ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This Should End Pink Floyd Tour Reunions Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st April 2006 01:25 PM
gimmekeef With Waters stepping out again with a Floyd style American tour...that likely puts the final nail in any large Floyd reunion plans and run at the gross box office numbers.

From USA Today:

Music
See you on 'The Dark Side' during Waters' fall tour

Reviving a 33-year-old art-rock landmark that spent 15 years on the Billboard chart, Roger Waters will perform Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon on his 19-date tour opening Sept. 6 in Holmdel, N.J.

The iconic prog-rock band's co-founder plans to perform the entire song cycle as the second set of each concert, utilizing theatrical staging, oversized video projections and a 360-degree quadraphonic sound system. He'll open shows with selections from Floyd's Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut, plus material from his 1992 solo Amused to Death.

Stops include Sept. 8 in Boston, Sept. 12-13 in New York, Sept. 29 in Chicago, Oct. 3 in Phoenix, Oct. 5 in Los Angeles and Oct. 10 in San Francisco. The tour ends Oct. 12 in Seattle.

21st April 2006 01:30 PM
jb Thank fucking god!!!
21st April 2006 01:35 PM
Nellcote Have A Cigar!
21st April 2006 01:41 PM
gimmekeef Bosox must be in first!..Howdi Nellcote
21st April 2006 01:44 PM
FPM C10 Roger Waters changes venue for Israel concert
Jerusalem -- Former Pink Floyd bassist Roger Waters has switched the venue for a concert in Israel from Tel Aviv to a mixed Arab-Jewish town in an expression of support for co-existence and after criticism from Palestinians, organizers said.

In an open letter to Waters after the concert was first announced, dozens of Palestinian artists had urged him to stay away "at a time when Israel continues unabated with its colonial and apartheid designs to further dispossess, oppress and ultimately ethnically cleanse Palestinians from their homeland."

Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall has become something of an anthem of resistance to the massive barrier Israel is building across the West Bank; the lyrics have been adapted to read: "We don't need no occupation. We don't need no racist wall."AFP
21st April 2006 01:51 PM
Soldatti The DSOTM will reach the 1,500 weeks on the Billboard charts (top 200+catalog) in two weeks. Impressive.
21st April 2006 02:01 PM
Nellcote "Bosox must be in first!..Howdi Nellcote"

Yes, my friend, so far-so good.
As the saying goes, it's a marathon, not a sprint..
We are North of the Border this weekend, we'll see how it goes....
21st April 2006 02:03 PM
gimmekeef North of the border?...What a series with the Spos?....lmao
21st April 2006 02:43 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Roger Waters changes venue for Israel concert
Jerusalem -- Former Pink Floyd bassist Roger Waters has switched the venue for a concert in Israel from Tel Aviv to a mixed Arab-Jewish town in an expression of support for co-existence and after criticism from Palestinians, organizers said.

In an open letter to Waters after the concert was first announced, dozens of Palestinian artists had urged him to stay away "at a time when Israel continues unabated with its colonial and apartheid designs to further dispossess, oppress and ultimately ethnically cleanse Palestinians from their homeland."

Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall has become something of an anthem of resistance to the massive barrier Israel is building across the West Bank; the lyrics have been adapted to read: "We don't need no occupation. We don't need no racist wall."AFP

Did he also make a planned stop at the Pizza parlor where 9 innocent Jews got blown into pepperoni pieces..fuck that ass-hole!!!! They want us dead-peroid. No matter what we concede , they want dead Jews(see Iraq;hamas, Al-Queda, Syria, and every other fucking Arab!.

[Edited by jb]
21st April 2006 03:25 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:

Did he also make a planned stop at the Pizza parlor where 9 innocent Jews got blown into pepperoni pieces..

[Edited by ben gurion]

I have not seen the complete tour schedule.
21st April 2006 03:25 PM
Joey

Never Say Never .....................

Developing !
21st April 2006 03:55 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I have not seen the complete tour schedule.

Joes? Stouts?
21st April 2006 04:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Did he also make a planned stop at the *Pizza parlor* where 9 innocent Jews got blown into pepperoni pieces..fuck that ass-hole!!!!

