ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thirty Three Percent and DROPPING ....... ( Stones Content ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
20th April 2006 04:24 PM
Joey

Oh , the Humanity !!!! Richard Nixon LIVES !!!!! :

" 04/20/06 FOX Poll: Gloomy Economic Views; Bush Approval at New Low "

" NEW YORK — More Americans disapprove than approve of how George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld and Congress are doing their jobs, while a majority approves of Condoleezza Rice. President Bush’s approval hits a record low of 33 percent this week, clearly damaged by sinking support among Republicans.

Opinions are sharply divided on whether Rumsfeld should resign as secretary of defense. In addition, views on the economy are glum; most Americans rate the current economy negatively, and twice as many say it feels like the economy is getting worse rather than better. These are just some of the findings of the latest FOX News national poll.

President Bush’s job approval rating slipped this week and stands at a new low of 33 percent approve, down from 36 percent two weeks ago and 39 percent in mid-March. A year ago this time, 47 percent approved and two years ago 50 percent approved (April 2004).

Approval among Republicans is below 70 percent for the first time of Bush’s presidency. Two-thirds (66 percent) approve of Bush’s job performance today, down almost 20 percentage points from this time last year when 84 percent of Republicans approved. Among Democrats, 11 percent approve today, while 14 percent approved last April.

"It seems clear that many Republicans, while they may still like and support George Bush, are growing uneasy with what may happen to their candidates — and the policies they support — in the November elections," comments Opinion Dynamics Chairman John Gorman.

"This unease about the direction of the party is now showing up as an erosion of the near unanimous support Bush has enjoyed among the Republican rank-and-file for the last six years."

In a follow-up question the poll asked respondents to explain why they approve or disapprove of the job Bush is doing. Of the 33 percent who approve, 52 percent say "he is doing a good job" in general, 21 percent cite Bush’s handling of the war on terrorism and 18 percent mention their agreement with him on the issues. The only other reason to receive double-digit mentions is the president’s honesty and character.

Overall, 57 percent of Americans disapprove of the job Bush is doing, and the most frequently mentioned reason is Iraq (48 percent). The other top reasons include generally "doing a bad job" (24 percent), disagreement on issues (22 percent) and the economy/jobs (17 percent).

Eleven percent of Americans say they disapprove because they "don’t like him" and 10 percent because he "doesn’t care about average people."

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News on April 18 and April 19.

The other end of Pennsylvania Avenue fares even worse: 25 percent of the public approves of the job Congress is doing and 52 percent disapprove. About a year ago, 40 percent approved and 36 percent disapproved (29-30 March 2005). Furthermore, a 54 percent majority agrees that this is a "do nothing" Congress, including 56 percent of Republicans and 52 percent of Democrats.

Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld’s job approval rating also hit a record low this week with 35 percent of Americans saying they approve, down from 40 percent in December and 44 percent last April.

On a more upbeat note for the GOP, a 60 percent majority approves of the job Secretary of State Rice is doing — far more than the one in five who disapprove (22 percent). These ratings are consistent with previous results.

Rumsfeld: Should He Stay or Go?

Americans are split evenly on whether Rumsfeld should stay on as secretary of defense. Four in 10 Americans say they think Rumsfeld should resign, but 41 percent disagrees and one in five is unsure. Partisanship is clear on this issue: 57 percent of Democrats think Rumsfeld should resign, while 67 percent of Republicans think he should stay.

Earlier this week President Bush repeated his support saying, "What’s best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as secretary of defense."

Recently a handful of retired generals criticized Rumsfeld’s leadership and called for his resignation. A majority of Americans say they are OK with this public criticism: 57 percent think it is appropriate for retired military generals to openly criticize Rumsfeld during wartime. Four in 10 think it is inappropriate.

Rating the Economy

Americans are more than twice as likely to rate the nation’s economy negatively as positively. Nearly 3 in 10 rate economic conditions as either "excellent" (6 percent) or "good" 22 percent, while the widespread consensus is gloomier: about 4 in 10 say the economy is "only fair" (42 percent) and another 30 percent say it is in "poor" shape.

Like on most issues these days, there are clear partisan differences on the economy. Among Republicans, views are evenly divided between a positive rating (50 percent excellent/good) and a negative rating (49 percent only fair/poor). In contrast, almost all Democrats rate the condition of the economy negatively (85 percent only fair/poor).

As can happen on many issues, Americans view their personal situation differently — more positively in this case — than they see things for the nation overall.

Even though ratings are almost 20 points more positive on the individual level than for the country, people are still slightly more negative than positive. Nearly half of the public says their personal financial situation is "excellent" (10 percent) or "good" (36 percent), while just over half rate their situation as "only fair" (35 percent) or "poor" (17 percent).

