ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th April 2006 12:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

I'll cry if you quit. Don't toss in the towel now. The best is yet to come.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
20th April 2006 12:23 PM
Break The Spell With Charlie, the best is always yet to come. Here's to the "enguine" for keeping it solid for 44 years.
20th April 2006 01:16 PM
Saint Sway Charlie Watts is the most talented musician to ever grace the earth.

He is flawless. Powerful. Immaculate. Perfect. Charlie is God.
20th April 2006 01:23 PM
glencar I love that "Beating Mick" story.
20th April 2006 01:24 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
I love that "Beating Mick" story.

He even got all dressed up to do it.

"I'm not your drummer, you're my fucking singer".
20th April 2006 01:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot I appreciate Charlie very very much.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite Charlie and his family for a tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield. I would be quite pleased to show him around, and take him to some of the more obscure sites.

Just my way of saying "thanks"....
20th April 2006 01:30 PM
glencar Is it still there or did they build condos on it?
20th April 2006 01:33 PM
Break The Spell Charlie would love that tour, as he's always had a fascination with the Cival War. I wonder if he was a reinactor if he would be confederate or union.
20th April 2006 01:34 PM
Steel Wheels Charlie,

Hi! It's me! I hope you remember me from the Wachovia. In case you don't remember, I was the one looning about crying at your feet near the b-stage.

I love you and hope you and your pals in the band keep on rocking for many more years.

20th April 2006 03:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Is it still there or did they build condos on it?<

No, it's still there. In fact, the park service has been buying up adjoining properties to safeguard against too much encroachment. They are in the process of building a new Visitor Center/Museum. They wanted to take advantage of better preservation techniques for the display of artifacts, as well as add additional display areas so that they can show a larger part of their artifact/artwork collection.

Should be real ginchy when it's done.
20th April 2006 04:42 PM
glencar Never been there. I've been to the ones in VA but as a part-time PA resident I will definitely get to Gettysburg soon.
20th April 2006 05:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Lemme know when you want to go...I know the place like the back of my hand.

And I know all the good watering holes...
20th April 2006 06:52 PM
kath what more can i say that i haven't already stated in the past?

charlie, you rock my world. a gentle, courteous man with dignity and integrity and class.
20th April 2006 09:04 PM
the good Charlie is a good guy and a great drummer, but his deification by some around here gets a bit tiring. Why does this happen? Its a classic reaction formation: a lot of you actually think the guy is a geek, but you wouldn't dare say that out loud for fear of being attacked by all of the "true believers" on this board. To mask your true feelings, you overcompensate by claiming the guy is the king of cool, the greatest musician ever, and even God himself. What's that? You disagree? You think I'm full of sh**? You could be right, but I don't think so.
20th April 2006 10:58 PM
Poison Dart CHARLIE NEVER SAID HE IS QUITTING!!!!

AS A MATTER OF FACT HE SAID HE "IS NOT QUITTING AND WILL PLAY LIVE"

All he said was he didn't want to play for two years at a time on these never ending tours. He has been saying the same thing for 35 years now.
21st April 2006 03:18 AM
UGot2Rollme Charlie swings!
Charlie's good every-night, ain't he?!
21st April 2006 04:13 AM
Zack
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Lemme know when you want to go...I know the place like the back of my hand.

And I know all the good watering holes...

Me too. I went to college there. Spent much time on the battlefield when I should have been in bio lab.
21st April 2006 06:36 AM
speedfreakjive <<<<<<<<<<<
21st April 2006 06:45 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
the good wrote:
Charlie is a good guy and a great drummer, but his deification by some around here gets a bit tiring. Why does this happen? Its a classic reaction formation: a lot of you actually think the guy is a geek, but you wouldn't dare say that out loud for fear of being attacked by all of the "true believers" on this board. To mask your true feelings, you overcompensate by claiming the guy is the king of cool, the greatest musician ever, and even God himself. What's that? You disagree? You think I'm full of sh**? You could be right, but I don't think so.

Never once thought of good ol' Charlie as a geek. In fact, I always think of him as the guy the rest of the band would like to be more like.
21st April 2006 10:08 AM
TampabayStone I think they should have stuck with Pete Best.
21st April 2006 10:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
21st April 2006 10:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

"Don’t ever call me your fucking drummer! You’re my fucking singer!" (Charlie to Mick, Amsterdam, mid-80's)
21st April 2006 10:52 AM
Steel Wheels Charlie is a God.
21st April 2006 11:17 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
I think they should have stuck with Pete Best.

Whatever he's doing these days, its a hell of a lot more creative and interesting than what Macca's up to.
21st April 2006 11:21 AM
jb Bottom line, Charlie caused delay of this tour(see Trocedero Feb 9th 2005) and is now limiting any future touring.
21st April 2006 12:00 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
Bottom line, Charlie caused delay of this tour(see Trocedero Feb 9th 2005) and is now limiting any future touring.

Charlie "caused" delay?.....Man have you no shame at all? Sometimes your posts are truly unbelievable...
21st April 2006 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Charlie "caused" delay?.....Man have you no shame at all? Sometimes your posts are truly unbelievable...

Mick T has ruthlessly been called a "quitter" thousand's of times...the Trocedero thing was an inside joke ....nothing meant by it. As far as the future, Charlie, indeed, is the reason for no future world tours.....that's a statement of fact.

P.S.-I am a lawyer, off course I have no shame, but plenty of game!!!!
[Edited by jb]
21st April 2006 12:31 PM
gimmekeef Well jb..then as a lawyer you should know fact cant be known here because Charlie has said nothing and the band has not announced future intentions...Just keepin ya honest
21st April 2006 12:39 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Well jb..then as a lawyer you should know fact cant be known here because Charlie has said nothing and the band has not announced future intentions...Just keepin ya honest

You have saved a "greeting"
21st April 2006 01:43 PM
gimmekeef How come this thread isnt expanding?...Geeez Paris Hilton got more hits....Another bad sign...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)