1. Hockeytown USA Detroit, Michigan
2. Weeds Bar Chicago, IL
3. Old Mill Newton, IL
4. Joes Brewery Champaign, IL
5. The Edge Midlothian, IL
6. Healy Street Fest Champaign, IL
7. Tau Kappa Epsilon Charleston, IL
8. Triangle Champaign, IL
9. Marty's Bar and Grill Charleston, IL
10. Hale Court Block Party Glendale Heights, IL
11. Many Private Parties
12. O'Malleys Alsip, IL
13. The Loft Prospect Heights, IL
14. The Blarney Stone Oak Forest, IL
15. Ringside Sports Bar Elk Grove Village, IL
16. The Big Horse Lounge Chicago, IL
17. Sam Maguires Orland Park, IL
18. Tommy's Place Blue Island, IL
19. Dan D Jacs Orland Park, IL
* 20. MAMA LUIGIS Bridgeview, IL
21. Leo's Bar and Grill Romeoville,
22. Hogs and Honeys Chicago, IL
23. Penny Road Pub Barington, IL
24. Synergy West Chicago, IL
25. Hi Tops Chicago, IL
21st April 2006 04:09 PM
FPM C10 So he's playing all the places where Mick Taylor cancelled?
21st April 2006 04:43 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
So he's playing all the places where Mick Taylor cancelled?

Oh , MY !!!!!!

You are SASSY !!
21st April 2006 04:48 PM
Stones [quote]jb wrote:

No matter what we concede , they want dead Jews(see Iraq;hamas, Al-Queda, Syria,

You are exactley right. I am not Jewish but I have seen that no matter what the Israelis give it will never be enough. The Arab nations will not be happy as long as Israel is around. As soon as Iran gets it's bomb it is headed straight to Israel...
21st April 2006 04:50 PM
Joey
quote:
Stones wrote:
[quote]jb wrote:

No matter what we concede , they want dead Jews(see Iraq;hamas, Al-Queda, Syria,

You are exactley right. I am not Jewish but I have seen that no matter what the Israelis give it will never be enough. The Arab nations will not be happy as long as Israel is around. As soon as Iran gets it's bomb it is headed straight to Israel...

Israel will NEVER allow Iran to ' get ' the bomb .

NEVER
21st April 2006 04:55 PM
Stones
quote:
Joey wrote:

Israel will NEVER allow Iran to ' get ' the bomb .

NEVER

You are correct. Israel will do what we (USA) cannot do. Go in and "remove" the facilaties
21st April 2006 05:14 PM
Egbert I'm sure the U.S. will end up doing the dirty work.
21st April 2006 05:20 PM
Break The Spell Well, with Roger doing his own tour, and David & Richard doing another together, at least their still out there playing, just not as Floyd collectively. I wonder what old Nicky Mason is up to??
21st April 2006 05:33 PM
nanatod I wonder what (Roger) Syd Barrett is up to. We probably won't know until he passes away.
21st April 2006 05:54 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
I wonder what (Roger) Syd Barrett is up to. We probably won't know until he passes away.

Last I heard, he was living with his mother who looks after him because of his mental state. There was a picture of him posted from 2002 or so, he looked like a confused old man.
21st April 2006 05:56 PM
Gimme Shelter Here is Roger's Tour schedule.

