ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pete's Cell-By Dates Return to archive
20th April 2006 03:19 PM
Honky Tonk Man Taken from today’s Sun newspaper (20-04-06)

Pete Doherty is planning another spell behind bars - this time for a Johnny Cash-style gig for inmates.

The Babyshambles frontman is in talks with the governor of London’s Pentonville prison, Gary Deighton.

A pal revealed: "Pete knows the staff and some inmates from his stays and thinks it will be good for prison morale. He loves the idea of making it into a prison tour and recording the shows."

Kate Moss's on/off boyfriend spent two weeks in Pentonville earlier this year awaiting sentence on drugs charges.

Cash toured jails making the famous recording At Folsom Prison.

20th April 2006 03:26 PM
Break The Spell Since he's a frequent guest there, maybe it will become his recording studio away from home.
20th April 2006 10:12 PM
SweetVirginia He may be an inmate when he plays there.
Seems like he was arrested again today:

Report: Babyshambles' Doherty Arrested

By DEREK KRAVITZ, Associated Press WriterThu Apr 20, 6:09 PM ET

Babyshambles frontman Pete Doherty was arrested Thursday, hours after a court appearance on drugs possession, according to media reports.

Police said a 27-year-old man was stopped in east London just after 2 p.m. by plainclothes officers and arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs with intent to supply. They did not name the man arrested, but the British Broadcasting Corp. reported it was Doherty.

The Metropolitan Police said the man and a 21-year-old companion were being questioned at an east London police station.

Earlier, Judge Jane McIvor had ordered Doherty to attend an 18-month drug rehabilitation program, placed him on two years' probation and banned him from driving for six months because of drugs possession.

Doherty had pleaded guilty last month to seven charges of possessing drugs including heroin, crack cocaine and marijuana, which police said they found when he was stopped once in December and once in January.

Prosecutors noted the rocker's flippant — yet open — demeanor when he was arrested Dec. 18, one of a long line of run-ins with police.

Court documents said that when police found plastic bags of crack cocaine in his right sock, Doherty told officers: "I didn't think I had it in there."

McIvor told Doherty she would adhere to his pre-planned drug rehabilitation regimen, choosing the dates of his court-ordered drug tests around his lengthy tour schedule.

"It's a long, slow process, but you are showing sufficient signs of compliance and effort," McIvor said. She noted that Doherty hadn't been arrested for drugs since Jan. 14.

Doherty arrived at Thames Magistrates' Court in a leather jacket, blue jeans and white sneakers instead of his customary wrinkled suit and matching fedora. He was mobbed by reporters and fans when he left court, and police hurried him into a taxi.

His drug problems gained international attention after a newspaper published pictures last year of then-girlfriend Kate Moss allegedly using cocaine at a music studio where Doherty and Babyshambles were recording.

In early February, another judge imposed a 12-month community service order and required Doherty to submit to regular drug tests.

Doherty missed a separate, court-ordered drug review April 12 after he was unable to return from Paris, where Babyshambles had played a concert, his representatives said. That case was adjourned until May.
21st April 2006 08:04 AM
Factory Girl Pete's arresting constancy has become a bit of a bore.

I do think he's very very talented.

21st April 2006 08:09 AM
Gazza "She noted that Doherty hadn't been arrested for drugs since Jan. 14."

!!!!!!
Three whole months!
Is that supposed to be a compliment? LOL

Good to see I'm not the only one who finds this whole soap opera tiresome. No harm to the guy, but I wish he'd just quietly disappear.
21st April 2006 08:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yeah, I think quite a few people would wish he'd disappear. I'd rather he did that and concentrate on the music, but he seems to be trapped in this world. He's not suited to being a celebrity and I much preferred him when he was unknown. I think he's a looser. I never thought I'd say it, but I have too. Too blow such talent and waste away all the potential you once had? What else could you be, but a looser?
21st April 2006 08:52 AM
justforyou A looser ? Sure, remember to call the same shots when looking at the Stones in the 60's and the 70's. If the police let him take all to his hearts content, without arresting him on possession charges every few months, he might get his usage under control - and is he really out of control or is it just the media wanting a story ? I doubt prison and forced rehab are going to change his drug taking. He should feel free to do what the fuck he wants with his own self. I'm worried that he might be forced to cancel upcoming concerts because of these mindless arrests.

