ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Crowes w/Drive-By-Truckers - tour dates!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th April 2006 01:58 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Any rumors when this'll be released? I'm not complaining, but anything else getting released as well?

Check out frayed.org and follow the album links for track listings and all available information, great stuff on there!!
18th April 2006 02:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Any rumors when this'll be released? I'm not complaining, but anything else getting released as well?

this year sometime... typical Robinson's - they got too much on their plate right now. They need to master Pug's ADDA...
19th April 2006 02:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm skipping the fuck outta this tour. Look at those crappy fuckin' venues! It's a Clear Channel-o-ramma! BLECH!!!

I was really looking forward to seeing the DBTs this summer too. But I'll wait til I can see them in a rock n roll club when they can do a full on show...not a 3rd on the bill half set at some souless Clear Channel Ampitheatre/Pavillion.
19th April 2006 03:21 PM
Factory Girl DBT don't grab me. And, I really wanted them too.
19th April 2006 03:27 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
DBT don't grab me. And, I really wanted them too.

What did it for me is when I heard some of their live recordings, studio wise they didn't really hit me at first either. Can't wait to see them this summer.
20th April 2006 02:36 PM
Make It Funky Christ, Saint, you've never been so fucking popular on here in all the years its been running! Bravo!!

So yeah, right on man... and Robert Randolph & FB? I nearly fell off of my chair. Anyone in their right minds would not even balk at this opportunity.

Ive got tix for the London Ontario show, but minus RRFB. I dont konw when tix go on sale for DTE (detroit), but, I'm keepin the fingers crossed. (On Jaggers birthday no less).

Cheers man. Thanks for the updates! You rock.
20th April 2006 02:51 PM
Break The Spell Sometimes when great bands go on tour, the opening bands disappoint, but with this BC tour coming up, the opposite will be true. It will be a rare case of being almost as excited about the opening bands as for the headliner.
20th April 2006 03:02 PM
Saint Sway PRE-SALE tix went on sale today!!

you can get them only thru www.blackcrowes.com - - go login, get password, get tix.

good luck
20th April 2006 03:06 PM
Break The Spell Great news SS. I'm definately going to check out the Columbus gig, hopefully I can make it to the Cleveland one too. With all the great summer and autumn shows coming up, money will begin to get a little tight. Looking foward to the many travels ahead.
20th April 2006 03:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Anyone in their right minds would not even balk at this opportunity.<

Whatever dude.

I've seen The Crowes and I've seen Robert Randolph(both in little college gymnasiums, small crowds). I'm really only hot to see the DBTs...and I'd rather see them when they can do a full set, and play at a venue that doesn't suck ass. I've seen shows at the 3 venues within a reasonable distance of me...Camden, Pittsburgh, and Scranton...all are awful awful places. Soulless, lifeless and full of concert nazi security types. Fuckin' Clear Channel Piss Pots. I'd rather have my balls eaten by a hungry puma than step foot in any of those places again...for any band, including the Stones.

If that means I'm not in my "right mind", then I guess I'm not in my right mind. I can live with that. In fact, I prefer it this way.
21st April 2006 09:06 AM
Make It Funky Sway, thanks, but the only show that I can (potentially) attend, is the Detroit gig, which from what I gather, has not yet gone on pre-sale as of 4/21.

Cheers dude!
21st April 2006 09:18 AM
Make It Funky SirStone, well from one canuck to another, I feel that we tend to get overlooked up here with regards to concerts and assemblances of artists on tours.. I can appreciate your cynicism, albeit a subjective one, with regards to corporate sponsors, big brother, Cohl and abject quality of venues...HOWEVER.. surely you cannot dismiss the fact that a coalition of Crowes, RRFB and the Truckers is not one helluvan amazing collection? Personally, I had dreams about it a year ago, and my vibes must've been heard.. I thought it musta been a dream, I couldnt believe what I'd seen!?! All 3 artists together?

with regards to my original posting of "out of your head", is also considered subjective propaganda, but... its in a more positive light. For anyone who has not heard nor seen of RRFB is missing out. I wouldn't ever steer someone in the wrong musical direction... as Im sure you probably wouldnt.. But I think its important to branch out, expand your musical taste buds, deepen your rocknroll palate, and give people (who may not be in "the know") of who or who not to see. I'm all for live bands. Whether it be Kings of Leon, Ben Harper, Killers, Toots & Maytals, Leon Russell, Buddy Guy, Wayne Shorter, Tegan & Sara, Los Lonely Boys to Ian Moore, Buckwheat Zydeco and Joey DiFrancesco to name only a few...

