ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Cohl Behind The Charlie Story? Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th April 2006 08:24 AM
gimmekeef Lets see now...slow ticket sales in Europe and thoughts of a last few shows in USA.Could the Charlie "Last Time" rumours be a ploy by Cohl and the band to pump up ticket sales?....hmmmmmmmm
18th April 2006 08:26 AM
Madafaka Just three capital letters: MKT
18th April 2006 08:28 AM
FOURCHETTE "slow ticket sales in Europe "

I think you should stop reading JB...
18th April 2006 08:28 AM
Jumacfly that wouldn't be surprising, and it was my first reaction when I ve readen that story here.
they got stadiums to fill, and they won t fill them with overpriced tix...they need something else, more..human.
hope I m wrong, but you never know with these sharks.

18th April 2006 08:37 AM
LadyJane Add me in as a conspiracy theorist..although I KNOW this WAS to be the final Tour. I heard that a year ago...and it all makes sense....BUT....ya never know.

If true...scumbag move.

LJ.
18th April 2006 09:08 AM
Break The Spell It would make sense if they did do something like that, and they couldn't even get a new quote, all the ones they used in that story were from the Voodoo Lounge era!!
18th April 2006 10:39 AM
jb No, Charlie would never allow his name to be used for such a classless ploy....................
18th April 2006 10:54 AM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Add me in as a conspiracy theorist..although I KNOW this WAS to be the final Tour. I heard that a year ago...and it all makes sense....BUT....ya never know.

If true...scumbag move.

LJ.

please remember where you heard it first! Either from the pug and lawyer, or someone we told!
18th April 2006 10:55 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
No, Charlie would never allow his name to be used for such a classless ploy....................

Agreed....the Cohls are shrewd businessmen, but will not tarnish the legacy of Charlie Boom Boom Watts
18th April 2006 10:59 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Agreed....the Cohls are shrewd businessmen, but will not tarnish the legacy of Charlie Boom Boom Watts

Pug are you and jb one in the same person?..Ya never disagree...lol...Carry On!
18th April 2006 11:04 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Pug are you and jb one in the same person?..Ya never disagree...lol...Carry On!

no, just two highly successful, very intelligent family men!
18th April 2006 11:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
No, Charlie would never allow his name to be used for such a classless ploy....................

Unless Mick and Keith pleaded with him........and promised this would be the last time.
18th April 2006 11:28 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Unless Mick and Keith pleaded with him........and promised this would be the last time.

No one knows for sure if it will be the last time until the final show is indeed played. Its all in the lyrics to one of their songs:

"This could be the last time, may be the last time, I don't know..."
18th April 2006 11:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels It was a joke BTS.
18th April 2006 12:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

thats the truth!
19th April 2006 05:55 PM
stones40 Nothing to do with M.Cohl
Charlie Watts age 65 recovering from throat cancer promised under pressure from Keith Richards to do one last world tour
on the understanding that anything after that would be of the short time variety.
This does not mean that the 'Stones' will not tour again but that it will be a shortime tour of 1/2 months then several months break and then perhaps another 1/2 months of concert dates.
This makes absolute sense for Charlie & family but if you have the chance now is the time to see the 'Stones' in live concert in ' A Bigger Bang' which may indeed turn out to be
the Last Time tour.
20th April 2006 10:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels It's pretty simple really. Just replace Charlie with a new drummer. That's all.
20th April 2006 10:22 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
It's pretty simple really. Just replace Charlie with a new drummer. That's all.

Oh sure.....You gotta be kidding...Charlie is irreplaceable as Stones drummer...period!
20th April 2006 10:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Oh sure.....You gotta be kidding...Charlie is irreplaceable as Stones drummer...period!

Shhhhh....don't let Charlie hear that. You gotta have the leverage the next time the boys put the squeeze on him.
20th April 2006 11:40 AM
gimmekeef I am fully confident Keith will be up to the task....
20th April 2006 11:56 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I am fully confident Keith will be up to the task....

Ronnie is actually a pretty good drummer.
20th April 2006 12:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

20th April 2006 01:04 PM
Ihavelotsajam The whole "could be the last time" thing is a huge marketing ploy in and of itself. And even if the Cohls dont lift a finger, a singificant portion of the audience would be going to see them because of the possibility of it being the last time. Huge marketing advantage that they are so old.
20th April 2006 01:08 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
The whole "could be the last time" thing is a huge marketing ploy in and of itself. And even if the Cohls dont lift a finger, a singificant portion of the audience would be going to see them because of the possibility of it being the last time. Huge marketing advantage that they are so old.

I don't know if Cohl even has to do much, simply because every time the Stones tour, their going where no rock band has ever gone before in terms of their age. So when they announce a new tour, the media always says this HAS to be the last time, they couldn't possibly do another. Of course, the enlightened know better.
20th April 2006 01:09 PM
glencar We're all Rovians now...
20th April 2006 01:11 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I don't know if Cohl even has to do much, simply because every time the Stones tour, their going where no rock band has ever gone before in terms of their age. So when they announce a new tour, the media always says this HAS to be the last time, they couldn't possibly do another. Of course, the enlightened know better.

Yup.
20th April 2006 01:17 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

Yup.

Also, every new tour paves the way for everyone else. Remember during the SW tour, everyone called it the "Steel Wheelchairs" tour because of the band being in their mid-late 40's which was unheard of for a rock band at the time. Now, 17 years later, you see bands and artists tour all the time in their 40's and 50's and no one thinks anything of it.
20th April 2006 02:03 PM
jb It's going to be over, and we better be prepared...it's really happening and I suggest we accept it and take whaever steps are necessary to cope with life w/out the Stones.
20th April 2006 02:07 PM
Break The Spell At least we will still have the half-month treks here and there, Charlie didn't say he would retire on a permanent basis. There's still hope.
20th April 2006 02:10 PM
Ihavelotsajam So, have most of you already weighed the 2 options-- to retire or to keep going, and decided it was better to keep going? Cause I dont know about that. Both have their pros and cons, to be honest.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)