Oh, and it seems like crack is getting a good foothold in Britain, thanks to all this publicity too...
21st April 2006 09:07 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
justforyou wrote:
A looser ? Sure, remember to call the same shots when looking at the Stones in the 60's and the 70's. If the police let him take all to his hearts content, without arresting him on possession charges every few months, he might get his usage under control - and is he really out of control or is it just the media wanting a story ? I doubt prison and forced rehab are going to change his drug taking. He should feel free to do what the fuck he wants with his own self. I'm worried that he might be forced to cancel upcoming concerts because of these mindless arrests.

Oh, and it seems like crack is getting a good foothold in Britain, thanks to all this publicity too...

Doherty’s problems GO BEYOND just drug consumption.

Some close friends are reportedly worried that he is suffering from mental problems too. A lot of his behaviour is extremely erratic and would suggest that there is more going on. The media attention doesn’t help, but the man constantly courts them. He recently posed in front of the camera with a needle in his arm. He's also being pictured smoking crack on several separate occasions. He boasts about his intake in exclusives with Sunday tabloids and although I expect a lot of it is just front, it isn’t the way to go about things.

With Keith, as he has constantly stared, it was a private affair. He cleaned up for the sake of his family and of course, the possible prison stretch had a big hand too. Doherty has been constantly threatened with imprisonment, but time and time again, he's let off and given the chanced to clean himself up. He doesn’t. Maybe he doesn't have the people and support he needs, or maybe he just can’t be bothered to help himself. Who knows? I hope he sorts himself out, but one loose faith after a while. I personally, would like to see him banged up in category A prison for a while. Then, he may finally get clean. Not a menial 3 or 4 months, a year or so.

21st April 2006 09:19 AM
Break The Spell I like recently when he was hounded by press, he took a camera from some photographer and started snapping shots of the press.
21st April 2006 09:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I like recently when he was hounded by press, he took a camera from some photographer and started snapping shots of the press.

Yeah, that was just one of MANY stunts he's recently performed. It's what the press wants and he plays up to it. In truth, he's just perceived as another cheap tabloid celebrity. If he were to disappear, try to get clean. No, sorry, GET CLEAN, concentrate on writing songs and getting his band together, I'm sure the press and the public would lose interest. He could then emerge as the great song-writing talent he once was. It'll be 2002 all over again and I know that's what many others and I would like to see.
21st April 2006 09:34 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Yeah, that was just one of MANY stunts he's recently performed. It's what the press wants and he plays up to it. In truth, he's just perceived as another cheap tabloid celebrity. If he were to disappear, try to get clean. No, sorry, GET CLEAN, concentrate on writing songs and getting his band together, I'm sure the press and the public would lose interest. He could then emerge as the great song-writing talent he once was. It'll be 2002 all over again and I know that's what many others and I would like to see.

I'd like to see it again as well. Of course down deep he'd have to want the obscurity that would come with it as the media rarely hypes up true talent. Their more obsessed with the "celebrity" and famous aspect than the actual talent within.
21st April 2006 09:37 AM
Factory Girl I think Pete is suffering. I think that his talent fuels his drug addiction and vice versa.

Sure, he's unstable-smoking crack and doing smack on a daily basis will do that to a man.

There's a saying "There is a fine line between genius and

madness."
21st April 2006 09:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man Here is a great photo of Pete on stage with the Libertines in 2002. I thought he was so cool back then! As you'll see, he looks quite different from the suited and booted buffoon that is the Mr Doherty we are confronted with today.

21st April 2006 09:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man This is unberlivable. This is new JUST IN!
--------------------------------------------
Pete Doherty in new drugs arrest
The Babyshambles man is stopped hours after court appearance
Pete Doherty has been arrested in east London this afternoon (April 20).

The Babyshambles singer was stopped by plain clothes police offices while driving.

According to a spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police: "At 14.10 this afternoon two men, one aged 27 the other 21, were arrested after a vehicle was stopped in Roman Road, E2, by plain clothes officers in an unmarked police car on routine patrol.

"They were arrested for what was believed to be class A drugs with intent to supply are and both men are currently being held in a east London police station. The older man was the passenger the younger the driver."

The new arrest comes just hours after Doherty was sentenced for admitting seven charges for possession of drugs at Thames Magistrates Court.

As previously reported, Doherty was given community order with two years supervision and 18 months drug rehabilitation plus he was banned from driving for six months.

Additionally Doherty is already serving a 12 month community order that dates from his appearence at Ealing Magistrates Court in February after he pleaded guilty to a different set of drug-related charges.

