ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roky Erickson leaves Texas (nsc) Return to archive
19th April 2006 10:31 AM
nanatod Roky Erickson hasn't played outside of Texas in a very long time. He's just been added to the first day of the Intonation Music Festival in Union Park in Chicago. Blue Cheer plays day two:

6/24/06
THE STREETS
THE STILLS
LADY SOVEREIGN
BOREDOMS
ROKY ERICKSON
JOSE GONZALEZ
DEVIN THE DUDE
HIGH ON FIRE
CHROMEO
KANO
ERASE ERRATA
90 DAY MEN
FAVOURITE SONS

6/25/06
BLOC PARTY
DEAD PREZ
ROBERT POLLARD
JON BRION
BLUE CHEER
THE SWORD
LUPE FIASCO
ANNIE
RHYMEFEST
CONSTANTINES
PANTHERS
BILL DOLAN
TYRADES
19th April 2006 11:30 AM
Break The Spell Wow, didn't know Blue Cheer was still around!! "Vincebus Eruptum" is a great record from the early days of hard rock / metal.
19th April 2006 12:26 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Break, when I posted a new topic about Brazil's Os Mutantes on April 17th, I indicated there that Blue Cheer would be playing Intonation.

Good to hear, wonder what line-up they have these days?? Certainly they have more original members than the current G 'N R.
19th April 2006 12:33 PM
nanatod It's a little hard to tell from the web. Apparently Blue Cheer has two of the three members. They may or may not have all three at Intonation.

Os Mutantes won't have Rita Lee singing with them, but otherwise it apparently is the original band.
[Edited by nanatod]
19th April 2006 12:38 PM
Break The Spell Their version of Summertime Blues was my favorite of that particular song, The Who's is a close second.
19th April 2006 01:12 PM
kath roky!!! gawd i have loved roky for years!!!! wish he'd come here, but i think my husband and i would be the only people there.

i have LOTS of roky stories....

19th April 2006 01:24 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
kath wrote:
roky!!! gawd i have loved roky for years!!!! wish he'd come here, but i think my husband and i would be the only people there.

i have LOTS of roky stories....

Care to share any?? Yes, Roky Erickson is great, good for him he's playing a festival like this!!
19th April 2006 03:33 PM
kath well, let's see.....he wore a bandaid on his forehead because he didn't want to freak anybody out with his third eye.

wore a football helmet to deflect bad vibes.

was at my brother's house when he stopped speaking. had been taking HANDFULS of acid and mesc for weeks...finally decided there was nothing worth saying.

was in rusk state hospital for criminally insane for a while. my friend todd and i got all mesc'd up one night and wrote roky a letter. on a big chief tablet. with one of those HUGE pencils. it was the "LIST OF ALL THINGS"

1. dirty dishes.

that was as far as we got, it seemed to sum it all up nicely, so we sent it to him at rusk. i have no idea if he got it or not, but we were lucky they didn't come get us.

he's an absolute genius but a madman. and some of his songs and the sound of his voice singing them can break your heart.

one of the true pioneers of psychaedelic music.
19th April 2006 03:53 PM
Break The Spell Thanks for sharing those with us Kath. Maybe one day you can finish your "List Of All Things".
19th April 2006 04:07 PM
kath naw, i think it's finished. i mean, that was like 35 years ago or so....
19th April 2006 04:17 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
kath wrote:
naw, i think it's finished. i mean, that was like 35 years ago or so....

Haha, it was a good effort anyway!! I'm looking foward to finally seeing Roky this year.
19th April 2006 05:09 PM
nanatod
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:I'm looking foward to finally seeing Roky this year.

In Texas, or in Chicago?
19th April 2006 06:21 PM
The Eggman WHOA WHOA....WHOA....WHOA!

Hold the phone!

CHROMEO is playing???

"RAGE, YOU GOT ME IN A STAGE OF RAAAAAGGGGE"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)