ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thirty Three Percent and DROPPING ....... ( Stones Content ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st April 2006 01:10 AM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The Dems have a field day when there's but a whiff of
a problem, but, alas, it vaporizes like a Mike Dukakis victory, (see tank Olympics in Iowa field)
Joey, if things were as bad as you portray, you'd be selling chalupas in Omaha.
You've only got John "Lifeshot" Kerry to look forward to as the one the Dems will trot out in '08.
Or worse yet Backspin Biden.

The problem for the Dems is that no one likes or trusts them. They keep nominating shady characters. After what the Bush admin has been doing lately, the Dems should be cruising for a huge win this November but even that's not a sure bet.
21st April 2006 01:19 AM
pdog It's like Telle said, it's all about The PR machine. The best liberals are in abands and movies. The ones that go into politics are just liberals with no guitars and talent.
It's sad, but true! BUT!!! Not all iberal actors and musicians have talent, I want to make that clear. Ben Affleck is a tool, George Clooney has moments, but his talking politics, makes me pause before watching a movie he's in. The list is long.
Mick and Keith are cool!
21st April 2006 06:53 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
When I saw the title of this thread,
I thought that's what percent of threads
on the board had any Stones content at all....

SV

Yes, either that, or the percent of Stones content in each thread after they get derailed.
21st April 2006 07:22 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Yes, either that, or the percent of Stones content in each thread after they get derailed.

Then again, if the news on the Stones is
that Mick may do a sitcom....maybe we should
stick with politics!

SV

21st April 2006 09:29 AM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Yes, all led in the polls at one time

Like I said, libs will never get it. There are baseball teams everyday that have more hits and less errors than the other team but still lost

There are football teams that have more passing yards and more rushing yards. And still lose. (See Gore 2000)

And you libs still can't figure out howe to win

But you feel better by getting mad at Karl Rove, the guy that knows how to win time after time

But libs put in Mr. 0-7 in Prez races Bob Shrum

When sales are down, don't blame the customers

Your product and service and marketing sucks

I challenge you to produce any poll that shows Perot leading in the race for president in either 92 or 96. I'd even have a hard time believing Dole led either.

The only part of the rest of your post that made any sense was the Shrum thing. When Kerry hired him I knew it was over.

I do enjoy how Republicans think that they somehow have this supermajority thing working for them. They still haven't realized how close they are to being irrelevant. The shock will be good for them.
21st April 2006 10:08 AM
FPM C10 Joey, I thought it was pretty hilarious that when the President of China came to America the first guy he met with was Bill Gates, and President Dumbass wasn't on the agenda till the third day.
21st April 2006 10:29 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Joey, I thought it was pretty hilarious that when the President of China came to America the first guy he met with was Bill Gates, and President Dumbass wasn't on the agenda till the third day.

Damn Straight My Brother ...............

Soon , the Chinese will no longer need us ( whilst we fight all the ' Wars of National Liberation ' in Iraq , Afghanistan , Iran ?!?! -- the Chinese get a free ride on our backs ..... and I say Bless Them !!! )

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

" Check out the New Issue ( Coming THIS Monday ) Of Rolling Stone Magazine Ronnie ! "

Jazzy ! ®

21st April 2006 10:33 AM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

LMAO!!!!

You are much loved by Joey
21st April 2006 12:29 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

I challenge you to produce any poll that shows Perot leading in the race for president in either 92 or 96. I'd even have a hard time believing Dole led either.

The only part of the rest of your post that made any sense was the Shrum thing. When Kerry hired him I knew it was over.

I do enjoy how Republicans think that they somehow have this supermajority thing working for them. They still haven't realized how close they are to being irrelevant. The shock will be good for them.

“At one point in June Perot led the polls with 39% (versus 31% for Bush and 25% for Clinton)”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

What do I win?

I challenge you to stop being an idiot

I realize liberalism is 100% emotion but try harder

Lets see. Republicans control the White House, Senate, Congress, Supreme Court (for decades), majority of Governorships and statehouses. We have a lock on the electoral college and in the last election increased our share of votes from blacks, jews, hispanics, and women

If we are irrelevant the Dems are fossils

But I guess with Ted Kennedy as the leader of your party...

21st April 2006 12:49 PM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:

“At one point in June Perot led the polls with 39% (versus 31% for Bush and 25% for Clinton)”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

What do I win?

I challenge you to stop being an idiot

I realize liberalism is 100% emotion but try harder

Lets see. Republicans control the White House, Senate, Congress, Supreme Court (for decades), majority of Governorships and statehouses. We have a lock on the electoral college and in the last election increased our share of votes from blacks, jews, hispanics, and women

If we are irrelevant the Dems are fossils

But I guess with Ted Kennedy as the leader of your party...

Yup, it's gonna be sweet.

