. But, this is a particular configuration of each ISP. Ask your provider and they'll keep you informed about it.
04-09-03 01:05 PM
vampire
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Vampire, I think I told that yet. You must only need to configure your FTP using the IIS(Internet Information Server) which only runs in Windows NT and Windows 2000 machines. Before this, you must configure your Network properties, in the Control Panel and fill the field of IP number. Plus, you must enter the DNS number too. But, this is a particular configuration of each ISP. Ask your provider and they'll keep you informed about it.

JJF,
Thanks, but they don't. As home user, only dynamic. If I want a static, so I have to pay lots more.
See my avatar? I'm the left guy

Have go to work now.........SUX!

[Edited by vampire]
04-09-03 01:16 PM
J.J.Flash I'll try to find a solution ASAP. Relax, I have my contacts...
And about my track 20 - Parachute Woman, from RSVP Revisited can you send me by e-mail today, this afternoon?
Thanks!
04-09-03 01:51 PM
Starfucker Check this site: http://www.no-ip.com/
04-09-03 04:02 PM
vampire Starfucker,
Many thanks, I think it is what I need.
I will let you know, anyway...

JJF,
My friend Gisele told me the file has been sent for you by morning

-----------------------------------------------------
Vampire - The fofolete one
-----------------------------------------------------
I think I need a blood transfusion/Yeah, here come a lady/Giving'me a criss cross mind...Darling/Touch me!/yeah!/Kiss me!!!

-----------------------------------------------
To listen:
Prince, Sign The Times

[Edited by vampire]
04-10-03 12:56 PM
J.J.Flash Vampire, I knew about this service NO-IP, but I think that the FTP service must be paid, because the standard free service don't allow the FTP, at least, I think.
Anyway, I have a free and quite simple solution. Gimme your e-mail address and I'll tell you my phone number.
Muito obrigado pelo arquivo. God Bless You "Boris the vampire".
04-10-03 03:15 PM
vampire Anytime, JJF.

The problem now is I'm behind a firewall. I don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions?

Thank
04-10-03 03:24 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Anyway, I have a free and quite simple solution. Gimme your e-mail address and I'll tell you my phone number.

Right?!? So, gimme your e-mail, sending a private message here on the board. So, I'll tell my phone number and so, I'll explain a simple way to run this FTP.
04-10-03 04:12 PM
Madafaka We're waiting for that!
04-10-03 06:05 PM
vampire
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Right?!? So, gimme your e-mail, sending a private message here on the board. So, I'll tell my phone number and so, I'll explain a simple way to run this FTP.

Dear JJF, I�m afraid I can�t do what you asking because...Hummm, how can I say....Hummm. ....hummmm...i�m kinda fear of all that intimacy you�re asking for, I�m a bit weird.

Talk to my girl Gisele, or post you tip here, please.
See, Madafaka is waitin�...

04-10-03 07:38 PM
J.J.Flash Eu entro nesse mural de mensagens por tanto tempo e vc diz que n�o confia em mim..........
04-10-03 08:10 PM
vampire I never said that, JJF. Talking like that it seems you have some affective problem
[Edited by vampire]
04-10-03 10:03 PM
vampire Its working now, at least for me. I mean, now my FTP server its talking to my FTP client

Could you please someone out there try and gimme a feedback?

