ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Cohl Behind The Charlie Story? Return to archive Page: 1 2
20th April 2006 02:15 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
So, have most of you already weighed the 2 options-- to retire or to keep going, and decided it was better to keep going? Cause I dont know about that. Both have their pros and cons, to be honest.

I've thought about it for a long while, and in my personal opinion, they should quit if Charlie retires on a permanent basis. They survived losing Jones, Taylor and Wyman, but losing and replacing Charlie is just not an option.
20th April 2006 02:19 PM
glencar Keith was quoted as saying that the band could go on w/o Charlie. But I wouldn't bother seeing them.
20th April 2006 02:28 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keith was quoted as saying that the band could go on w/o Charlie. But I wouldn't bother seeing them.

I remember reading that quote, still hard to believe Keith made that as he had said for so many years that without Charlie there is no stones. I have to agree with the old Keith.
20th April 2006 02:32 PM
Ihavelotsajam Yeah, health permitting, I suppose they could do another huge-ass tour in the future w/o Charlie (or Charlie might change his mind and go yet again) in order to cash in.
However, if this is the last gigantic tour, and I wouldn't mind if it is, would you guys go see them solo if they ever had other projects, or if they collaborated with someone else, as side projects w/o a Stones-name to it? Or are you not interested in anything but Stones as we know them? I know some people here have seen Keith solo but spurn the concept of Mick solo. I think that's BS, but it depends what they are playing.
Don't say No too impulsively, cause I don't think any of us can know how badly we may or may not want to see anything of that sort if we are suddenly struck with the concept of NO-MORE-STONES-EVAH!
20th April 2006 02:34 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I remember reading that quote, still hard to believe Keith made that as he had said for so many years that without Charlie there is no stones. I have to agree with the old Keith.

I think that when Charlie got sick, Keith thought Charlie may die and he realized he wasn't ready to quit the whole thing. He was making comments about him and Mick being the "only ones left" and writing ABB, and Charlie wasn't dead yet, so I think it was him sort of not wanting to have to end it. THe question is whether they would try to pass themselves as the "Rolling Stones" with another drummer or not.
20th April 2006 02:45 PM
glencar
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
Yeah, health permitting, I suppose they could do another huge-ass tour in the future w/o Charlie (or Charlie might change his mind and go yet again) in order to cash in.
However, if this is the last gigantic tour, and I wouldn't mind if it is, would you guys go see them solo if they ever had other projects, or if they collaborated with someone else, as side projects w/o a Stones-name to it? Or are you not interested in anything but Stones as we know them? I know some people here have seen Keith solo but spurn the concept of Mick solo. I think that's BS, but it depends what they are playing.
Don't say No too impulsively, cause I don't think any of us can know how badly we may or may not want to see anything of that sort if we are suddenly struck with the concept of NO-MORE-STONES-EVAH!

I would possibly go to solo tours or a "Jagger-Richards" concert but as above, I wouldn't go for the Sones sans Charlie. I prize loyalty & high quality.
20th April 2006 02:46 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

I think that when Charlie got sick, Keith thought Charlie may die and he realized he wasn't ready to quit the whole thing. He was making comments about him and Mick being the "only ones left" and writing ABB, and Charlie wasn't dead yet, so I think it was him sort of not wanting to have to end it. THe question is whether they would try to pass themselves as the "Rolling Stones" with another drummer or not.

I see what he was saying there, and I would want him and Mick to continue to make music together, but with no Charlie it shouldn't have the Stones name on it. They could do a Page / Plant type album and tour if it comes to that.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
20th April 2006 02:49 PM
glencar Maybe they could have the Black Crowes back them up. LOL
20th April 2006 02:52 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe they could have the Black Crowes back them up. LOL

Then they would have the Robinsons and Leavell encouraging them to mix up the sets!!
20th April 2006 06:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
So, have most of you already weighed the 2 options-- to retire or to keep going, and decided it was better to keep going? Cause I dont know about that. Both have their pros and cons, to be honest.

without Charlie?

Retire.

Absolutely no question
20th April 2006 08:53 PM
corgi37 Retire. Its time. Do a massive free show some where and say good bye properly. There will be no more albums. No new music. Why bother? Just do a big finale and release some rare shit every Christmas.
20th April 2006 10:04 PM
Soldatti No Charlie, no Stones.
21st April 2006 11:50 AM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
No Charlie, no Stones.

Stones are over as of fall 2006............no new album(see ABB bomb-509k usa) and no new tours w/out the quitter Charlie.
21st April 2006 06:41 PM
glimmercat
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
Yeah, health permitting, I suppose they could do another huge-ass tour in the future w/o Charlie (or Charlie might change his mind and go yet again) in order to cash in.
However, if this is the last gigantic tour, and I wouldn't mind if it is, would you guys go see them solo if they ever had other projects, or if they collaborated with someone else, as side projects w/o a Stones-name to it? Or are you not interested in anything but Stones as we know them? I know some people here have seen Keith solo but spurn the concept of Mick solo. I think that's BS, but it depends what they are playing....

I'd absolutely go see Mick solo or with someone else backing him. Doing Stones material or otherwise. And "The Mick and Keith Show" would also draw my presence. But KR solo?? No fucking way! You couldn't pay me enough to go see him. I'll go to the ends of the earth for Mick, but the absence of KR would not bother me in the least. The only thing he's good for is being important to Mick.

meow
21st April 2006 06:44 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Stones are over as of fall 2006............no new album(see ABB bomb-509k usa) and no new tours w/out the quitter Charlie.

"Quitter" Charlie? That's unfair, Joshy. You're much better than this.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)