And if you'd like to start the typical Republican response of name calling, I'm more than game to start, as well.
21st April 2006 03:21 PM
jb At yet we won't gain a majority in either house..oil at 75!!! What the fuck is wrong with our party!!!!!!!!!!!!???
21st April 2006 03:22 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
At yet we won't gain a majority in either house..oil at 75!!! What the fuck is wrong with our party!!!!!!!!!!!!???

I don't know ..... but I have had the " shits " all damn day .

Whoops !!!!!!

Batter UP !!!!!!!

******** END TRANSMISSION *********
21st April 2006 03:29 PM
rasputin56
quote:
jb wrote:
At yet we won't gain a majority in either house..oil at 75!!! What the fuck is wrong with our party!!!!!!!!!!!!???

You still have Fox and Chrissy on, don't you? See 1972 & 1994.
21st April 2006 03:50 PM
FPM C10 Here in Pennsylvania, we're going to do our part and vote that disgusting little neo-con lapdog Rick Sanitorium out of office!

True, he's hung like a hamster...

But he's still my favorite lapdog!

The Dems have very little to offer...however, right now all they need to offer is that they are not Republicans.
21st April 2006 03:54 PM
rasputin56 The Dems have very little to offer...however, right now all they need to offer is that they are not Republicans.

You've been staring at Bob too long, haven't you? Those lines are so 2004.
21st April 2006 04:18 PM
FPM C10
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

You've been staring at Bob too long, haven't you? Those lines are so 2004.

Bob who? I don't watch TV.

At first I thought you meant your avatar, and said "you've been staring at my boobs too long." That poor girl is going to be sore.

Why, have the Dems told you something no one else knows? If they've got something, I'd like to hear it.
21st April 2006 04:21 PM
pdog
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
The Dems have very little to offer...however, right now all they need to offer is that they are not Republicans.

Right there is the major flaw in Democratic logic and a true lack of strategy and ideas.
That's like saying I'm not gay, so I'm a great sex partner for women. The only way to be a great lover of women, is to be a great lover for women. Not being gay, won't accomplish that. Same holds true with your statemnt. I'm not a Republican, that don't make me a Democrat, and it doesn't mean I've got anything to offer. BUT!!! It's a begining. Let's see how the dems handle this. Will that snatch defeat ffrom the jaws of victory once again?

21st April 2006 04:27 PM
FPM C10 Actually that was me who said that. Raspy just didn't put the quotes around it.

I get your sex simile, but howzabout this....

When you're in a bus on a winding mountain road and the guy driving is drunk, you don't have to be an Indy car driver to be a better candidate for the driver's seat. You just have to be sober.
21st April 2006 04:33 PM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

When you're in a bus on a winding mountain road and the guy driving is drunk, you don't have to be an Indy car driver to be a better candidate for the driver's seat. You just have to be sober.

You still have to be a good bus driver. Plenty of people suck driving sober, and some drunks drive well. So, the dems need to start driving... Until then, yjey're just whiney back seat drivers.
Dems need to put up ot shut up, the talk is is old and they just sound bitter.
21st April 2006 04:41 PM
Joey " That poor girl is going to be sore. "

21st April 2006 04:44 PM
rasputin56
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Bob who? I don't watch TV.

At first I thought you meant your avatar, and said "you've been staring at my boobs too long." That poor girl is going to be sore.

Why, have the Dems told you something no one else knows? If they've got something, I'd like to hear it.

Bob who, you ask?

You can blame the so-called liberal media for that. When they do come out with major policy stances like the recent in depth plan on national security it gets scant coverage. If a party is not in power and introduces something it is buried, especially in these ultra-partisan times that the Republicans created. If you only rely on soundbites and headlines for your news, you are grossly misinformed.

[Edited by rasputin56]
21st April 2006 05:00 PM
nanatod
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:The Dems have very little to offer...however, right now all they need to offer is that they are not Republicans.

Richard M. Daley
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Richard Michael Daley (born April 24, 1942) has been Mayor of Chicago since 1989. He is the fourth child and eldest son of former Mayor Richard J. Daley and Eleanor "Sis" Daley, originally from Bridgeport, a Chicago neighborhood located just Southwest of the Chicago Loop. Daley graduated from De La Salle Academy and earned a law degree from DePaul University College of Law.

Daley previously served in the Illinois State Senate during the 1970s and then from 1980 to 1989 as State's Attorney for Cook County. In 1983 he made his first run for mayor, losing in a 3-way Democratic primary against Congressman Harold Washington and incumbent Jane Byrne, but setting the stage for his future successful run.

He won the office in 1989 after defeating incumbent Mayor Eugene Sawyer in the primary, and Timothy Evans and Edward Vrdolyak in the general election. Daley proved to be a uniter, although not always clear of controversy. He has taken after his father in making civic improvement a high priority, announcing the desire to turn the entire Chicago lakefront into a park.

