ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday Iggy Pop!!! (nsc) Return to archive
21st April 2006 08:57 AM
FPM C10

Born this day in 1947 in Muskegon, Michigan, James Newell Osterberg, Jr. better known by his stage name Iggy Pop, is an American treasure, punk rock singer and occasional actor. Although he has had only limited commercial success, Pop is considered one of the most important innovators of punk rock and related styles. He is sometimes referred to by the nicknames "the Godfather of Punk" and "the Rock Iguana", and is widely acknowledged as one of the most dynamic stage performers of rock.

Pop was the lead singer of The Stooges, a late 1960s/early 1970s band that was highly influential in the development of hard rock. The Stooges became infamous for their live performances in which Pop leapt off the stage (thus inventing the "stage dive"), smeared raw meat and on one occasion peanut butter over his chest and cut himself with broken bottles. Many subsequent performers have imitated Pop’s antics.

Although he would never regain the vitality of his days with the Stooges, Pop has had varying degrees of success in his 25 years as a solo artist. His best-known songs include "Lust for Life", "I'm Bored" and "The Passenger" (the latter based on a poem written by Jim Morrison).

A film about Pop's life and career titled The Passenger is currently in production. Unfortunately it stars the little dude who played Frodo.

21st April 2006 08:59 AM
Break The Spell Happy Birthday to the great Iggy Pop. My favorite albums are Fun House, Raw Power and The Idiot. It will be interesting to see how this new Stooges album turns out. keep rockin' Iggy.
21st April 2006 09:25 AM
GotToRollMe All Hail The Iggy!
21st April 2006 09:29 AM
lotsajizz Viva Iggy!

21st April 2006 10:25 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Happy bday

Doin' the contorsionist routine

By Baron Wolman 1969

Wearing a tongue t-shirt with Alice and Ray 1974

With Keith, 1988

21st April 2006 10:33 AM
Factory Girl Ahhh Ahhh Iggy!!

One of my all time fave artists!! I discovered him at the tender age of 13, and have followed his music ever since.

Happy Happy April 20 Birthday, Mr. Osterberg!!

I blew off Johhny Depp for you!

Yours,

FG!
21st April 2006 11:29 AM
Break The Spell That picture of Iggy and Keith is so cool, never saw it before. Thanks VCIW. I was just watching an old clip of Iggy on Letterman when he sang shirtless with brocoli around his neck.
21st April 2006 11:57 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Ahhh Ahhh Iggy!!

One of my all time fave artists!! I discovered him at the tender age of 13, and have followed his music ever since.

Happy Happy April 20 Birthday, Mr. Osterberg!!

I blew off Johhny Depp for you!

Yours,

FG!

Is his birthday 4/20? Wikipedia said 4/21 (today).

21st April 2006 01:05 PM
Factory Girl Hello FPM,

Iggy Bday is 4/20, same as Adolf Hitler.

Thank you for the post, dahhling!

FG!
21st April 2006 01:22 PM
FPM C10 Not that I'm doubting you - you are the biggest Iggy fan I know - but I googled "Iggy Pop birthday" and got these results:

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 656,000 for iggy pop birthday. (0.09 seconds)

Iggy Pop — Date of Birth: 21 April 1947
According to http://www.who2.com/iggypop.html - More sources »

Rock On The Net: Iggy PopIggy Pop, Iggy Pop Info Page. FAQs. button.gif (123 bytes) REAL NAME: James Newell Osterberg button.gif (123 bytes) BIRTHDAY April 21, 1947 ...
www.rockonthenet.com/artists-p/iggypop_main.htm - 61k - Cached - Similar pages

Iggy Pop love match at CelebMatch.comIn order to calculate the compatiblity between you and Iggy Pop you need to enter your birthday. Your birthday is needed since biorhythms are used to ...
www.celebmatch.com/birthdayform_7260_Iggy_Pop.php - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

Two of America's greatest treasures...
21st April 2006 01:30 PM
Factory Girl Hello FPM,

You appear to be correct, my friend. Iggy is 4/21, and does not share birthday with Hitler.

Rather, Colin Powell and Carmen Electra share bday with Hitler.

http://www.famousroots.com/birthday/april.html#April_20

FG!
21st April 2006 01:55 PM
Soldatti Long life to Iggy.
Listening Brick by Brick now...
21st April 2006 02:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

I'm wearing the wrong shirt! I have on my "CASH" shirt. I will now go put on my Iggy & The Stooges shirt!

Way to go Ig! You made it another year! Here's hoping you make it through a helluva lot more!

Hope you get yer knob gobbled!
21st April 2006 02:13 PM
sirmoonie Cheers to my cyber-friends here for turning me on to Iggy several years ago. I'm a fan of the man, for sure.
21st April 2006 02:18 PM
FPM C10 Yeah, whether you like him or not, there's really not much room for discussion that Iggy embodies ROCK AND ROLL more than any other person I can think of.

Long live the Ig!

21st April 2006 02:37 PM
Egbert Happy Birthday Jimmy!

I'm still trying to picture Frodo as Iggy. He has the bugged-out eyes but other than that...??

21st April 2006 02:56 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Egbert wrote:
Happy Birthday Jimmy!

I'm still trying to picture Frodo as Iggy. He has the bugged-out eyes but other than that...??

Yeah...I'm not holding my breath for that one. I think maybe Gollum might be better...

Another pair of birthdays yesterday which cracks me up - Hitler and Chaplin were born on exactly the same day.

21st April 2006 03:07 PM
Factory Girl Vladimir Illich Lenin was born on 4/24. I must note his bday!

I think that he was one of the most innovative political minds of the last century.
21st April 2006 03:09 PM
Egbert
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Yeah...I'm not holding my breath for that one. I think maybe Gollum might be better...

Oh shit! LMAO!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)