ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UK/US Versions Return to archive
21st April 2006 03:21 PM
Rip This Joint I'm going to be getting the first few studio albums soon... until recently I have just lived off of High Tides & Green Grass/ Through The Past... I know that this post has probably been done to death, by newcommers like me, but what versions are essential, the US the UK, or both?... I know I've read some people's oppinions on it, but, whats new, I dont remember them.

Thanks
21st April 2006 03:51 PM
Egbert Do you own Through The Past Darkly, Hot Rocks, More Hot Rocks, or Forty Licks?
21st April 2006 03:57 PM
Rip This Joint I own Big Hits (High Tide...) and Through The Past Darkly
21st April 2006 04:12 PM
Egbert
quote:
Rip This Joint wrote:
I own Big Hits (High Tide...) and Through The Past Darkly

In that case I would go for the UK versions of Aftermath and Between The Buttons since you already have the 3 songs that are unique to the US versions on TTPD: Paint It Black, Let's Spend The Night Together, Ruby Tuesday. With the UK versions you'll pick up some cool songs like Out Of Time, Backstreet Girl, and the stereo version of Mother's Little Helper.

The material on the UK Out Of Our Heads is split up and included on these US releases: Now!, Out Of Our Heads, and December's Children. If you're a completist (and have the $) you may want to opt for the 3 US releases, which all have additional songs that are unique to them.

[Edited by Egbert]
21st April 2006 04:35 PM
Rip This Joint Thanks for the info...

So you suggest

UK Aftermath
UK Between...
US Out Of Our Heads
US December's Children
US Now

right?
21st April 2006 04:52 PM
Egbert
quote:
Rip This Joint wrote:
Thanks for the info...

So you suggest

UK Aftermath
UK Between...
US Out Of Our Heads
US December's Children
US Now

right?

Yes, and also the first two US releases: The Rolling Stones (England's Newest Hit Makers) and 12 x 5. That'll pretty much cover everything up to Their Satanic Majesties Request.
21st April 2006 05:22 PM
Break The Spell When it comes to the 1964-65 albums, go with the US versions as the US got 5 albums those years and the UK only got 3, so you'd be missing some songs with the UK versions. However, go with the UK versions of Aftermath and BTB, far better track listings, and as far as the few tracks you'd miss, you can always get on Singles Collection.
21st April 2006 08:18 PM
Honky Tonk Man I'm pretty much going along with what everyone else her has already said, but here goes!

You need the following...

The Rolling Stones (England’s Newest Hitmakers)
12x5
The Rolling Stones Now
Out Of Our Heads (UK)
Aftermath (UK)
Decembers Children (and everybody's)
Between The Buttons (UK)
Flowers
The Singles Collection (The London Years)
-------------------------------------------

Get these albums and you'll have pretty much everything released pre - Satanic Majesties, bar the odd alternative take and a song called One More Try. (Only found on the US Out Of Our Heads) However, get what I've listed and you'll have the most complete overview you'll ever really need.
22nd April 2006 02:10 PM
Egbert Stick with the US OOOH - you'll get One More Try and I'm Alright - there are no songs that are unique to the UK OOOH.

This site will give you a complete breakdown of the material mentioned in this thread:

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/newsdata/rolling_stones_guide.html

[Edited by Egbert]
23rd April 2006 05:25 AM
rocky hi made your own,,,of the to first uk albums..
and,,add bonus tracks,,singles and ep's ,,onto them.
rocky
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)