Let's be more positive when discussing rocknroll.
Cheers!
21st April 2006 03:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh Mr. Funky....

OK, firstly...I'm from Pennsylvania. Last time I checked a road atlas, Pennsylvania isn't in Canada. So it's one Canuck to a Yankee, I guess...but I hate the Yankees. Can I be a Phillie instead?

Secondly, I agree with you, Crowes-RR&FB-DBTs is a nice show, and probably worth every penny. Just not for me. And I never meant otherwise.

Thirdly, my opinion on the venues in my area are completely objective, born out of first hand experiences. I try not to attend shows at Clear Channel owned venues. I HATE Clear Channel...and to me, that IS a positive thing. I don't know how anyone who really cares about music could NOT hate Clear Channel and everything that they stand for...although being Canadian, you may not have Clear Channel to deal with, I dunno about that. Let's just say that Clear Channel is strangeling rock n roll in the US, and I hate them for it.

Forthly, you assume that I want to see the Crowes or Robert Randolph again. Well, been there, done that...and at much better venues. There are OTHER bands touring that I have either NOT seen yet, or that I like better than the BCs and RR&FB. I'd rather spend my time & money doing that. The Crowes and Robert Randolph are already made. They don't need my money. The DBTs are not yet made. They need my money, and I want to give it to them. I say, go see 'em in a club where you can get up close and hear a FULL set(actually with the DBTs, that would be sets...plural), buy merch directly from them...so THEY get the money(and they get to eat someplace other than McDonalds as a result)and not the venue. Like I said earlier, the only band on that bill that I'm interested in seeing are the DBTs. I'll wait until I can see them in the proper context...and that ain't 3rd on the bill in a crappy venue. So how's this for positive...help out the Drive By Truckers, go get the new album, go see 'em at a club near you...after this package tour thing is over.

Dude, when it comes to Rock n Roll, I'm the most POSITIVE guy in the world. Why else would I have spent around a hundred dollars of my hard earned cash in giving away new music compilations to the people of this board(my final count was 77 copies of my 2 disc Best of 2005 set)...with only the expectation that they might get turned on to something that they didn't know about? I got 12,000+ CDs in my collection...but what's the point unless I can share, you know what I'm saying? So don't friggin' lecture ME on being POSITIVE when it comes to rock n roll because you obviously have no idea who you are talking to.
21st April 2006 03:41 PM
FPM C10 Are you SURE we're not Canadian?
21st April 2006 03:45 PM
Saint Sway Sir,
when was the last time you saw the Crowes? I've been following them for 16 years. They are easily at their peak right now. The 3 hour shows last year were incredible.

do try and see DBT sometime soon. They put on a long shit kicker of a show. They've got some solo dates coming up b4 the summer tour to promote the new record. If they dont hit your area, then they are a road trip worthy act.

I agree with you on sheds btw. I dont go for any band. I didnt attend one single of the ABB or Crowes shed shows last summer and I get free tix up front - but thats how much I hate those venues. But the TBC/DBT combo makes it a go for me.
21st April 2006 06:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot >The 3 hour shows last year were incredible.<

Well, that's great if you are into 3 hour shows...I'm not. 90 minutes, 2 hours...that's about the max for me. Any longer and I start getting played out. I mean, I don't listen to ANYBODY for 3 hours at a time at home...my attention span just isn't that long. I'm an old punk rocker. 30 minutes and a hail of fury, you know? Hell dude, I think Stones shows are too long...

It's been a while since I saw the Crowes(like it was last century), and I'm sure they play great. But I'm just more interested in other directions right now...Americana Rock n Roll being one of them, hence my interest in the DBTs.

>do try and see DBT sometime soon.<

They are on my list.

>If they dont hit your area, then they are a road trip worthy act.<

They don't. But they'll be around this fall, so I'm not in panic mode.

>I agree with you on sheds btw. I dont go for any band. I didnt attend one single of the ABB or Crowes shed shows last summer and I get free tix up front - but thats how much I hate those venues. But the TBC/DBT combo makes it a go for me.<

I hope you have a great time.
21st April 2006 07:19 PM
pdog The venues in Calif. are shitty just like the ones SS mentioned in PA and NJ. They suck duck dick. I too will not attend these shows, too big and lifeless. Why would I go see a 1/2 hour DBT set and pay to see The Crowes?
[Edited by pdog]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)