Like his father, Daley is also known for being one of the most powerful and influential figures in Illinois politics, and the center of a political machine that is deeply entrenched in the state's Democratic Party.

Daley has drawn attacks for his controversial closing of Meigs Field, an airport for small aircraft located on the Chicago lakefront, shortly after he was re-elected on February 25, 2003 for a fifth term with 79% of the vote in a four-candidate race. This involved him ordering the demolition of the runway in the darkness of night without approval from the city council and without giving the FAA prior notice. This illegal act resulted in the city being fined US$33,000 (the maximum then allowed by law) by the FAA.

Daley also has drawn criticism for Chicago's Hired Trucking Scandal. The Chicago Tribune recently conducted a poll that cites that 70% of Chicagoans believe that Mayor Daley had prior knowledge of corruption before the scandal broke.

Although support for Daley is no longer as deep as it once was, it has grown considerably wider. Daley's election in 1989 can be attributed largely to his pluralities in wards on the city's Northwest and Southwest Sides, generally the more conservative areas of the city. In 1989, Daley's pluralities in his 15 highest vote-getting wards (out of 50) accounted for 264% of his citywide plurality. This means that support for Daley was incredibly concentrated in these wards. In 2003, Daley's pluralities in his top 15 wards accounted for just 57% of his city-wide plurality. This signifies much broader support. If support for Daley were uniformly distributed throughout the city's 50 wards, we would expect each set of 15 wards to deliver around 30% of Daley's total plurality (give or take a few due to differences in population between wards).

If he remains in office, Daley will break his father's record for time as mayor on December 25, 2010.

On November 30, 2004, Daley's son Patrick announced that he has joined the U.S. Army as an enlistee. Patrick is Daley's only living son. His second son, Kevin, was 33 months old when he died of complications of spina bifida in 1981.

An April 2005 issue of Time Magazine ranked Daley as one of the five best current mayors of large US cities.

Mayor Daley is a tireless supporter of gun control,with a de facto ban on handguns in Chicago. [1]

Mayor Daley wants to place gardens on the roofs of every Chicago building, reducing the cost of building maintenance by reducing ultraviolet radiation damage and thermal shock. This would also increase the aesthetic pleasure of living in Chicago.
21st April 2006 05:05 PM
Joey " If he remains in office, Daley will break his father's record for time as mayor on December 25, 2010. "

Should be no problem .

.........ss ! "
21st April 2006 06:14 PM
glencar Rasputin, why can't you ever admit when you're wrong? I know it's getting too frequent but it's the right thing to do. I was a bit surprised the first time I read that about Perot leading but Tele showed you howe WRONG you were & instead of being gracious in yet another defeat you got all pissy.
21st April 2006 06:15 PM
glencar None of the putative Dem candidates for 2008 could beat McCain or Guiliani. The Dems are out of gas.
21st April 2006 06:18 PM
nanatod Do not question the power and glory of Richard M. Daley, glencar.
21st April 2006 06:19 PM
glencar He's probably a good mayor, nana but I've read that ethics questions are now surrounding his admin.
21st April 2006 06:26 PM
Mikey
quote:
glencar wrote:
None of the putative Dem candidates for 2008 could beat McCain or Guiliani. The Dems are out of gas.

McCain will never run - hated by his own party and therefore will have no support. His own party abandoned him when W attacked him in 2000.
[Edited by Mikey]
21st April 2006 06:28 PM
glencar He's making overtures to the right wing. And if it's McC vs. Hilly, where are they gonna go? Politics ain't beanbag.
21st April 2006 06:57 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
Rasputin, why can't you ever admit when you're wrong? I know it's getting too frequent but it's the right thing to do. I was a bit surprised the first time I read that about Perot leading but Tele showed you howe WRONG you were & instead of being gracious in yet another defeat you got all pissy.

LMFAO!! Like I really care about Tele's irrelevant points. You people are way too easy here. It truly is amazing what easily excitable sorts frequent this place. The initial "challenge" was originally meant as a joke in response to his little hissy fit in a different thread. Notice all the fricking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s, but whatever. If it makes everyone happy and in the mood to sing Koombaya, Tele is brilliant and really knows his polls. Better? Lighten up all and enjoy life. I have no animosity towards any here and just enjoy a little back and forth without the nastiness. And can be fun and sometimes each side may learn a thing or two. I'm beginning to realize that's probably not possible here. Although, I have taken it upon myself to help jb and other wayward Dems. feel more optimistic about the future and the direction of the party.

And trust me, you'll know when I start to get pissy. It really does take a bit for me to get to that point but calling names as some here have done, sure will help me to that point.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)