"It is worth noting that perceptions of how well people are doing are tied directly to their income," comments Gorman. "Most of those making over $75,000 per year are positive, while most of those making less than $50,000 are negative. Those between $50,000 and $75,000 are just about evenly split."

In addition, even though economic indicators conclude the nation’s economy has been growing for some time, the new poll shows this is at odds with the public’s perception. By 56 percent to 21 percent, Americans say it feels to them and their families that the economy is getting worse rather than better.

The poll asked respondents to explain why they feel the economy is getting better/worse, without being aided by a read list. Those who think it seems like things are getting better point to reasons such as "more jobs" (49 percent), "pay increases" (23 percent), a "general sense" (14 percent) and the stock market (12 percent). One in 10 say they think the economy is getting better because stores are busier and it seems like business is improving.

Far and away the top reason for those saying it feels like the economy is getting worse is gas prices. Six in 10 cite rising gas prices, outdistancing other frequently mentioned reasons such as the lack of jobs (28 percent) and grocery prices (15 percent).

When read a list of factors that could play a part in assessing the economy, large majorities of Americans say the availability of good jobs (89 percent) and gas prices (83 percent) are either "extremely" or "very" important factors in deciding whether the economy is in good shape.

By three-to-one the public says the recent news reports they have been hearing have been more bad news stories (54 percent) than good news on the economy (17 percent). Does this factor in to the decision-making process on how the economy is doing?

Overall, nearly half (48 percent) say their views on economic conditions are based more on their own personal experiences and one in five (21 percent) say more on news reports.

Finally, when asked to look ahead 10 years, a 58 percent majority of Americans say they are optimistic about the future of the United States, down from 73 percent in October 2003

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192468,00.html

Stones Content !!!

|
|
V

Jacky Ford

20th April 2006 04:29 PM
glencar So after all this time, it is indeed "fair & balanced"!
20th April 2006 04:31 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
So after all this time, it is indeed "fair & balanced"!

Blue .......................

Bushie43's Presidency will end like Richard Nixon's Presidency ..... BET THE RANCH !!!

Joey " Jerry " Ford ! ®
20th April 2006 04:33 PM
glencar Joey, you're working, I'm working, even welfare mamas are working. This war has grown tired & when the troops start returning home. the ratings will pick up. It's good that the White House is now on notice to shape up.
20th April 2006 04:37 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey, you're working, I'm working, even welfare mamas are working. This war has grown tired & when the troops start returning home. the ratings will pick up. It's good that the White House is now on notice to shape up.

Dream on my Long Island Rail Road travelling pal .

The trend lines show ' resigned in disgrace ' .

Best to bail out this summer before the Democratic Led Congress ( circa 2007 ) ' investigations ' start .....

Developing ...............

Shiver .......

Joey " Spiro " Agnew

[Edited by Joey]
20th April 2006 04:38 PM
glencar First, you need to get a Dem House. Good luck wit dat!
20th April 2006 04:39 PM
glencar And I drive. The train wouldn't be convenient & I'm all about the convenience.
20th April 2006 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
First, you need to get a Dem House. Good luck wit dat!

Please start weeping now
20th April 2006 04:55 PM
glencar I never weep unless it's a Britney Spears ballad video.
20th April 2006 05:06 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
So after all this time, it is indeed "fair & balanced"!

That must be why Dubya's looking to hire the aptly named Tony Snow to be the Liar in Chief.

Where's the love for ol' Dubya? After all he's done for us?
[Edited by rasputin56]
20th April 2006 05:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

Dream on my Long Island Rail Road travelling pal .

LMAO!!!!
20th April 2006 05:14 PM
glencar
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

That must be why Dubya's looking to hire the aptly named Tony Snow to be the Liar in Chief.

Where's the love for ol' Dubya? After all he's done for us?
[Edited by rasputin56]

I'm not too happy with this admin right now for reasons that aren't in the news right now. However, the idea of voting for Dems sickens me like a frat boy at a black crewws concert. What can I do?
20th April 2006 05:14 PM
Riffhard Take a good long look at the approval ratings of congress and get back to me. Take a good long look at the approval ratings of the Dem party and get back to me.

Riffy
20th April 2006 05:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Take a good long look at the approval ratings of congress and get back to me. Take a good long look at the approval ratings of the Dem party and get back to me.

Riffy

It's over Riffy !!!!!!

It's alllllll over !!!!!

Sniggles
20th April 2006 05:21 PM
rasputin56 Yes, everyone hates Congress. But they hate the Republicans just a little more? Nanny-nanny-boo-boo.

20th April 2006 06:16 PM
SweetVirginia When I saw the title of this thread,
I thought that's what percent of threads
on the board had any Stones content at all....

SV

20th April 2006 06:35 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Yes, everyone hates Congress. But they hate the Republicans just a little more? Nanny-nanny-boo-boo.