here�s the ftp info that you need
Host address:127.0.0.1

Thanks!
[Edited by vampire]
04-11-03 12:40 AM
J.J.Flash Here is your desired feedback. But in portuguese, because this way can be more "flowing". Well, well, well, dessa maneira nunca ir� funcionar Vampiro. O porque voc� quer saber. Bem, porque esse endere�o IP � um endere�o reservado, mais precisamente, endere�o IP de LOCALHOST. Isso significa que esse endere�o, todas as m�quinas t�m, mas para s� pr�prias. Portanto, esse endere�o de HOST �, vamos dizer assim, inalcan��vel, ou melhor, "UNREACHABLE". Afinal, como o computador vai conseguir encaminhar um pacote de dados para um endere�o 127.0.0.1, sendo que no momento de qualquer conex�o, tanto a sua pr�pria m�quina, quanto a minha ter�o o endere�o 127.0.0.1
Bem, vamos ent�o para a solu��o proposta por J.J.Flash ===> N�o sei como fazer utilizando outros Web servers. COnhe�o o Apache (dizem ser o melhor), Personal Web Server (mais conhecido como PWS, pode ser instalado no Windows 98, por�m � muito usado apenas para aprendizado, por n�o ter praticamente seguran�a), e por �ltimo, no nosso caso, IIS (Internet Information Services). O IIS pode ser utilizado a partir do Windows NT, e novamente, em nosso caso, Windows 2000 Professional, muito mais amig�vel e compat�vel, al�m de ser uma boa alternativa para voc� que est� cansado dos travamentos sem sentido, do Windows 98. Bem, estou falando isso, se voc� j� n�o o utiliza. Espero que j� o tenha instalado, assim ficar� tudo mais f�cil.
O IIS � um recurso adicional do Windows 2000, mas provavelmente j� esteja instalado se voc� j� o tiver. Se n�o, insira o CD-ROM do Windows 2000 Professional e escolha "Adicionar Componentes". L� voc� facilmente ver� a op��o do recurso do IIS. O IIS possui um servidor Web, para disponibilizar e manter sites, um servidor de e-mail SMTP e um servidor de FTP, que � o nosso caso. A partir dai, � muito f�cil, e eu diria que � com voc�, pois em se tratando de aplicativos Windows, torna-se algo basicamente "intuitivo", salvo algumas "dicas", caso do jeito DEFAULT n�o funcione. A partir daqui, vou presumir que voc� esteja utilizando o Windows 2000 Professional. Para voc� acessar os recursos do IIS, v� em Painel de COntrole, e depois ache Ferramentas Administrativas. L� voc� ver�, dentre v�rias coisas, Gerenciador do Internet Services. Mas aten��o, para voc� acessar a esses recursos, voc� tem que estar "logado" como Administrador do sistema. Dentro desse Gerenciador do Internet Services, voc� ver� Site FTP Padr�o. Clicando com o bot�o direito voc� ter� as dentre v�rias op��es, a mais importante que � Propriedades. Em Propriedades, voc� ver� uma s�rie de configura��es, e at� que voc� tenha alguma d�vida, fica com voc�. Uma dica importante agora seria que, n�o sei se s�o apenas boatos, mas me parece que a porta 21, a qual � a porta padr�o para o servi�o de FTP, � bloqueada para usu�rios do servi�o de Banda Larga da Telef�nica, por ser o Speedy Home. Creio que o Speedy Business n�o tenha essa limita��o, al�m de o usu�rio poder ter um IP est�tico. Bom, a dica ent�o seria, se n�o funcionar, altere a porta para 2121. As outras configura��es, s�o simples, tente fazer por conta pr�pria, creio que voc� n�o ir� ter dificuldades.
Deixando de lado um pouco a respeito da configura��o do servidor de FTP propriamente dito, a grande sacada de minha id�ia FREE, seria: Informar o endere�o IP aqui mesmo em um POST seu, que seria apenas 1 por dia, isso se voc� quiser desligar o computador, o que creio que n�o seja necess�rio, desligando apenas o monitor. Bem, prosseguindo na minha id�ia, voc� informaria o seu endere�o IP do momento, vamos supor 200.X.X.X. Assim, poderiamos ver o endere�o IP para conex�o no FTP por aqui, assim como voc� fez agora pouco. N�o creio que voc� precise informar o IP todo dia aqui, repito, apenas se desligar o PC. N�o ser� trabalhoso, pois contando que voc� desligue o PC todo dia apenas 1 vez, voc� informaria o IP corrente, toda vez que ligasse o computador novamente, apenas isso, isso dando reply em uma t�pico como "endere�o do FTP vampire atual". A mensagem pode conter o IP, a porta, o usu�rio, se aceitar� an�nimo, ou algum usu�rio, como voc� havia dito, stones/stones, e dia do IP. AL�m do mais, o dono de uma mensagem aqui no Rocks Off, pode apagar suas mensagens se desejar, fazendo com isso, que n�o sobrecarregue o espa�o do mural.
TOrna-se importante salientar que, essa seria a �nica maneira (que conhe�o) de voc� poder disponibilizar seus boots. A outra forma, que vejo muito por ai, mas at� onde sei deve ser pago, � o servi�o do NO-IP. O servi�o b�sico (gratuito) deles pelo que entendi inclui apenas o redirecionamento de endere�o para p�ginas Web, sendo o servi�o de FTP e e-mail, entre outros, pago, acho que 25 USD/m�s.
Escrevi tudo isso em portugu�s, pois iria demorar muito pra eu expressar todas essas explica��es em ingl�s. Espero que com isso eu possa lhe deixar tranquilo quanto a resolu��o do probleme, e fazer os outros usu�rios desse mural mais felizes, j� que muitos n�o tem acesso a essas preciosidades. Acho v�lido tamb�m dizer que, eu mesmo pretendo fazer dessa forma que lhe expliquei, n�o agora, pois n�o tenho acesso a banda larga em minha casa, apenas no escrit�rio onde estou, mas pretendo dessa mesma forma abrir um FTP com algumas coisas interessantes que tenho, apesar de serem muito poucas.
Essa minha solu��o pode ser talvez "incrementada" e melhorada futuramente, mas repito, � a �nica maneira de fazer isso de forma gratuita, sem pagar pelo servi�o. Quanto �s configura��es do servidor de FTP, isso se voc� tiver alguma d�vida, feel free to ask me. Anyway, I'm waiting your "reactions" about this FREE solution about build a FTP server.
Sorry for another users. I only speak this time in portuguese, due to this subject about Vampire's FTP being so technical, I would take a long long time trying to say all this " HOW-TO" about FTP configurations. I hope Vampire could make this asap.
Let me know your progress with this Vampire. Take care.
04-11-03 01:48 AM
Madafaka
quote:
vampire wrote:
Its working now, at least for me. I mean, now my FTP server its talking to my FTP client

Could you please someone out there try and gimme a feedback?

here�s the ftp info that you need
Host address:127.0.0.1

Thanks!
[Edited by vampire]

That's your Local Host IP.
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003