ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alexis Korner Anthology Return to archive
21st April 2006 03:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Alexis Korner Anthology
Jazz News
April 19,2006

Castle Music announced the May 1st, 2006 double disc album release of Kornerstoned: The Alexis Korner Anthology - 1954 - 1983, a deluxe slip cased set laced with copious rarities and material which debuts on CD for the very first time. Alexis Korner's role in the development of UK Blues, R&B and Rock cannot be overstated, and this set pays homage to the great musician. Featured sidemen / guests include Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Paul Rodgers, Chris Farlowe, Davy Graham, Long John Baldry, Robert Plant, Cyril Davies, Peter Thorup, Zoot Money, Duffy Power, Dick Heckstall-Smith & many more.

For the collector, the album inlay also features photos & memorabilia drawn from Alexis' family's archives, with comprehensive liner notes by Neil 'Mr Blues' Slaven.

Kornerstoned is the first in a series of a major reissue programme from Sanctuary Records; the Korner catalogue has recently been acquired by the label, with all those really rare albums (e.g. Blues From The Roundhouse, R&B From The Marquee, At The Cavern and Sky High) remastered with bonus tracks, which will start following later this year. The Korner range will be stickered with the "Godfather Of British Blues" icon, which will appear on all forthcoming Alexis Korner output.
21st April 2006 06:47 AM
Break The Spell This looks very promising. I wonder if there are any recordings there of when Brian played with him.
21st April 2006 05:35 PM
gustavobala i like the version from get out off my clouds from 1976, with keith in the guitars and backing vocals XD
21st April 2006 05:38 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
i like the version from get out off my clouds from 1976, with keith in the guitars and backing vocals XD

Are you speaking of the great version where it was a medley with If You Can't Rock Me??
21st April 2006 11:57 PM
gustavobala no no, with alexis korner are studio version, the medley with if you canīt rock me are from 75 and 76 tour....but complete different...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)