ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith and Chuck arguing Return to archive
18th April 2006 08:56 PM
Scot Rocks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAbduj0ABx0&search=keith%20richards
18th April 2006 08:59 PM
glencar LOL I couldn't imagine Chuck Leavell arguing with Keith! He's too nice.
18th April 2006 09:32 PM
GotToRollMe Chuck is a trip. I have an audio boot where he fires his band in mid-set.
18th April 2006 10:51 PM
The_Worst That appears to be the beginning of Keith's headband era...
18th April 2006 10:57 PM
deuce
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Chuck is a trip. I have an audio boot where he fires his band in mid-set.

Haha, I'd love to hear that
18th April 2006 10:58 PM
PeerQueer Keith was fucking cool in that film - but he had a bit of fear in him too when Chuck took a step toward him during that scene - you can see him thinking "Can I take this fuck?" So he quiets down - looks down, then Chuck keeps pluggin' away and Keith gets that cold killer stare back and he looks ready to go at it and then Chuck shuts the fuck up and sits down like a spoiled brat.

Few people in the music biz have a better "You better shut the fuck up" stare than Keith
18th April 2006 11:05 PM
stonedinaustralia the hilarious thing to me is they way chuck keeps going on about that intro riff - the difference between what he says is the right way and the wrong way to play it must be about a nano-bend on the strings

also the fact that chuck is renowned for throwing out any old stuff as good enough and having no hesitation in taking liberties with his songs makes him look like the cantakerous old coot that he no doubt is
19th April 2006 01:26 AM
Spru Chuck is a legend and one of the great influences for the Stones and countless other bands. However, Keith perfected what Chuck did. He took it to another level. Maybe Chuck wants it to sound one way, but to me it sounds damn better the way Keith plays it. Face it Chuck, Keith passed you many years ago and hasn't looked back.
19th April 2006 02:38 AM
Honky Tonk Man It's been ages since I've seen this clip! I haven’t clicked the link yet, but is it the same scene that was in the original film, or is it an outtake from the new DVD set?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Keith was a little wary of old Chuck. Lets not forget that he did a little stretch for armed robbery!
19th April 2006 03:24 AM
Angiegirl It´s the scene from the original film. Still cool stuff.
19th April 2006 04:12 AM
Dick Bush That's surely not arguing - that's just the way the funny birds make music together.

There's no middle way with Keef, not even for his guiding light.

Never fuck with him
19th April 2006 05:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Chuck is a trip. I have an audio boot where he fires his band in mid-set.

when I read the title of this thread I presumed it referred to Keith and Chuck Leavell.

and when I read your post about him firing 'his' band mid-set I still thought it was about Keith & Chuck Leavell!

19th April 2006 06:52 AM
Break The Spell Chuck really does like Keith and I get the feeling from that clip he wasn't too concerned at all about a minor indifference in the intro riff. I think it was just Chuck's way of getting back at Keith and messing with his head after Keith played Chuck's songs all those years. The Stones very first single was a Berry song after all.
19th April 2006 09:22 AM
corgi37 Couldnt ya just sense keith dying to clobber Chuck over the head with either his guitar or his beer glass.
19th April 2006 09:26 AM
The Wick Whether the difference was small or not, Keith wasn't playing it the way he had asked. That clip was the first time I realized that working with him must be a nightmare because in many ways Mick is right, Keith does think that he knows everything. He kept playing it the same wrong way, I could perfectly understand what Berry was trying to get him to do, because it sounded better. I know Berry's a difficult bastard and a twat, but Keith was being a know it all.
19th April 2006 09:40 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
deuce wrote:
Haha, I'd love to hear that

If I can find it I'll PM you.
19th April 2006 09:43 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

when I read the title of this thread I presumed it referred to Keith and Chuck Leavell.

and when I read your post about him firing 'his' band mid-set I still thought it was about Keith & Chuck Leavell!

LOL!
19th April 2006 10:25 AM
sirmoonie Nice clip. That look in Keith's eye "Oh, I understand it, man...." And the coherence and animation too. Damn, have Keith's brains turned to mush over the years.
19th April 2006 11:26 AM
throbby Hey, the film was about Chuck Berry not Keith Richards. Let Chuck be Chuck, and if that's how Chuck wants it played then play it that way, and by all means don't fuck with his amp. There's a line in the film "Imaginary Heroes" that says "when you meet your hero they're either an asshole or just like you".
19th April 2006 12:32 PM
Dead_Flowers
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey, the film was about Chuck Berry not Keith Richards. Let Chuck be Chuck, and if that's how Chuck wants it played then play it that way, and by all means don't fuck with his amp. There's a line in the film "Imaginary Heroes" that says "when you meet your hero they're either an asshole or just like you".

That's true. I often wonder how my "Imginary Heroes" would act in real life. Cause after all I really don't know the real them, just the persona that is displayed in public.

I have read that in 1981, Keith Richards went backstage at a Chuck Berry show. Berry thought Keith and was an annoying fan, Berry punched him and Keith did not hit him back. I'm not sure if that is true or not, but if it is Keith is a very forgiving person.
19th April 2006 12:58 PM
Mikey I think those that are criticizing Keith for "not playing it the right way" are missing something....

Keith is a world-class player in the best band to ever grace God's Earth. Although Chuck's influence on music and the Stones is undeniable, to have him busting Keith's chops on how he plays the slur is ridiculous and meant to show everyone who's boss.

19th April 2006 05:28 PM
Twostoned
quote:
Spru wrote:
Chuck is a legend and one of the great influences for the Stones and countless other bands. However, Keith perfected what Chuck did. He took it to another level. Maybe Chuck wants it to sound one way, but to me it sounds damn better the way Keith plays it. Face it Chuck, Keith passed you many years ago and hasn't looked back.

HA!
19th April 2006 05:30 PM
Twostoned
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey, the film was about Chuck Berry not Keith Richards. Let Chuck be Chuck, and if that's how Chuck wants it played then play it that way, and by all means don't fuck with his amp. There's a line in the film "Imaginary Heroes" that says "when you meet your hero they're either an asshole or just like you".

Right on!
19th April 2006 05:38 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Mikey wrote:
I think those that are criticizing Keith for "not playing it the right way" are missing something....

Keith is a world-class player in the best band to ever grace God's Earth. Although Chuck's influence on music and the Stones is undeniable, to have him busting Keith's chops on how he plays the slur is ridiculous and meant to show everyone who's boss.

Right said sir, Keef is the most exciting guitar player I've ever heard but on that special event he was drinking whiskey when it should be wine

Besides, there was a running camera and the both codgers were showing a little bit of, if you know what I mean.

19th April 2006 08:55 PM
gotdablouse Chuck's got news for us, he "ain't dying" ;-)

Same as gazza I thought Keith and Chuck Leavell had argued and was somehow hoping that meant the end of Chuck as we know him, the beard, the plink-plonking on punk songs, the "I want to be seen on superbowl" crap and lets not forget what is possibly the worst song ever written by the Stones, "Back to Zero" !
19th April 2006 09:20 PM
speedfreakjive This is really funny footage; Keith doesn't get it right, but Chuck messed up the chords later. They obviously both respect eachother.
19th April 2006 10:16 PM
Soldatti Great clip. I like that site, it's full of great stuff.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)