ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy 420 Return to archive
20th April 2006 06:43 AM
Break The Spell Today's the big day, so a happy 420 to all my friends down with the green scene!! Kick back, blast some Stones and enjoy the day.
20th April 2006 08:14 AM
lotsajizz sadly the 420 reference has been taken over by skinheads and other suburbia trash into a 'celebration' of Columbine and Hitler's birthday

local and federal law enforcement will on watch today

20th April 2006 09:02 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
sadly the 420 reference has been taken over by skinheads and other suburbia trash into a 'celebration' of Columbine and Hitler's birthday

local and federal law enforcement will on watch today

I was unaware people "celebrated" Hitler's birthday and the Columbine tragedy, but nothing surprises me anymore. It's also around the same time as the Oaklahoma City bombing and the Waco incident.
20th April 2006 09:41 AM
FPM C10 4/20

Births:
570 - Muhammad, Founder of Islam (d. 632)
1889 - Adolf Hitler, Austrian-born German dictator (d. 1945)
1893 - Harold Lloyd, American actor (d. 1971)
1893 - Joan Mirķ, Catalan painter (d. 1983)
1908 - Lionel Hampton, American musician (d. 2002)
1925 - Tito Puente, American musician (d. 2000)
1940 - George Takei, American actor
1943 - Edie Sedgwick, American actress (d. 1971)
1949 - Jessica Lange, American actress
1972 - Carmen Electra, American actress
2000 - Funny Cide, dual classic winner racehorse

Deaths:
1912 - Bram Stoker, Irish author (b. 1847)
1991 - Steve Marriott, British musician and actor (b. 1945)
1992 - Benny Hill, British comedian (b. 1924)
1999 - Rick Rude, American professional wrestler (b. 1958)
1999 - Seņor Wences, Spanish ventriloquist and comedian (b. 1896)

[Edited by FPM C10]
20th April 2006 09:47 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
4/20

Births:
570 - Muhammad, Founder of Islam (d. 632)
1889 - Adolf Hitler, Austrian-born German dictator (d. 1945)

[Edited by FPM C10]

Interesting that these two opposites actually share the same birthday.
20th April 2006 10:23 AM
Saint Sway smoke up
20th April 2006 11:25 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
smoke up

Finally, some true 420 spirit, enjoy!! And thanks for the BC links the past couple days.
20th April 2006 12:15 PM
Saint Sway no problem man. Stay "kind"

puff
puff
pass...

[Edited by Saint Sway]
20th April 2006 12:24 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
no problem man. Stay "kind"

puff
puff
pass...

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Thanks for the offer, I gotta wait till after work, lucily I'll be able to hit it at 4:20.
20th April 2006 12:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Interesting that these two opposites actually share the same birthday.

Some say they're a bit similar...
20th April 2006 12:56 PM
Dead_Flowers
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Today's the big day, so a happy 420 to all my friends down with the green scene!! Kick back, blast some Stones and enjoy the day.

Happy 420! Now you know one of my vices.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The munchies!

Pass it on to all of my new friends

20th April 2006 12:58 PM
Saint Sway anyone here ever smoke "keef"?

one word: wow!
20th April 2006 01:01 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Dead_Flowers wrote:

Happy 420! Now you know one of my vices.

You and I shall get along beautifully, I'll smoke an extra one for you this afternoon!! Get those snacks ready.
20th April 2006 02:11 PM
Moonisup and charlie chaplin's birthday
20th April 2006 02:52 PM
jb Baby Dutch Rik...........has the show sold out yet?
20th April 2006 02:53 PM
glencar No.
20th April 2006 03:34 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Baby Dutch Rik...........has the show sold out yet?

both dutch shows aren't sold out, a shame to the fans and Jake
20th April 2006 05:27 PM
Joey

< ----- Happy Happy 4/20 Day my Stonesian Kin !!!!

20th April 2006 06:49 PM
Saint Sway Robinson Brothers - acoustic in San Fran on 4/20 tonite. Should make for a blazin set.
21st April 2006 07:00 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Robinson Brothers - acoustic in San Fran on 4/20 tonite. Should make for a blazin set.

Any links to this show yet by chance, looks like it was a good set!! Hope it was a good 4-20 day for all.
21st April 2006 07:19 AM
ketvos ahh, F*#k 4/20. I just started a new job yesterday. Damn, now I gatta wake up early, I haven't woken up early in over a year!
21st April 2006 07:44 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
ketvos wrote:
ahh, F*#k 4/20. I just started a new job yesterday. Damn, now I gatta wake up early, I haven't woken up early in over a year!

Join the club, I get up by 5 every morning. Still don't stop me from going out and having a good time on weeknights.
21st April 2006 09:27 AM
GotToRollMe Hmmm...never heard of this 420 celebration before, but I think I like it, like it, yes I do!
21st April 2006 10:47 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Any links to this show yet by chance, looks like it was a good set!! Hope it was a good 4-20 day for all.

couple of "high" lights last night.... they did "Kathys Clown" - ala the Keith acoustic Honeymoon tapes version. A cover of Gram Parsons "CLose up The Honkeytonks" and "Do Right Woman" and encored with the Stones "LET IT BLEED" baby!

set lists available at www.crowesbase.com
21st April 2006 11:25 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

couple of "high" lights last night.... they did "Kathys Clown" - ala the Keith acoustic Honeymoon tapes version. A cover of Gram Parsons "CLose up The Honkeytonks" and "Do Right Woman" and encored with the Stones "LET IT BLEED" baby!

set lists available at www.crowesbase.com

Sounds like a great set indeed, I've heard their Stones covers so I'd actually be most interested this time in hearing how the Parsons cover went. Celebrating 420 in high style all the way!!
21st April 2006 11:55 AM
Saint Sway they play tons of Gram Parsons. Probably more than anyone else does. They covered Sin City at one of the Austin shows this week and closed the last NYC show with You Dont Miss Your Water. They've also done She, Hot Burrito #2, Dark End Of The Street, A Song For You, Do Right Woman, Ooh Las Vegas, Cash On The Barrellhead, $1000 Wedding, One Hundred Years From Now.... and a bunch of others I cant even recall.

one of the tapers or heavy traders needs to put together a comp of all of the crowes covers of Gram's songs. Then do one of the Dylan covers and one of the Stones covers.
21st April 2006 05:33 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they play tons of Gram Parsons. Probably more than anyone else does. They covered Sin City at one of the Austin shows this week and closed the last NYC show with You Dont Miss Your Water. They've also done She, Hot Burrito #2, Dark End Of The Street, A Song For You, Do Right Woman, Ooh Las Vegas, Cash On The Barrellhead, $1000 Wedding, One Hundred Years From Now.... and a bunch of others I cant even recall.

one of the tapers or heavy traders needs to put together a comp of all of the crowes covers of Gram's songs. Then do one of the Dylan covers and one of the Stones covers.

Yes, it would be conveinent to have a compilation of all their covers, hell they could do a whole set of nothing but covers as a twist.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)