20 May Highclere Castle, Hampshire
Countryside Alliance* with Nick Mason
02 June Portugal, Lisbon Rock Rio Festival *
04 June Italy, Verona - Arena Di Verona *
05 June Italy, Verona - Arena Di Verona *
08 June Germany, Berlin Whulheide*
10 June Holland - Arrow Rock Festival*
12 June Iceland, Reykjavik - Egilsholl Arena*
14 June Norwegian Wood Festival, Oslo*
16 June Rome, Italy - Curva Olympico*
18 June Greece, Athens - Terra Vibe Park*
20 June Kurucesme Arena-Turkey*
22 June Tel Aviv - C. Field- Neveh Shalom*
24 June Moscow's Red Square*
26 June Stavanger, Norway *
29 June Ireland, Cork - Marquee Festival*
01 July London, Hyde Park Calling Festival*
02 July Denmark, Roskilde Festival*
12 July Italy, Lucca - Piazza Napoleone*
14 July France, Magny-Cours - French F1
Grand Prix (Nr. Nevers)* With Nick Mason
16 July Switzerland, Locarno - Moon & Stars*
06 Sept PNC, Holmdel, NJ*
08 Sep Tweeter Center Mansfield, MA*
09 Sep Tweeter Center Mansfield, MA
12 Sep Madison Square Garden, NY*
13 Sep Madison Square Garden, NY*
15 Sep Jones Beach, Wantagh, NY*
16 Sep Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ*
18 Sep The Palace, Detroit, MI*
20 Sep Toronto Air Canada Center, Canada*
21 Sep Bell Centre, Montreal, Canada*
23 Sep Nissan Center, Bristow, VA*
24 Sep post Gazette Pavillion, PA
27 Sep Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland
29 Sep First Midwest Bank, Tinley Park, IL*
30 Sep Verizon Wireless Center, Indiana
03 Oct Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix AZ
05 Oct The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles*
08 Oct Theater Under The Stars, LV, NV*
10 Oct Shoreline Amphitheatre,SF,CA *
12 Oct Key Arena, Seattle, WA *
22nd April 2006 09:29 AM
corgi37 I'm with JB 100%. The only real reason Palestinians are broke, crazy and fanatical, is because the other camel fuckers WANT THEM TO BE!

Any one of a a dozen Allah loving nations could donate money from the their spare change jars and make Palestine the shining jewel of the Arab world.

But no.

They keep them stupid and filthy and teach them hate the Jews and send retarded or uneducated kids to blow themselves and other innocent jews to bits. Then, they send some money to the parents.

Why doesnt Iran, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Nigeria, Quatar build up Palestine and make every Jew jealous of the oasis it could be. Every Palestinie towel head could rub the noses of the Jews with all the new glitter they would own. But, the Arab nations dont. Why?

Easy. I'll tell you. They'd rather give a box of figs and maybe $5,000 to the mother of some fuckwit who blows himself up, than help build a new library or housing estate. How do these pigs afford all the guns in the world, but cant send their idiot kids to any school but a fundamentalist school? And, where do they get the weapons from?

Israel makes some mighty big fuck ups too, eveyone has to admit that, but one thing the Jews will not allow is another Holocaust.

And good on them too. I will listen to some Bette Midler as a way of honouring my Jewish compadres.

Shalom.
22nd April 2006 11:10 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I wonder what old Nicky Mason is up to??

He's touring with Roger this time.

penance....

22nd April 2006 11:18 AM
rasputin56 Does every thread here eventually turn into an Israeli/Arab thing or what?
22nd April 2006 11:34 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Does every thread here eventually turn into an Israeli/Arab thing or what?

stupid tribal wars...let 'em stew....I'm in through the pre-sale for Roger Waters, Friday night at Mansfield, Mass. (Great Woods for ol' timers like Peter and I) September 8th....so far this is my only show this summer besides Pearl Jam in Boston on May 25th

could not talk the wife into Portugal....Miami instead

22nd April 2006 11:44 AM
rasputin56 I'm glad I'm not the only one who still calls it Great Woods.

Saw quite a few shows there in my pseudo youth. It's a nice shed. What is it now, Tweeter something or other?
22nd April 2006 11:46 AM
lotsajizz yup...the Tweeter Center

remember those fascist Mansfield cops on bikes in the parking lot...they're still there!! hence the trips to the 'Great Woods'

22nd April 2006 11:52 AM
rasputin56
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
yup...the Tweeter Center

remember those fascist Mansfield cops on bikes in the parking lot...they're still there!! hence the trips to the 'Great Woods'

HA! I do indeed. And if they didn't like the type of cup you were using in the lot they would hassle you to no end, too. I guess being a cop in a small town like that gets boring and you need something to liven the day up.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)