Sad you libs live and die by polls but yet can't figure out how to win an election

Ask President Perot, President Dole, President Gore, President Kerry and President McCain what they think of polls since they were all leading in the polls

You clowns will never figure it out

20th April 2006 07:10 PM
nanatod
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Ask President Perot, President Dole, President Gore, President Kerry and President McCain what they think of polls since they were all leading in the polls

I am a progressive Democrat, but I would be happy to have had war heroes like Bob Dole or John McCain as my president. And I wouldn't have minded H. Ross Perot running this country just as like he made his EDS company prosperous.
[Edited by nanatod]
20th April 2006 07:19 PM
Riffhard
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
When I saw the title of this thread,
I thought that's what percent of threads
on the board had any Stones content at all....

SV

Bravo Sweet Virginia! I could not have said it better. While I often take the bait and get right down in the mud with the rest of them. I never start these political threads,and I try and limit my posts to only one political thread at a time. These days that has not been easy! LOL!

Riffy
20th April 2006 07:29 PM
glencar
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Sad you libs live and die by polls but yet can't figure out how to win an election

You clowns will never figure it out

Brilliant posting, Tele! It's been pointed out elsewhere how every GOP candidate who actually wins is invariably described as stupid but if they're so stupid why can't the brainy Dems beat them?
20th April 2006 07:54 PM
Nellcote The Dems have a field day when there's but a whiff of
a problem, but, alas, it vaporizes like a Mike Dukakis victory, (see tank Olympics in Iowa field)
Joey, if things were as bad as you portray, you'd be selling chalupas in Omaha.
You've only got John "Lifeshot" Kerry to look forward to as the one the Dems will trot out in '08.
Or worse yet Backspin Biden.
20th April 2006 08:20 PM
corgi37 Just as Hilary Duff leads the pop world (and secret fantasies of many a mature age man), thus will Hilary Clinton be the next President (thus fullfilling the secret fantasies of many a Republican).
20th April 2006 08:22 PM
Dan I am a conservative but I haven't approved since about spring 2002.
20th April 2006 09:14 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Bravo Sweet Virginia! I could not have said it better. While I often take the bait and get right down in the mud with the rest of them. I never start these political threads,and I try and limit my posts to only one political thread at a time. These days that has not been easy! LOL!

Riffy

Hey, Riffy...
I'm a Sweet Neocon, so I like for you to take the
bait every now and then and defend common sense.

Sometimes you remind me of Butch & Sundance when
the whole Bolivian army is firing at them.....

SV

20th April 2006 09:31 PM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:

Brilliant posting, Tele! It's been pointed out elsewhere how every GOP candidate who actually wins is invariably described as stupid but if they're so stupid why can't the brainy Dems beat them?

Every? Surely not every one of them. Many sure but not all. I like to think of the winning candidate as good reflection on their constituency.
20th April 2006 09:34 PM
rasputin56 BTW, just out of curiousity, what's the ratio of fine, upstanding, patriotic, freedom-loving progressives here to well, you know, ahem, Republicans?
20th April 2006 09:43 PM
rasputin56 Ask President Perot, President Dole, President Gore, President Kerry and President McCain what they think of polls since they were all leading in the polls

What? Perot, Dole, McCain ever led in the polls saying they'd be president? When did that happen, dammit, I want proof!!! Links!!!!! I'm waiting!!!!! Tic-tic-tic

And the polls for Gore were correct. He did get more votes than Dubya.

20th April 2006 11:03 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

What? Perot, Dole, McCain ever led in the polls saying they'd be president? When did that happen, dammit, I want proof!!! Links!!!!! I'm waiting!!!!! Tic-tic-tic

And the polls for Gore were correct. He did get more votes than Dubya.

Yes, all led in the polls at one time

Like I said, libs will never get it. There are baseball teams everyday that have more hits and less errors than the other team but still lost

There are football teams that have more passing yards and more rushing yards. And still lose. (See Gore 2000)

And you libs still can't figure out howe to win

But you feel better by getting mad at Karl Rove, the guy that knows how to win time after time

But libs put in Mr. 0-7 in Prez races Bob Shrum

When sales are down, don't blame the customers

Your product and service and marketing sucks
20th April 2006 11:31 PM
Maxmeister A portion of the lazy, tunnel visioned, ill informed, spin absorbing electorate is slowly catching on, without even trying.

Unfortunately much of the negatives aimed toward dummy and his cohorts years back have reared their ugly head as fact. For the country's sake, I wish this weren't the case. I, along with millions, would have been much happier if we were wrong.

The irony of this high tech information age is that more people are ill informed of real facts and bathe in partison agendas at any cost than ever. A fact that would be too funny except for the results.

"I am the decider." dummy, circa April '04

Rick
21st April 2006 12:59 AM
pdog I can't wait until Jeb runs....
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)