21st April 2006 09:59 AM
Factory Girl Hello Honky Tonk Man,

I love it--confrontational buffonery!! That is the crux of any celebrity. I don't think Pete is the only guilty perty here. Let me list--

1. Tom Cruise and spawn

2. Jess Simpson

3. Brad and angelina

4. Elton John

5. add your picks here
21st April 2006 10:11 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hello Factory Girl,

There isn't anything wrong with a little buffoonery. I quite like the fact that Pete seems to be the ONLY real rock 'n' roller out there who’s crazy. I just wish it wasn't at the expense of his talents.

I'd have to add George Michael to your list. His Marijuana smoking is really out of hand apparently and he reportedly crashed his car three times the other day. Utter madness!
21st April 2006 10:22 AM
Factory Girl Hello HT Man,

George Michael is the "butt" of much buffonery.

Btw, do you like Alice In Chains? The singer Layne Staley was on crack and smack big time.

From Rolloing Stone.com:

Staley's Death Ruled an O.D.
Heroin, cocaine killed Alice in Chains singer Layne Staley's death has been ruled a drug overdose by the King County, Washington, Medical Examiner's office. According to the coroner's report, the thirty-four-year-old Alice in Chains frontman died on April 5th shortly after injecting a dose of heroin and cocaine. Staley's decomposed body wasn't discovered until two weeks later.
Staley's battles with heroin addiction were well documented, both in his music and in a 1996 Rolling Stone cover story. "If I'm staying busy, and if I'm getting my job done, and I'm doing things I think are great, then I don't have a problem with anything," Staley said at the time. "[Drugs] worked for me for years, and now they're turning against me -- and now I'm walking through hell."

The singer's family requested that any donations be made to Bellevue, Washington's Eastside Recovery Center.

ANDREW DANSBY

21st April 2006 10:33 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hello again Factory Girl,

I'll confess and admit that I don't really know any Alice In Chains music, but of course, I've heard of Layne Staley. He had serious problems and he paid the price. Doherty could yet end up the same way, especially as he has the added pressure of the media circuit around him the whole time.

Anyway, how are you finding Down In Albion? If you haven't had the chance yet, don't worry. I'm just a little worried you'll be disappointed. I know I was. Please keep the original CD I sent you. They seemed like a much better band then!
21st April 2006 10:36 AM
nanatod "Staley's decomposed body wasn't discovered until two weeks later."

Ever since I first heard this, every time I hear AIC on the radio, it just creeps me out.
21st April 2006 10:39 AM
Factory Girl Hello HT Man,

I like DIA quite a bit. I listen to it a lot in the car. The more I listen , the more I like it. I don't see myself becoming disappointed in Pete in a musical sense. Thank you very kindly.

I'll hook you up with some AIC.

Btw, I'm seeing the Strokes on 4/26.
21st April 2006 10:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man Glad you like it!

Have a blast at the Strokes gig. This will be your second time, won't it? I saw them a few years ago. They were great but circumstances were not. Someone committed suicide and I missed my last train and had to fork out £75 on a cab to get home, but err, yeah, The Strokes were good. They played the Clash song Clampdown and I'm fairly certain that this very gig was the source of the Strokes live album that never quite made it.
21st April 2006 10:50 AM
Factory Girl HT Man,

It'll be my 3rd time!! I ain't a Strokes Virgin....LOL!

Hello Nanatod,

Whats wrong with decomposing? It just shouldn't be done on a couch.

Actually, this sad fact shows how isolated Staley has become in his drug addiction that no one cared to check on him...including his family... for 2 weeks.
[Edited by Factory Girl]
21st April 2006 11:23 AM
Break The Spell That 2002 picture of Pete was great, its amazing how much he's changed in just 4 years. In a way, it reminds of of the 60's, comparing the look of the 64 Stones to the 68 Stones. Only in the Stones case, they looked cooler 4 years later.
21st April 2006 11:39 AM
Honky Tonk Man Heres another great pic from the Marquee Club in 2002.

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
21st April 2006 01:08 PM
Factory Girl Thank you, HT Man!

Pete and Carl look awfully close! Do we know if they ever "played for the same team"??
21st April 2006 02:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Thank you, HT Man!

Pete and Carl look awfully close! Do we know if they ever "played for the same team"??

I really don't know! They were extremely close back then. Pete and Carl met up about a year ago and the photos were published in the Sun newspaper. Smiles on Carl's part looked very strained.
21st April 2006 05:46 PM
Break The Spell Reminds me of the good old days when Mick and Keith would share the same microphone.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)